+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Hi Everyone,

I submitted the file to sponsor my wife from India as a PR on Feb 1st, 2019. The Medicals were done and passed in April, Biometrics were done early June after which the file was transferred to New Delhi Visa Office and we received AOR 2 update in ECAS on June 26th. There has been no update since then and the background check shows in progress.

Based on the estimates, how long should it take after AOR 2 as already almost a month has passed.

Thank you!
nothing happening is normal and they warn you about the silence.

Flucht

Jun 27, 2019
Well if you already have PPR | DM | COPR shall be soon.. expect a few weeks maximum usually.

For the VAC restriction on who's presenting the documents.. i don't know you should call there i guess.

Will of course try calling the vac, they are not the most competent nor friendly nor informed
office that I have come across in my life,

We have passport request. As far as I know we don’t have decision made , nor copr. So , I don’t have an idea about how close we are. Their requesting the passport and additional photos suggests to me they are close.
If security is yet to be done, that is not really a concern for me.

Well if you already have PPR | DM | COPR shall be soon.. expect a few weeks maximum usually.

For the VAC restriction on who's presenting the documents.. i don't know you should call there i guess.

Flucht

Jun 27, 2019
You really don't get to communicate your preferences. Imagine how that would complicate the process. Sounds like you're close (weeks) given what's happened on your file so far. Don't expect anything to show up online. Just keep checking your email.

Thank you. Agreed it would complicate the process, but our lives are not that simple, with five children, jobs, medical conditions etc. Supposed to commit to the children’s school for the next year by the end of this month. Medical appointments are made six months in advance. Is it unreasonable to want a several month window to wind up ones life ? I don’t think so.

Reactions: canadaguy238

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Thank you. Agreed it would complicate the process, but our lives are not that simple, with five children, jobs, medical conditions etc. Supposed to commit to the children’s school for the next year by the end of this month. Medical appointments are made six months in advance. Is it unreasonable to want a several month window to wind up ones life ? I don’t think so.
Of course that's true for all of us. If they were in the business of accommodating all of our needs, this process would take years, not months. Search a message board with your VO to get an idea of timing. They say 12 months, my VO is moving at more like 10 in most cases and Mississauga is more like 5 months. Some longer than 12. Just depends. But from PPR should be pretty soon to completion.

Amandeep22

Jul 25, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I submitted the file to sponsor my wife from India as a PR on Feb 1st, 2019. The Medicals were done and passed in April, Biometrics were done early June after which the file was transferred to New Delhi Visa Office and we received AOR 2 update in ECAS on June 26th. There has been no update since then and the background check shows in progress.

Based on the estimates, how long should it take after AOR 2 as already almost a month has passed.

Thank you!
Does anyone have any estimated timelines for New Delhi visa office?

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Case Held as per back.office program ?!? what is that

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I have the same. I think it was at the early triage stage. my file was supposed to go to Mississauga once upon a time #eyeroll
Yeah i saw Missisauga been removed from list of VO too but... i don't get what is this Case held.... stll waiting to be sent to Mexico.

Last edited:

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Yeah i saw Missisauga been removed from list of VO too but... i don't get what is this Case held.... stll waiting to be sent to Mexico.
search the forum. there was another thread about it but I don't really think it's important

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
search the forum. there was another thread about it but I don't really think it's important
Na just looked my app is upgoing correctly... besides the VO waiting time..

Boolbool

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Do u know if i need to update the home address and change the country of residency for the principal applicant, how to make that change?
Would it affect since my file was not transfered yet and still in Sydney?
I am the family rep on the file and sponsor, can i make this by ircc webform or i need to fill out some applications?
I tried looking online couldnt

jeane_libatin

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hello @JoshC @alaria. Need some advice pls . My husband (PA) received an email that he has an update on his gckey. He got a request letter asking him to submit a photo and his original passport to the nearest VAC. Looks like a ppr but it came in a different format than the usual ppr letter. There was no changes on the bullet status in his gckey the day he received the letter. A day after the additional docs changes to “we requested additional doc to continue processing your application” no changes on eligibility and bgc (even until today). Pre-arrival services letter was also received that day. Ecas status showing decision made and that correspondence was sent. We are just confuse what does it mean? Is it really the PPR letter? Cant upload the screenshot of the letter here. Do you have any idea about this? Thank you in advance.

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Hello @JoshC @alaria. Need some advice pls . My husband (PA) received an email that he has an update on his gckey. He got a request letter asking him to submit a photo and his original passport to the nearest VAC. Looks like a ppr but it came in a different format than the usual ppr letter. There was no changes on the bullet status in his gckey the day he received the letter. A day after the additional docs changes to “we requested additional doc to continue processing your application” no changes on eligibility and bgc (even until today). Pre-arrival services letter was also received that day. Ecas status showing decision made and that correspondence was sent. We are just confuse what does it mean? Is it really the PPR letter? Cant upload the screenshot of the letter here. Do you have any idea about this? Thank you in advance.
You've most certainly been approved. There are lags in updates to GCKEY...this all sounds great so just wait it out. Should all be clear very soon.

jeane_libatin

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
You've most certainly been approved. There are lags in updates to GCKEY...this all sounds great so just wait it out. Should all be clear very soon.
Thank you! just bothered because it was stated in gckey that they were asking for an additional documents. But it was just the request letter and the pre arrival services we got.