+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

nagamaheshreddy

Jan 4, 2017
Congratulations! Well I am a bit of losing hope, called IRCC last week and the agent said my file already approved on Aug 24. But until today I received nothing and no update on my account. I have no idea how much longer I have to wait.
+1. Agent mentioned that its approved on Aug 30th. But nothing on my online account. Still waiting

Megha_1990

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
@legalfalcon ,

My husband is PNP-O primary applicant and I am a dependent, AOR 17th Feb 2020.

We are still waiting for any news on PPR/COPR.
Can you please advise what happens if I get pregnant before we get PPR? Or if our medical expires while waiting?
Do we have to inform IRCC about the pregnancy?

What's the procedure?

Regards,
Megha

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon ,

My husband is PNP-O primary applicant and I am a dependent, AOR 17th Feb 2020.

We are still waiting for any news on PPR/COPR.
Can you please advise what happens if I get pregnant before we get PPR? Or if our medical expires while waiting?

What's the procedure?

Regards,
Megha
Getting pregnant is not an issues, but if your family composition changes, i.e. after a baby is born you will have to either add him/her to the application, or sponsor him. Only after your baby is born, and if your application is still in process, you can add the child to the application by inform IRCC and submitting the required documents.

If your medicals expire, while you are still waiting for PPR, IRCC will either extend them or ask for remeds. If you are pregnant, you will still have to give the medicals. See https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=987&top=4

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/imm5733e.pdf

No. Only after your baby is born, you can inform IRCC, or inform when your due date is available. Under law, an unborn child cannot be added in anticipation.

Hope this helps!

Megha_1990

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Getting pregnant is not an issues, but if your family composition changes, i.e. after a baby is born you will have to either add him/her to the application, or sponsor him. Only after your baby is born, and if your application is still in process, you can add the child to the application by inform IRCC and submitting the required documents.

If your medicals expire, while you are still waiting for PPR, IRCC will either extend them or ask for remeds. If you are pregnant, you will still have to give the medicals. See https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=987&top=4

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/imm5733e.pdf

No. Only after your baby is born, you can inform IRCC, or inform when your due date is available. Under law, an unborn child cannot be added in anticipation.

Hope this helps!
Thank you @legalfalcon , this information is really helpful :)

One more thing I have some confusion around, if you could please clarify?
I gave medical examination on 28th Dec 2019 but our AOR is 17th Feb 2020 and in portal, medical passed date is 27th Feb 2020. I understand that medical is valid for a year. So in my case the validity would be till 28th Dec 2020 or till 27th Feb 2021?

Regards,
Megha

JTPr

May 15, 2020
Feb 7th Inland CEC
mine is Feb 7 too. Maybe try to call cic agent for a few more times? Some of them could be nice enough to give you more information or leave a note to the officer about your current situation?

Mine got approved yesterday as i accidentally found it out on my cic account. Today i got an email saying my status has been updated. Now just waiting for COPR email.

Have you called to the agent lately?

Reactions: nagamaheshreddy

Ali@12345

Jan 8, 2020
mine is Feb 7 too. Maybe try to call cic agent for a few more times? Some of them could be nice enough to give you more information or leave a note to the officer about your current situation?

Mine got approved yesterday as i accidentally found it out on my cic account. Today i got an email saying my status has been updated. Now just waiting for COPR email.

Hi @JTPr @legalfalcon

I am a CEC applicant . I have a concern, i have recently called immigration and mentioned that i am currently stuck outside CANADA and will be returning back soon, that i am currently working on my documentation for travel , However, the agent on call informed that i should update via webform that i am outside CANADA , However, i will be travelling to CANADA soon. based on previous suggestion from @legalfalcon there is no need to inform via webform if i am travelling back soon as it might create confusion .
1.At this point can you suggest if the agent would have made a note on my file that i am outside CANADA and i have to inform them via web form when i return back to CANADA .
2.Or it is not required since i have not raised webform. I am bit concerned as it should not cause any confusion .
3.Raise a web form now that i am outside Canada and then raise another webform when i reach to Canada ?

Kindly suggest

Thanks

nagamaheshreddy

Jan 4, 2017

I know that we both has same AORs. :) Hence I was closely following yours :)
I did called them and informed that I am inland along with my family & I asked my representative law firm to send a case specific enquiry. I raised a webform and asked for updating my account.
Asking rep to add a note is a good point. I will do that. Thanks buddy.

JTPr

May 15, 2020
Hi @JTPr @legalfalcon

I am a CEC applicant . I have a concern, i have recently called immigration and mentioned that i am currently stuck outside CANADA and will be returning back soon, that i am currently working on my documentation for travel , However, the agent on call informed that i should update via webform that i am outside CANADA , However, i will be travelling to CANADA soon. based on previous suggestion from @legalfalcon there is no need to inform via webform if i am travelling back soon as it might create confusion .
1.At this point can you suggest if the agent would have made a note on my file that i am outside CANADA and i have to inform them via web form when i return back to CANADA .
2.Or it is not required since i have not raised webform. I am bit concerned as it should not cause any confusion .
3.Raise a web form now that i am outside Canada and then raise another webform when i reach to Canada ?

Kindly suggest

Thanks
Hi Ali, I am not very sure about your situation. Different agents may give you different suggestions. Under your situation, I doubt they would be able to leave a note for your as it might be hard for them to verify your information. When are you travelling back to Canada though? Do you have your flight ticket in hand?

Maybe Legalfalcon may give you some more constructive suggestions!

nagamaheshreddy

Jan 4, 2017
Hi @JTPr @legalfalcon

Kindly suggest

Thanks
Buddy, IMO, irrespective you are travelling back to Canada or not, if you are not in Canada now, I believe we have to update IRCC. I am interested in the response from @legalfalcon advise.

JTPr

May 15, 2020
I know that we both has same AORs. :) Hence I was closely following yours :)
I did called them and informed that I am inland along with my family & I asked my representative law firm to send a case specific enquiry. I raised a webform and asked for updating my account.
Asking rep to add a note is a good point. I will do that. Thanks buddy.
I wish you good luck and keep me/us updated! Not all the agents are willing to leave notes but i did come across 2-3 who were actively trying to help me and offering me that they can leave a note for me to the officer!

On your account, does it still say SUBMITTED? or you are able to see your "COPR number and more information" at the bottom of your application?

Reactions: nagamaheshreddy

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/biometrics-exemption-permanent-residents.html

Who is exempt under this public policy
Applicants are exempt under this public policy from the requirement to give their biometrics if they have both of the following:

• a new or pending application for permanent residence made from within or outside Canada
  • already submitted their biometrics in support of an immigration application within the last 10 years
Biometric fee
Applicants should not pay the biometric fee (CAN$85) for a new application for permanent residence, even if the system asks them to pay it when they submit their application.

If an applicant has a pending permanent residence application for which they have already paid the biometric fee, and they are exempt under this public policy from the requirement to give their biometrics, IRCC will process their application and send them a refund for the biometric fee (CAN$85). Applicants do not need to do anything to initiate this refund.

nagamaheshreddy

Jan 4, 2017
I wish you good luck and keep me/us updated! Not all the agents are willing to leave notes but i did come across 2-3 who were actively trying to help me and offering me that they can leave a note for me to the officer!

On your account, does it still say SUBMITTED? or you are able to see your "COPR number and more information" at the bottom of your application?
its says SUBMITTED.