+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Hi everyone!
First, I want to say a huge thank you to those who recommended to use Fongo app to call IRCC!
Today I called them and I actually got through really quick! The agent was really nice, told me everything I wanted to know, and apologized for all the delays everyone is experiencing right now.
So, my statuses are:

Office - Ottawa
Eligibility - passed
Security - not started
Criminality - in progress
Background - not started

My AOR is Feb.1

Stream - FSW, Outland (Russian currently living in the US)

I plan to come back to Russia in a few weeks or so. But I also worried that they if decide on my application soon, I would have to fly to Canada from Russia then, not US.
On what stage do you think my case is? Is it wise to change countries on this stage?
not sure if the airline between Canada and Russia is still available? still have some time to meet six months timeline, i will stay in US and wait for updates.

fcwtx

Apr 29, 2020
not sure if the airline between Canada and Russia is still available? still have some time to meet six months timeline, i will stay in US and wait for updates.
It largely depends on Canada's travel restrictions too. My understanding is that as of now, even approved PRs cannot travel to Canada unless the application was approved before March 18.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Reactions: Alenaalena

Alenaalena

Mar 10, 2020
Currently waiting for the 6 months period elapsed, and then decide what to do. I haven’t seen any GU on my case at all, too. And, of course, not seeing any outland pprs issued or fsw streams since march makes the situation more difficult :)
speaking of flights, as far as I know it’s impossible to cross the US-Canada border now unless you are a Canadia’s relative. But people with PR visas in their passports have come to Canada from Russia through Europe in past few days.

thank you for your attention to my post, anyway! it is just cry from my hurt :)

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Oh, you are probably correct about pprs’ issued dates. does not matter what country you are now.
i dont think the travel restriction applied to landing from US Border. However, if you driving from US to Canada, you have to justify the travel is "essential" with the PR approved letter.. if you have strong reason, that might be works but depends on their judgement...

Alenaalena

Mar 10, 2020
i dont think the travel restriction applied to landing from US Border. However, if you driving from US to Canada, you have to justify the travel is "essential" with the PR approved letter.. if you have strong reason, that might be works but depends on their judgement...
Do you mean that there is no restrictions for those who have their pr approved and travel from the USA to Canada by flight?

anjulad12

Jun 6, 2020
No Outlands have recieved COPR in the last few months, it looks like IRCC are waiting for travel restrictions to ease.
In answer to your medical question I read a post in another thread from someone who has had their medical extended due to the covid crisis but I am not sure of the exact details.
Have you paid the RPRF ? If is it at the beginning or upon their request ?

Jibihi

Jan 13, 2019
Hi everyone!
First, I want to say a huge thank you to those who recommended to use Fongo app to call IRCC!
Today I called them and I actually got through really quick! The agent was really nice, told me everything I wanted to know, and apologized for all the delays everyone is experiencing right now.
So, my statuses are:

Office - Ottawa
Eligibility - passed
Security - not started
Criminality - in progress
Background - not started

My AOR is Feb.1

Stream - FSW, Outland (Russian currently living in the US)

I plan to come back to Russia in a few weeks or so. But I also worried that they if decide on my application soon, I would have to fly to Canada from Russia then, not US.
On what stage do you think my case is? Is it wise to change countries on this stage?
Hi, please which number did you call? did you pay for the Fongo app? thanks!

Reactions: Alenaalena

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Have you paid the RPRF ? If is it at the beginning or upon their request ?
I paid mine at the beginning when I submitted my application.

AaronHo

Feb 23, 2020
Hi Guys,

Got a GU yesterday and called IRCC this morning:
eligibility and criminality completed;
security not initiated.
VO-Ottawa

CEC Inland
AOR Feb 14, 2020

Reactions: sherby22

maulin_patel

Apr 9, 2015
Hi guys,

CEC Inland
AOR Feb 17

• The eligibility review is valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in progress.
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your file is currently located at the Central Intake Office – Sydney, Nova Scotia.

I saw that most of the time they approve the criminal background first but mine is still in progress even though the eligibility is valid. Any thoughts?
CEC Inland AOR Feb 19
I got an answer to my webform:

• The eligibility review is valid.
  • The security background verification is valid.
  • The criminal background verification is in progress.
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your file is currently located at the Case Processing Centre - Ottawa, Ontario.

I guess the criminal background verification is on hold because of the biometrics.
What did you write in web form ? Can you suggest