+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2019 Citizenship Applicants

Mohsin aziz

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
I got my oath date too: November 7, in Scarborough.

The only problem is that I was supposed to be in Germany for work that day... I'm not sure what I will do :(
My friend had to postpone her oath ceremony a while ago, and when she asked for a postponement they gave her a new date, ONE YEAR LATER. I don't want to wait that long, so I think I'll have to see if I can move my trip instead.

Anyway, admin please update my info!
Hi dear can you post your time line please

fnts

Feb 5, 2012
Hi dear can you post your time line please
Location App. | Toronto
Type | Single
Physical Presence Days | 1693
App. Sent | Jan 29, 2019
App. Delivered | Feb 04, 2019
AOR | Mar 26, 2019
In Process ecas | Apr 30, 2019
Test Invite letter/ecas date | Aug 23, 2019
Test Interview date | Sep 21, 2019
Decision Made date ecas estimate | Sep 23, 2019
Oath Letter Date | Oct 18, 2019
Oath Ceremony | Nov 07, 2019

Last edited:

Kamilaapplebum

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
I’m absolutely devastated. Got an email from the case officer that there are some discrepancies in my application travel dates. After going over it again I noticed there was one trip that I put the wrong year, which wouldn’t have effected the days but another part which actually set me back 2 weeks short of min presence days. Unfortunately I will have to withdraw my application and reapply with the correct dates. It’s so hard to pinpoint all the times I traveled because many times we flew on standby passed from work which didn’t really have itineraries on file and the stamps in my passport are so hard to read. Anyways I’m super deviated to have to go through that wait all over again. Oh well. Good luck guys

Kamilaapplebum

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
I’m absolutely devastated. Got an email from the case officer that there are some discrepancies in my application travel dates. After going over it again I noticed there was one trip that I put the wrong year, which wouldn’t have effected the days but another part which actually set me back 2 weeks short of min presence days. Unfortunately I will have to withdraw my application and reapply with the correct dates. It’s so hard to pinpoint all the times I traveled because many times we flew on standby passed from work which didn’t really have itineraries on file and the stamps in my passport are so hard to read. Anyways I’m super deviated to have to go through that wait all over again. Oh well. Good luck guys

Suryak86

Sep 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-08-2014 ( Medical Received : 24-08-2014)
Interview........
RPRF : March 30th, 2015
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015

That is just devastating. If I understand correctly, you had your application in process and then they said you were not eligible?

Can you post your timeline for all of us to see?

Fhendi

Jul 10, 2019
I’m actually confused with his application coz we’re just 1 day apart on getting a decision and yet I already got my passport already. I don’t know what may have happened to his application coz we’re both from Calgary.
Its frustrating, I had a friend of mine who took his test same date as mine. and he already got his passport ( Like 2 weeks ago ). Mine still decision made since then

Kamilaapplebum

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
They didn’t say I am not eligible. She emailed with “ I noticed discrepancies in the travel you listed on the “Absences” section of your application, with what is on the ICES traveller history report. Please bring travel itineraries with you for all the trips listed on your application and if you have an i94 report from CBSA, USA”

i emailed back to ask if she could send me my presence calculator, application and she also send me the CBSA report. Upon cross checking the trips I learned and the ones on the CBSA I noticed one trip that I missed. I wish I had known about the i94 online history report that we can go on and get all our US entrances and Exits because it would have made things soooo much easier when trying to figure out all the times I went away. I live close to the border and often take even just trips to get gas and they want you to list even those.

anyways with the trip that I missed on my application it would have put me under the min days. She said in her email to recalculate and To come in the my exam date early to discuss my options one being not going ahead with the test and withdrawing my application. It seems that’s really the only option I have though so I don’t even think I’m going to go to the exam place. I’m just going to go ahead and withdraw and reapply. I’m SO SAD! My timeline is on the google doc

when I asked her if besides the i94 history report we can get online there is something like that online for canada so I could avoid any mistakes on my new application and she had told me that I could apply to get it from CBSA but it takes 6-12months to get!!!

Suryak86

Sep 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
They didn’t say I am not eligible. She emailed with “ I noticed discrepancies in the travel you listed on the “Absences” section of your application, with what is on the ICES traveller history report. Please bring travel itineraries with you for all the trips listed on your application and if you have an i94 report from CBSA, USA”

i emailed back to ask if she could send me my presence calculator, application and she also send me the CBSA report. Upon cross checking the trips I learned and the ones on the CBSA I noticed one trip that I missed. I wish I had known about the i94 online history report that we can go on and get all our US entrances and Exits because it would have made things soooo much easier when trying to figure out all the times I went away. I live close to the border and often take even just trips to get gas and they want you to list even those.

anyways with the trip that I missed on my application it would have put me under the min days. She said in her email to recalculate and To come in the my exam date early to discuss my options one being not going ahead with the test and withdrawing my application. It seems that’s really the only option I have though so I don’t even think I’m going to go to the exam place. I’m just going to go ahead and withdraw and reapply. I’m SO SAD! My timeline is on the google doc

when I asked her if besides the i94 history report we can get online there is something like that online for canada so I could avoid any mistakes on my new application and she had told me that I could apply to get it from CBSA but it takes 6-12months to get!!!

I am really confused. Are you counting the trips you took for GAS as one day trips and if you count them it would put you under the threshold?

Because from what I understand, if you stay the night in Canada, that counts as a day spent in Canada

ALSO, dont loose hope, becuase they have already finished most of the processing, email her back saying that you will refill your calculator and that by now you will have gotten the required days anyways

See if she can agree to continue to process with the new dates?

lopl1360

Sep 30, 2013
Hello everyone

our application is still in progress since May 28th when the ECAS got updated with this line

`We started processing your application on May 28, 2019.`

after reviewing posts here, I noticed that we are really behind, just wondering if anyone else has a similar experience or if there is a way to follow up on this.

Thanks

our timeline:
Location App. | Vancouver
Type | Family(2)
Physical Presence Days | 1200
App. Sent | Feb 19, 2019
App. Delivered | Feb 22, 2019
AOR | Apr 17, 2019
In Process ecas | May 28, 2019

Kamilaapplebum

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
I am really confused. Are you counting the trips you took for GAS as one day trips and if you count them it would put you under the threshold?

Because from what I understand, if you stay the night in Canada, that counts as a day spent in Canada

ALSO, dont loose hope, becuase they have already finished most of the processing, email her back saying that you will refill your calculator and that by now you will have gotten the required days anyways

See if she can agree to continue to process with the new dates?
No no I’m not counting those but when I cross the border they stamp my passport anyways so then it would confuse me with whether that was a longer trip or just a day trip. So had I known about the i94 it jus would have made figuring dates out muhh much easier as they still want you to list those days even though they don’t count.

Mohsin aziz

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 9, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 1, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on May 10, 2019.
AFter that nothing

Reactions: lopl1360

enaj_91

Mar 4, 2019

Im not sure why you are wanting to withdraw the application if they said that you can still show up for the exam and discuss your options. It sounds like there is a chance you wont have to go through the whole process again! or maybe im just not understanding it correctly

Suryak86

Sep 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 9, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 1, 2019.
AFter that nothing
Yours and mine are very similar, off by about 15 days. I think if we hear back from Scarborough before the december holidays, that will be a win

Mohsin aziz

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
I wish we could have it maximum by november i have 3 big marriage ceremonies in december and cannot stay here at any cost and these events are very big what are your dates???I dont understand how scarbrough works i just saw a timeline in which some one applied in march and he took oath last week his citizenship office was also scarbrough i dont know which months file scarbrough is processing atm

Last edited:

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Citizenship
AFter that nothing
Hi. In my case too application received on 8th Feb 2019, AOR 10th April,2019 and IP from 16th May 2019. I an from Brampton. Whenever I called IRCC the agent repeatedly saying from August till date that :"Background and Security checked and you being above 55 you are in queue for interview . When I asked name of CPC, the reply was either Mississauga or Scorbough. Me too is aggressively waiting. My friend in Alberta eho applied in May already became Canadian and cast vote.