Hi Guys,

Got a GU yesterday and called IRCC this morning:
eligibility and criminality completed;
security not initiated.
VO-Ottawa

CEC Inland
AOR Feb 14, 2020
Got a GU again just now.
Then i assume that security should be passed and just need to wait for final approval as agent said this morning.

Looking forward to the Golden Mail!

lachu94

Apr 30, 2020
I received a GU on Monday. Aor - Feb 8th.
Just spoke to an agent & she confirmed that GU is all stages getting passed & can wait for COPR now.

hithere123

Jun 11, 2020
I received a GU on Monday. Aor - Feb 8th.
Just spoke to an agent & she confirmed that GU is all stages getting passed & can wait for COPR now.
hey guys, when we recieve a GU, does that mean an email is sent to our email first that there is an update to your application or is it that there is no email and we have to login to our account and there it says updated?

lachu94

Apr 30, 2020
hey guys, when we recieve a GU, does that mean an email is sent to our email first that there is an update to your application or is it that there is no email and we have to login to our account and there it says updated?
there will be no email and we have to login to our account and there it says updated

henryswap

Mar 21, 2020
They are reopening some VAC oversea. Fingers crossed that within-canada services will reopen soon.
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/06/visa-application-centres-starting-to-reopen-0614686.html#gs.8syi6u
I just received a survey invitation from IRCC regarding IRCC clients' experiences during the pandemic. I am going to raise the issue of biometrics collection. I encourage everyone facing the same problem to fill the survey and let them know the importance of the problem.

Muk612

Jun 15, 2020
I'm just one week earlier than you in the time line!

Basically, you get a less detailed response from the webform, but the response is quite fast (usually 3-5 business days). They will tell you something like "your eligibility is valid, your criminal background is under review, and your security check hasn't been initiated. Your visa office is Ottawa," but that's about it. Sometimes it's even more generic. IRCC's instruction says that they won't get back to you if your application is still within the normal time frame (6 months), but in reality they do it anyway. Be sure to ask them specifically about your eligibility status, criminality status, security status, and visa office if you want. To submit webform inquiry, go to https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

On the other hand, GCMS notes are much more comprehensive, even redundant. They are usually around 100 pages long, depending on where you are in the process and how complex your application is. The document includes every single update to your file, every note IRCC officers added. Most of the document doesn't provide any useful information though - usually you are only interested in a few pages. To order your GCMS notes, you need to go through a Canadian company/agency if you are not physically in Canada. Doing so costs ~15 dollars depending on the provider. IRCC is "required" by law to send you the notes within 30 days, but they can request an extension due to their workload (and they often do). It's reasonable to suppose you will get them in ~40 days. getgcms.com and gcmsbuddy.com seem to be popular places to order the notes.
woah.. thank you so much for the detailed response! Appreciate it!
I guess ill just submit the webform.