+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

satishkota

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Hi guys,
I have been reading about ghost updates here. Do you receive an email when there is a ghost update? Or do you check the profile?
I have been checking it, but it looks the same always. I am not sure where to look.
When I initially submit, I got an email which is regarding passing of Medicals. But later on I did not get any email. The status changed from Submitted to Application Updated once. It reverts to Submitted after a day I guess.

Reactions: Magnolian

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Hi guys,
I have been reading about ghost updates here. Do you receive an email when there is a ghost update? Or do you check the profile?
I have been checking it, but it looks the same always. I am not sure where to look.
After you answer the question at the second security check, you will get to a page with your name and the following:

View my submitted applications or profiles
Application typeApplication numberApplicant nameDate submittedCurrent statusMessagesAction

Under Current status it should read "Submitted". When you get a ghost update, the status says "Profile/Application updated". However when you click on "Check full application status" nothing will change from the last times you've logged in. When you sign out and sign in again right after, the status will be back to "Submitted"

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
After you answer the question at the second security check, you will get to a page with your name and the following:

View my submitted applications or profiles
Application typeApplication numberApplicant nameDate submittedCurrent statusMessagesAction

Under Current status it should read "Submitted". When you get a ghost update, the status says "Profile/Application updated". However when you click on "Check full application status" nothing will change from the last times you've logged in. When you sign out and sign in again right after, the status will be back to "Submitted"
Hi Thanks for the reply.... Do you know the reasoning behind it reverting back to Submitted? Does a ghost update mean anything particular?

RonzMax

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi Thanks for the reply.... Do you know the reasoning behind it reverting back to Submitted? Does a ghost update mean anything particular?
It means someone has made an update to your application. This usually indicates that someone is working on your file. You can find more details if you order GCMS notes.

Reactions: Sola89

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Ghost update received on September 9th.
No new message or application status detail found on my profile though.
Hi everyone, hope all is well and you're in good health.
I called IRCC yesterday, on October 9th. Huge news: Everything passed and is valid.
My application is awaiting the Final Review.
VFS is still closed in Brazil tough. VFS was unable to comment about the timeline but added "The Canada Visa Application Centre will re-open according to the directives of the respective embassy/consulate."

Last edited:

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
I called IRCC yesterday, on October 9th. Huge news: Everything passed and is valid.
VFS is still closed in Brazil tough. VFS was unable to comment about the timeline but added "The Canada Visa Application Centre will re-open according to the directives of the respective embassy/consulate."
congratulations !

PuffyMe

Jan 23, 2020
That was my guess too. actually just rechecked the notes and it says that the Recommended Pass, was made by a Case Analyst. Just so disheartening to see that my application basically has not been touched since 10 March 2020 (seven months!).
I'm in same situation. So desperate to see an update. I do not even have criminality passed yet... We are so badly waiting for an officier to make some progress.

Twinklestar06

Sep 25, 2020
Hi all,

I ordered GCMS notes on 18sept and got them today. My profile is still under review required since june. No request for ADR, however, I submitted my dated employment letter as I found out from case analyst notes that one of my employment letter is not dated @legalfalcon as advised. Also, submitted my newborn’s birth certificate(born in Canada) and LOE.

I have a question regarding my online account, when I click on view submitted application or upload documents, it shows as in the attached picture but goes normal when sign out and sign in again. Also, it does not give any option to upload or fee detail at the bottom of the page. Is it normal, or something is happening or a ghost update? Please advise.
https://ibb.co/Xj6L1RS

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi all,

I ordered GCMS notes on 18sept and got them today. My profile is still under review required since june. No request for ADR, however, I submitted my dated employment letter as I found out from case analyst notes that one of my employment letter is not dated @legalfalcon as advised. Also, submitted my newborn’s birth certificate(born in Canada) and LOE.

I have a question regarding my online account, when I click on view submitted application or upload documents, it shows as in the attached picture but goes normal when sign out and sign in again. Also, it does not give any option to upload or fee detail at the bottom of the page. Is it normal, or something is happening or a ghost update? Please advise.
https://ibb.co/Xj6L1RS
After you submit your application, your cannot upload more documents, unless IRCC asked and allows you to do so through MyCIC. To submit any document, you can do so via CSE webform.

Sola89

Sep 22, 2020
Excuse me, but at what number did you call the IRCC? I didn't know it was possible to call them from outside Canada.

Twinklestar06

Sep 25, 2020
After you submit your application, your cannot upload more documents, unless IRCC asked and allows you to do so through MyCIC. To submit any document, you can do so via CSE webform.
Thnx for the reply @legalfalcon.

I did submit my documents via web form, my concern is about the attached picture. Because when I check into my account it shows the list whatever uploaded, fees etc. But sometimes it shows as in attached picture and goes back to normal after signing out and sign in again. So I was wondering if something is going on or is it a ghost update etc. Thnx.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thnx for the reply @legalfalcon.

I did submit my documents via web form, my concern is about the attached picture. Because when I check into my account it shows the list whatever uploaded, fees etc. But sometimes it shows as in attached picture and goes back to normal after signing out and sign in again. So I was wondering if something is going on or is it a ghost update etc. Thnx.

When you submit your documents or application, you have to click next and submit and sign the application.

If you did that, then this is just a technical glitch.

Twinklestar06

Sep 25, 2020
When you submit your documents or application, you have to click next and submit and sign the application.

If you did that, then this is just a technical glitch.
@legalfalcon, this is what I am trying to say that I have not even tried or wanted to upload any document but still it comes up. Yeah seems like technical glitch. But I was hoping for a movement in my file rather than a glitch lol.