+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Just a query. I was an international student in New Zealand where I stayed for more than 6 months. As far as I know and according to the current police clearance certificate requests, I have to provide PCC for current country where I live if I have lived for 6 months or more and country where I have spent most of my life in since 18, both of which for me is my current country of residence (lived in Nz for 2 years- was 18 in 2012) So I did not send a PCC for Nz as both those criteria do not apply. I have already requested for one just incase they ask for it. My main concern is will me having lived in another country add delays to my background check even though I am clear in both the countries (criminality & security wise)? (I am hoping Canada would not find it difficult to obtain data on me by contacting the relevant authorities in Nz since both are in good ties and commonwealth countries).

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Just a query. I was an international student in New Zealand where I stayed for more than 6 months. As far as I know and according to the current police clearance certificate requests, I have to provide PCC for current country where I live if I have lived for 6 months or more and country where I have spent most of my life in since 18, both of which for me is my current country of residence (lived in Nz for 2 years- was 18 in 2012) So I did not send a PCC for Nz as both those criteria do not apply. I have already requested for one just incase they ask for it. My main concern is will me having lived in another country add delays to my background check even though I am clear in both the countries (criminality & security wise)? (I am hoping Canada would not find it difficult to obtain data on me by contacting the relevant authorities in Nz since both are in good ties and commonwealth countries).
Yes, the more they have to look into the more you can expect a longer BGC. Doesn't mean it will be significantly longer, but for sure will take more time.

Reactions: Krissh2179

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
I can't help you with my experience since I don't have any related to this question, but here is a very nice post here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/ Please check it, and hope it will help you to find an answer.

Reactions: Krissh2179

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I can't help you with my experience since I don't have any related to this question, but here is a very nice post here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/ Please check it, and hope it will help you to find an answer.
Oh yeah I read this thoroughly long back. Not having Gckey or Ecas to constantly look at brings me to the forum to keep reading all things haha. With regards to my BGC, I have never overstayed nor have I been convicted or gotten into any altercations with the law there so pray and hope bgc doesnt take time.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Oh yeah I read this thoroughly long back. Not having Gckey or Ecas to constantly look at brings me to the forum to keep reading all things haha. With regards to my BGC, I have never overstayed nor have I been convicted or gotten into any altercations with the law there so pray and hope bgc doesnt take time.
May I ask why you don't have Gckey or Ecas?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
We’re probably looking at our AoR’s end of March - First week of April. Looking at previous months threads, I think they are picking up pace and reducing wait time.

Afr pra

Feb 12, 2019
Hi guys,
I also used old checklist dates june 2018 but my husband paid biometric fees so is there any problem?

ashmorgan18

Jan 13, 2019
Is anyone interested in an out land February sponsorship whatsapp group? If there isn't one yet I will gladly start one

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Is anyone interested in an out land February sponsorship whatsapp group? If there isn't one yet I will gladly start one
What is the purpose of that group?

Btw thanks for the spreadsheet. it is great to keep track