+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

Springbokkie

Jul 28, 2020
Hi all,

Can anyone direct me to the relevant info or provide me with an answer:

What happens should one get pregnant whilst still waiting for CoPR?
I understand that if the baby is born before CoPR is issued one raises a webform to request a new dependant be added to the application.
But what do you do if the baby is born after CoPR is issued but before you have had the opportunity to land and activate your PR??

I note from https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1362&top=14 it states that "You can’t add a child to your application if we finished processing your application and you have already become a permanent resident."

Are you regarded as a PR once CoPR is issued or only once you land to activate it?

I understand that if you "have become a permanent resident, you would then have to sponsor the child.

Would having a child after CoPR is issued complicate matters and if so how much so?

GW007

May 22, 2020
Hi all,

Can anyone direct me to the relevant info or provide me with an answer:

What happens should one get pregnant whilst still waiting for CoPR?
I understand that if the baby is born before CoPR is issued one raises a webform to request a new dependant be added to the application.
But what do you do if the baby is born after CoPR is issued but before you have had the opportunity to land and activate your PR??

I note from https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1362&top=14 it states that "You can’t add a child to your application if we finished processing your application and you have already become a permanent resident."

Are you regarded as a PR once CoPR is issued or only once you land to activate it?

I understand that if you "have become a permanent resident, you would then have to sponsor the child.

Would having a child after CoPR is issued complicate matters and if so how much so?
You only become a PR after you land and your CoPR is activated/ confirmed by a border officer.
Also, once you become a PR, you can only subsequently sponsor any additional family member.

Springbokkie

Jul 28, 2020
You only become a PR after you land and your CoPR is activated/ confirmed by a border officer.
Also, once you become a PR, you can only subsequently sponsor any additional family member.
If you only become PR after landing, how does one add the baby once CoPR is issued, but before landing? How does one travel with thqt baby which was not part of the application process?

Reactions: rogerEE

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
If you only become PR after landing, how does one add the baby once CoPR is issued, but before landing? How does one travel with thqt baby which was not part of the application process?
Based on what I’ve read here in the forum, you need to raise a webform. What will IRCC do is cancel your COPR, re-open your application, send you docs to fill up + you submitting required docs (e.g., birth certificate), pay additional fees, then IRCC will re-issue another set of COPRs for you and your kid. IRCC will NOT recalculate your CRS or check eligibility and such again though. Not sure how long you have to wait to get the new COPRs.

the link you provided above mentions these steps also. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1362&top=14

Last edited:

xtremenet2021

Jan 17, 2021
Hi @caipsnotes

In general, with a guy who passed eligibility, criminality, and security, and medical, and only waiting for the final decision, what kind of documents (if any) they may ask for to submit again if the processing times took some long time due to covid-19?
Can they ask, for example, for new PCCs once I passed my criminality? Or it's unlikely to ask for something else one I passed all the eligibility, security, and criminality stages?

And, for how long, does the passed eligibility, criminality and security stages remains passed? Does those "passed" status of eligibility, security, criminality have some expiry time by which they had to be reassessed again if the processing time got too long? Or once they were passed, they will remain passed regardless how long the processing time will be?

Thanks a lot!!

Dee O

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
I believe if you have a baby before PPR/COPR is issued and you're outside of Canada, you will need to send a webform to add dependent. They will respond asking for the required documents and you will have to wait until the baby is added and they reissue another PPR/COPR. But if you are able to land in Canada to activate your PR before the baby comes, then the baby is automatically a citizen.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Hi @caipsnotes

In general, with a guy who passed eligibility, criminality, and security, and medical, and only waiting for the final decision, what kind of documents (if any) they may ask for to submit again if the processing times took some long time due to covid-19?
Can they ask, for example, for new PCCs once I passed my criminality? Or it's unlikely to ask for something else one I passed all the eligibility, security, and criminality stages?

And, for how long, does the passed eligibility, criminality and security stages remains passed? Does those "passed" status of eligibility, security, criminality have some expiry time by which they had to be reassessed again if the processing time got too long? Or once they were passed, they will remain passed regardless how long the processing time will be?

Thanks a lot!!
Hi, I think that they will most likely ask for new medical exams. I also heard of cases where a new PPC was requested.
For what concern other documents, they should not expire and they should be locked at application date.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @caipsnotes

Thanks a lot!!
IRCC can ask for documents again at any stage but usually when Eligibility is passed it's unlikely to change. Also, certain checks have a validity period for the decision made. Sometimes these validity periods are not disclosed.

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
AOR Feb 9th, FSW still waiting.
Last update on my file was passing Medical on the 24th of February, silence since then....not even GU. I gave Biometrics on Dec 14th.
I've noticed other people here who had eligibility recommended passed in their GCMS notes but still says in progress on the account page, that's my case as well....does this mean the eligibility is not really passed? so damn nerve wracking.

Also could someone please give me a brief explanation for the re-medical? Are people getting asked to take it again (and pay) after a year otherwise their file won't proceed? or is this something that's happening after getting approved?

Finally is anyone having problem talking to IRCC agents? I went through all the steps to talk to one but then a message says they're receiving too many calls and hung up on me...should I keep on trying?

Thanks for your help with my many questions

Last edited:

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
Hello all,
I have a question for which I need advice from you guys.

After much confusion and going back and forth, I opened an account for my Bridging work permit
application this morning. At the first stage, it asked me if I had my medical done in last 12 months.
I had my medical done on 5, Feb last year, and since there is only 3 days difference (today is Feb-8),
I answered yes.
It now asks me to submit medical examination proof. Can I just attach my medical examination
sheet from last year (5, Feb 2020) or do I have to do another medical examination for this?

Can anyone tell me what I should do in this case? I would also greatly appreciate if @legalfalcon
gives me his advice on this one.

Thanks!

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
AOR Feb 9th, FSW still waiting.
Last update on my file was passing Medical on the 24th of February, silence since then....not even GU. I gave Biometrics on Dec 14th.
I've noticed other people here who had eligibility recommended passed in their GCMS notes but still says in progress on the account page, that's my case as well....does this mean the eligibility is not really passed? so damn nerve wracking.

Also could someone please give me a brief explanation for the re-medical? Are people getting asked to take it again (and pay) after a year otherwise their file won't proceed? or is this something that's happening after getting approved?

Finally is anyone having problem talking to IRCC agents? I went through all the steps to talk to one but then a message says they're receiving too many calls and hung up on me...should I keep on trying?

Thanks for your help with my many questions
Hi @Tanatos14 When I saw your post, I felt like I am reading about my own application. My AOR Feb 17, and Medical done 07 Feb, and Biometrics done
on Dec 16 after a long wait. I haven't received a single GU during this time. It is so frustrating.... Have your biometrics status changed? Mine hasn't changed since I did my it in Dec. I can see the number and info of it in my profile, but status of it is still saying same thing.

meetjintu

Dec 6, 2019
AOR - Feb 14th 2021
Remedial requested : Jan 19th 2021
Remedial passed : Feb 2nd. As per the status BG check in progress