+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2019 Citizenship Applicants

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
Just did my test and interview this morning. It was pretty straight forward. Anyone know the waiting time in Calgary for the citizenship ceremony?
2 to 3 months. Nov and Dec applicants are taking their oaths right now. So another 2 months I would guess. I cleared my exam in mid july and I am anticipating the oath to be held in early Sept

Reactions: Ah Jaysus

jungkook1997

Jul 18, 2019
Just did my test and interview this morning. It was pretty straight forward. Anyone know the waiting time in Calgary for the citizenship ceremony?

Did you just study the discover canada book? My husband is finding it hard to study all that :( Is there any material that he can study? Thank you

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Did you just study the discover canada book? My husband is finding it hard to study all that :( Is there any material that he can study? Thank you
For me, I read Canada book twice. Then I practice online. V-soul.com, if you can answer all the questions in online practice, you are most probably ready to take the real test! Good luck.

Reactions: jungkook1997

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
There are various free cellphone apps available which you can use. its like a game, the more you play/solve the more you learn.
I used 3 apps totaling about 500 questions.

hyh1004

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I passed the test last week and the IRCC officer said he will approve my application this week. So I got DM today.

syedpost

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
toronto
Visa Office......
islamabad
AOR Received.
May2011
File Transfer...
July 2011
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2012
Passport Req..
still awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
inshallah
LANDED..........
20-08-2014
Question for members who have received the test invite or past that stage ...
I am anticipating such letter soon one problem and I asked before as well is that I am changing my house by mid this month. What was the date your letter was when you received it like how many days did it take for the letter to get to you.
I m looking for a suitable time to update my residential address so that mail is not lost during my move.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Question for members who have received the test invite or past that stage ...
I am anticipating such letter soon one problem and I asked before as well is that I am changing my house by mid this month. What was the date your letter was when you received it like how many days did it take for the letter to get to you.
I m looking for a suitable time to update my residential address so that mail is not lost during my move.
if you want to be on the safe side, you can pay for mail forwarding services at Canada Post:
https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/personal/receiving/manage-mail/mail-forwarding.page

Reactions: syedpost

NiManta

Feb 25, 2019
Do I need to translate my passport stamps for the test interview?
To be on the safe side, it is better to get them translated in case the officer asks for them. Based on what I have read here and also according to folks who I personally know, in most cases, the applicant is asked to provide them and if you do not have them already with you during the interview, it can cause some delay.

Reactions: sylvain1