Just received my GCMS Notes

* Eligibility: passed
* Criminality: Passed
* Medical: Passed
* Security: blank
* Info Sharing: complete
* Final: Approved

Actually was approved back in July, but still heard anything
When did you apply for GCMS and your AOR as well as whether you are inland or outland?

Springbokkie

Jul 28, 2020
Hi all,

I applied via FSW-0
AOR- 11 Feb
ADR- 21 Feb (Imm5669)
Medicals passed- 24 Feb
Biometrics- 26 Feb

Web form response of 28 July:

· The eligibility verification is currently in progress.
· The security verification has not been initiated.
· The criminality verification is currently valid.

Hi Everyone, So you will note from my previous post what my AOR date is etc.
I have since ordered GCMS notes which notes I received yesterday.

Under the heading "Assessments" the following is stated:
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
Final: {blank}

I want to highlight the most recent notes on my file (found at the end of the GCMS notes) which are as follows:

On 24 February 2020:
"PreVU Verified (applicant information)"

//
I have no idea what this is. My guess however is that it may be in connection with a request we received on 21 Feb 2020 in terms of IMM5669. I uploaded this form on 24 Feb 2020.

On 10 March 2020:
"EE Eligibility
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Case Analyst: Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation.
Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete...."

//The rest of this note just goes on to detail what proof I have submitted in substantiation for all the CRS points I claim.

On 10 August 2020:

"Status inquiry received from PA via email. Confirmed that file is currently awaiting officer review".

//This note pertains to an email I sent on 10 Aug 2020 to CPC-Ottawa directly, requesting an update. I did receive a response the same day, stating "Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed."

Finally my GCMS notes confirm that Security verification has still not been initiated.

What do you all make of this information?

Last edited:

Springbokkie

Jul 28, 2020

I want to highlight the most recent notes on my file (found at the end of the GCMS notes) which are as follows:

On 24 February 2020:

//
I have no idea what this is. My guess however is that it may be in connection with a request we received on 21 Feb 2020 in terms of IMM5669. I uploaded this form on 24 Feb 2020.

On 10 March 2020:
"EE Eligibility
Case Analyst: Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation.

//The rest of this note just goes on to detail what proof I have submitted in substantiation for all the CRS points I claim.

On 10 August 2020:

"Status inquiry received from PA via email. Confirmed that file is currently awaiting officer review".

//This note pertains to an email I sent on 10 Aug 2020 to CPC-Ottawa directly, requesting an update. I did receive a response the same day, stating "Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed."

Finally my GCMS notes confirm that Security verification has still not been initiated.

Oh and another thing I found strange, both my husband and I are NOC 4112. We submitted extensive proof of our work experience in this code. However in the GCMS notes, they have listed my husband's NOC as 9914 "new worker". Why????
Also what is covered in a security check, that is not already checked under eligibility and criminality?

Last edited:
Reactions: Reet14

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020

On 24 February 2020:

//

On 10 March 2020:
"EE Eligibility

On 10 August 2020:

I would say that your application was not yet picked up by an officer to review the eligibility. The analyst labeled it as recommended passed on March 10, but the officer needs to review it before starting the security.

Springbokkie

Jul 28, 2020
I would say that your application was not yet picked up by an officer to review the eligibility. The analyst labeled it as recommended passed on March 10, but the officer needs to review it before starting the security.
That was my guess too. actually just rechecked the notes and it says that the Recommended Pass, was made by a Case Analyst. Just so disheartening to see that my application basically has not been touched since 10 March 2020 (seven months!).

Last edited:

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
That was my guess too. So disheartening to see that my application basically has not been touched since 10 March 2020!
Yes, it is. I ordered the notes recently but I assume that I am in the same situation. Their use of their resources is highly questionable. The good new is that as soon as an officer reviews your files, security should not take that long. The eligibility phase is the longest.

mahinangia

Sep 10, 2020
That was my guess too. actually just rechecked the notes and it says that the Recommended Pass, was made by a Case Analyst. Just so disheartening to see that my application basically has not been touched since 10 March 2020 (seven months!).
Dont worry it will happen soon. I was in the same boat but in a matter of one week it went from nothing being initiated to all passed. As per IRCC 2019 reports average processing time is 8-9months. Stay positive ☺

Ali@12345

Jan 8, 2020
If there is affirmative answer to any statutory question, that will be flagged for the officer to look into. No need to be concerned, that is standard protocol and all IRCC wants to ensure is that you do not have a ban or a immigration violation that may result in a criminal conviction.
Hi @legalfalcon

Thanks for your reply , I have a query , I am CEC applicant on PGWP . I have applied for SOWP for my spouse while my Express entry application was in progress and the application was refused , Could you please suggest.
1]If the refusal would have impact on my file as i have applied while my PR application is in process in May 2020., Also my spouse has prior visa refusals to CANADA as well .

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Thanks for your reply , I have a query , I am CEC applicant on PGWP . I have applied for SOWP for my spouse while my Express entry application was in progress and the application was refused , Could you please suggest.
1]If the refusal would have impact on my file as i have applied while my PR application is in process in May 2020., Also my spouse has prior visa refusals to CANADA as well .
Prior visa refusals as such do not have any impact on your PR application. However, if the refusal for misrepresentation, then this will be an issue.

Pallavibhasin20

Sep 4, 2020
I just received my GCMS notes and i am a little confused l. It said my file was last updated on 04/30/2020 and the assessment sections shows:
Eligibility : passed
Security: not started
HIRV:
Criminality: not started
Org crime:
Medical: passed
Info sharing: in progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

however, in the activity section it says that criminality was in progress and then said not started. What does this mean

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
@legalfalcon
First of all, thanks for the great work you are doing helping every individual questions. I really appreciate it.

I have a very specific doubt. My AOR is Feb 28 and I have not done my bio-metrics.
I have my wedding planed in January 2021. Initially I expected my PR process to be completed before I fly to my home country and then to sponsor my spouse later through the sponsorship program.

But in the case if things continue to be the same until year end and I don't receive my biometrics appointment or biometrics is done and do not receive my PR.

Can I fly out of Canada? Are there any restrictions (considering the PR process and not COVID) that I cannot leave country between CoPR and getting the PR card.
Until what stage of the PR application can I add my spouse to my application?

Thanks in advance.

Ali@12345

Jan 8, 2020
Prior visa refusals as such do not have any impact on your PR application. However, if the refusal for misrepresentation, then this will be an issue.
Hi @legalfalcon

Thanks for your response , Our prior refusal was because the officer was not satisfied that the applicant will return back upon end of their stay and not a misrepresentation However, My concern is, is it ok we apply for spouse OWP , while PR application is in progress ? Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Thanks for your response , Our prior refusal was because the officer was not satisfied that the applicant will return back upon end of their stay and not a misrepresentation However, My concern is, is it ok we apply for spouse OWP , while PR application is in progress ? Thanks
Yes, there is no issue. Each application is processed on its own merit.

fahad_61

Aug 21, 2020
Ordered gcms notes
It says
ASSESSMENT
Eligibility passed
Security:
HIRV:
Org crime:
Misrepresentation:
Info sharing:complete
Other reqs:
Final:Approved
Can i please be informed what to understand from this?