17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello all,
I have a question for which I need advice from you guys.

After much confusion and going back and forth, I opened an account for my Bridging work permit
application this morning. At the first stage, it asked me if I had my medical done in last 12 months.
I had my medical done on 5, Feb last year, and since there is only 3 days difference (today is Feb-8),
I answered yes.
It now asks me to submit medical examination proof. Can I just attach my medical examination
sheet from last year (5, Feb 2020) or do I have to do another medical examination for this?

Can anyone tell me what I should do in this case? I would also greatly appreciate if @legalfalcon
gives me his advice on this one.

Thanks!
As per your own info, your last meds were done on Feb 5, which is over a year old and you will need new medicals. If you do submit the upfront sheet dated Feb 5, IRCC will ask you for medicals. You can try you luck, but if you get new meds done, it will save you processing time.

Reactions: Magnolian

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
AOR Feb 9th, FSW still waiting.
Last update on my file was passing Medical on the 24th of February, silence since then....not even GU. I gave Biometrics on Dec 14th.
I've noticed other people here who had eligibility recommended passed in their GCMS notes but still says in progress on the account page, that's my case as well....does this mean the eligibility is not really passed? so damn nerve wracking.

Also could someone please give me a brief explanation for the re-medical? Are people getting asked to take it again (and pay) after a year otherwise their file won't proceed? or is this something that's happening after getting approved?

Finally is anyone having problem talking to IRCC agents? I went through all the steps to talk to one but then a message says they're receiving too many calls and hung up on me...should I keep on trying?

Thanks for your help with my many questions
Expiry, re-meds and extensions - If the medical results are about to expire then you may be asked for a re-medical examination, if required. If a re-med is not required then the medicals will be extended. This is how the process works - when the validity period of medical results expire or are about to expire an IRCC officer will send it for reassessment and the regional medical officer (RMO) at the IRCC Health Branch (HB) will make the determination. Based on this reassessment by the RMO the GCMS file is updated as extended or the applicant is informed to get the medical examination done again. At this time the process for reassessment is not automatic and has to be manually undertaken. Due to the manual nature of this process there can be delays in sending the file for reassessment; updating GCMS with the extension status or informing the applicant. As an applicant you can also get another medical examination done on your own accord (not recommended), in which case submit the upfront sheet to IRCC via the web-form.

To see all the stages of an application in detail check https://bit.ly/37nCTJD

pranzal kothari

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hello friends,

My spouse got the biometric request letter last month in India. Howevere VFS india has not started biometric for PR applicants. So I am thinking to send her In Nepal for her biometric. So my question is anyone has done their biometric in Nepal or outside the country ? If yes then how was it ? please share your experience.

@legalfalcon do you have any idea about this ?

AMberWorld

Dec 3, 2020
@legalfalcon Feb AOR, I gave my medicals in march and after that it showed in my account that my medicals were passed on March 2nd. i just checked my application today and it says " You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. ". What does this mean now, has it gone for reassessment ? Please advise

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon Feb AOR, I gave my medicals in march and after that it showed in my account that my medicals were passed on March 2nd. i just checked my application today and it says " You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. ". What does this mean now, has it gone for reassessment ? Please advise
More than likely this means that medicals have been sent for re-assessment and a determination will be made whether to request a remed or grant an extension.

Expiry, re-meds and extensions - If the medical results are about to expire then you may be asked for a re-medical examination, if required. If a re-med is not required then the medicals will be extended. This is how the process works - when the validity period of medical results expire or are about to expire an IRCC officer will send it for reassessment and the regional medical officer (RMO) at the IRCC Health Branch (HB) will make the determination. Based on this reassessment by the RMO the GCMS file is updated as extended or the applicant is informed to get the medical examination done again. At this time the process for reassessment is not automatic and has to be manually undertaken. Due to the manual nature of this process there can be delays in sending the file for reassessment; updating GCMS with the extension status or informing the applicant (tip - use the web-form and inquire about the status or request your GCMS file). As an applicant you can also get another medical examination done on your own accord (not recommended), in which case submit the upfront sheet to IRCC via the web-form.

More in detail at https://bit.ly/37nCTJD

g.neha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
@legalfalcon : My AOR is Feb 16,2020 and I still have no updates on my application as most of them who don't have any updates. However, today morning I logged in to understand "application/ profile is updated". Will it be for re-meds ? and should I wait for an email from IRCC on re-meds ?

I mean, does IRCC update on our application or sends us an email ?

What will the update in the application be for ?

Thanks
Neha

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon : My AOR is Feb 16,2020 and I still have no updates on my application as most of them who don't have any updates. However, today morning I logged in to understand "application/ profile is updated". Will it be for re-meds ? and should I wait for an email from IRCC on re-meds ?

Thanks
Neha
That is likely just a ghost update. You can send in a web form to inquire about the status/re-meds. You will be notified if a re-med is required, read more at https://bit.ly/37nCTJD

Reactions: g.neha

AMberWorld

Dec 3, 2020

Thanks
Neha
I have the same AOR date and got same update, it is for the medicals. the date which we passes the medicals is gone and now it shows " we do not need your medicals, we will let you know.

Reactions: g.neha

Megha_1990

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon,

My ECA (from WES) validity is going to be expired in June 2021 and my PR application is still in progress (AOR Feb 2020), does ECA expiry can affect my PR application in anyway?

RonzMax

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Any CEC Inland with Feb 2020 AOR still waiting for COPR?
It's been a year and we are still waiting! This is really frustrating.
I raised a web form last month, with no reply from them. Seems like they have stopped replying to web forms as well.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello friends,

My spouse got the biometric request letter last month in India. Howevere VFS india has not started biometric for PR applicants. So I am thinking to send her In Nepal for her biometric. So my question is anyone has done their biometric in Nepal or outside the country ? If yes then how was it ? please share your experience.

@legalfalcon do you have any idea about this ?
You can get the biometrics done in any country, it does not matter. IRCC has clarified this:

Reactions: pranzal kothari

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

My ECA (from WES) validity is going to be expired in June 2021 and my PR application is still in progress (AOR Feb 2020), does ECA expiry can affect my PR application in anyway?
No, the ECA has to be valid as on the day you submit your application. If it later expires, i.e. older than 2 years, it would not matter.

Reactions: Megha_1990