+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

sud6feb

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon

I had a couple of elementary questions. I ordered GCMS notes in Dec 2020 in which my security was blank (assuming in-progress) and eligibility and criminality were completed . I receive a ghost update in May 2021 and got a re-medical request last week.

1. As I got a GU in May 2021 and got re-medicals last week, is it safe to assume that the security is completed?
2. Is there another final review that is going to happen once we pass our medicals or the next step should be the passport request?
3. Is there any expiry on the security checks that are done?

Your response on this will be be much appreciated!
@legalfalcon Would be great if you can share your thoughts on this. As usual, I am forever grateful for your guidance.

DreamOntario

Aug 27, 2019
I received a re medical request but my wife is pregnant and upon checking came to know that a chest x ray should be avoided

I am the primary applicant though. Any one else faced similar situation.

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
I received a re medical request but my wife is pregnant and upon checking came to know that a chest x ray should be avoided

I am the primary applicant though. Any one else faced similar situation.
I too got remedicals today.

manthanp01

Dec 4, 2019
I too got request for re-medicals today. But rest all things same status shows in progress, not sure if only the re-medical is pending now and how much time will they take after this medical test. (AOR -Feb20)

Reactions: Maple bonbon Sirop

Maple bonbon Sirop

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
Haiti
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
08-02-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2021
Med's Done....
11-12-2021
I too got request for re-medicals today. But rest all things same status shows in progress, not sure if only the re-medical is pending now and how much time will they take after this medical test. (AOR -Feb20)
Hi, do you mind telling us if the remedical request was via email or on the cic account ?

Twinkle2500

Aug 20, 2021
Hi Guys, I requested my gcms notes mid July and after 30 days no notes were sent so I followed up. I received an email saying they will be released shortly. But no notes have been sent and its been 15 days since. What can I do? Follow up again? Or request new gcms notes?

Update*** I received my GCMS notes after 2 months from the date of request. There is no movement in my application from months now and still just pending security as Not Started from last year.

Anyone on the same boat here?

Jun 25, 2020
I have seen a lot of activity around outland FSW applications, I wonder if it's the same for some inland applicants? Has anyone received an update recently?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Would be great if you can share your thoughts on this. As usual, I am forever grateful for your guidance.
1. As I got a GU in May 2021 and got re-medicals last week, is it safe to assume that the security is completed?
It is an assumption, but not a conclusion. Most likely yes, but to be certain check your notes or call IRCC.

2. Is there another final review that is going to happen once we pass our medicals or the next step should be the passport request?
Yes. all applications after all stages are passed go though a final review, wherein it is made sure that all documents are valid and check complete before a PPR/COPR can be sent.

3. Is there any expiry on the security checks that are done?
The security screening manual does not indicate an expiry date, but there definitely is but it will largely depends on if any circumstances have checked, such as change of country of residence etc.

roland1990

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Place of landing refers to the port of entry where a foreign national landed/entered as a PR. If you received an eCOPR, you will have it as blank or have it as the PoE where you landed last.
Thanks @legalfalcon. In the PR card the place of landing is mentioned as Ottawa. Not sure what is the basis of IRCC putting Ottawa as the place of landing as the port of last entry was Toronto. Actually all my previous landings were in Toronto. My guess is that since the ecopr was issued by the OSC (operation support center), the place of landing must have been mentioned as Ottawa. Can anyone who has the ecopr issued from OSC confirm the place of landing in the PR card. Is it Ottawa regardless of where you physically last landed ?