+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2019 Citizenship Applicants

D.Hassan

Aug 28, 2015
To be on the safe side, it is better to get them translated in case the officer asks for them. Based on what I have read here and also according to folks who I personally know, in most cases, the applicant is asked to provide them and if you do not have them already with you during the interview, it can cause some delay.
Thanks ☺

Reactions: NiManta

Ramisha

Oct 20, 2018
Hey guys.

My brother is under 18 and my mother applied for Canadian citizenship in February 2019 and attached his file with hers.
Yesterday he received a letter from IRCC asking that he sends his fingerprint. The problem is that RCMP told us that their system would not let them send fingerprints of a minor.

Has anyone else had this issue? I find this very bizzare

hemishpatel

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Hi I am 7th February 2019 applicant.
Haven’t received any updates since than just the file number on 4th April 2019.
Guys is my file on right track or it’s running late

Usernametaken999

Sep 20, 2018
Been in process since 6/6 and still waiting on test invite... Just called CIC and confirmed my application is being processed in Toronto Scarborough office and the security clearance is already done... I guess Scarborough is just too backlogged

netflixtrialps

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Been in process since 6/6 and still waiting on test invite... Just called CIC and confirmed my application is being processed in Toronto Scarborough office and the security clearance is already done... I guess Scarborough is just too backlogged
How can you check if security clearance has been done or not and which stage is the application on? Mine is IP since April 18. No update after that.

Usernametaken999

Sep 20, 2018
How can you check if security clearance has been done or not and which stage is the application on? Mine is IP since April 18. No update after that.
Mine IP since June 6 - i asked the agent which office is processing my application and if the security clearance has been completed. So you can call CIC and find out.

moe9876

May 10, 2018
I called CIC yesterday - the agent said they sent the fingerprint request by mail and will ask the responsible office to send it again. While he was verifying the address to which the request was sent to, it turned out they put the street number only and didn't put the unit number (very weird and frustrating because my address in ECAS shows the full address correctly!). Agent made the request for it to be sent again and mentioned it should take approximately 3 weeks to arrive - I hope it gets delivered this time.

I asked if it could be sent by email, and the agent noted he can't do that himself, but will forward the request to the responsible office (which apparently I can't call myself). Advise to those who haven't received the request for a long time to make the call to CIC.
I just got my fingerprints request letter yesterday on August 1st by email.

Msjoy11

Mar 8, 2019
Hi,

Just want to ask if any of you guys receive an email from IRCC asking to complete the survey attached to the email. Thanks

Lloyd2017a

Aug 2, 2019
Hey guys, I have a question regarding the documents to bring during the exam.

I've learned form a friend who applied for his Canadian Citizenship shortly before I did that we have to provide/bring along the original passports listed in the eligibility period of the application form.

I have two passports listed on my application:
Current Valid Passport (validity period 2016-2026)
Previous Expired Passport (validity period 2006-2016)

I do not have the original copy of my expired passport . The embassy kept it when I picked up my new passport. All I have is a photocopy of my previous passport.

I was wondering if they would demand to see the original copy of my previous expired passport, or a simple photocopy would be good enough.

Is there anybody else in the same situation as me ?

netflixtrialps

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
My application went into process over 2 months ago. Is it normal to have 2 month go by without a test invite?
Yes, it’s normal. The processing time is 12 months. You will get the test invite within this timeframe if not then you can contact them.

My application is in process since April 18th.