+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2019 Citizenship Applicants

Sandy91234

Jun 22, 2019
Hi y’all can someone tell me how long does it take to get the actual FP letter in the mail since i seen it on my ecas i was wondering how long between ecas and the letter in the mail please share with me ur experiences i work out of town so I wanna plain on it for a off day to do the FP
Thanks all of u

I'm in the same boat... it's been 2 weeks since they posted on ECAS.

I called up three times.. they said wait.

Sandy91234

Jun 22, 2019
Hi y’all can someone tell me how long does it take to get the actual FP letter in the mail since i seen it on my ecas i was wondering how long between ecas and the letter in the mail please share with me ur experiences i work out of town so I wanna plain on it for a off day to do the FP
Thanks all of u

They send regular mail

2 to 3 weeks. I guess.. I'm in same boat.

Bobcatn

Apr 4, 2019
Hi can someone please add me to the timesheet

App Type : don’t understand this question, I’m married but I’m the only one applying for citizenship.
Application Submitted :Feb 20
Application Received : Feb 08
AOR : Apr 05
In Progress : May 29

Also it seems things have come to a stop or slowed down a lot. How come some people have already got there citizen and others haven’t even gone into process? I don’t understand this system. Mine wasn’t going into process for so long so I emailed them asking what’s going on and the next day it was “in process” Really make you wonder doesn’t it. I wish I would have followed up about it way earlier.
You're right it feels like they stopped processing all applications. I dont know whats going on with them.

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2016 Sent passport on: 20-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
Is the FP request is to be done here for canada or is it for country of origin??

yuvahrk

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Hello all,

I'm a February Grant of Citizenship applicant here. My application is under process now.

I'm now planning to get married to a girl from my home country this October. She neither visited Canada nor applied for any visa before. Since my citizenship application (single as my marital status) is still under process, what would be the best way to deal with this situation. How can I add her to my application, I understand that she wouldn't be eligible to get Citizenship along with me but just would like to update my status as married if my application is not processed until then.

Also, what would be best way to bring her to Canada. Family sponsorship seems taking too long (12 months processing time).

And is there any difference for her visa if I'm a PR or Citizen?

Could someone please enlighten me.

Thanks in Advance.

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto
Hello all,

I'm a February Grant of Citizenship applicant here. My application is under process now.

I'm now planning to get married to a girl from my home country this October. She neither visited Canada nor applied for any visa before. Since my citizenship application (single as my marital status) is still under process, what would be the best way to deal with this situation. How can I add her to my application, I understand that she wouldn't be eligible to get Citizenship along with me but just would like to update my status as married if my application is not processed until then.

Also, what would be best way to bring her to Canada. Family sponsorship seems taking too long (12 months processing time).

And is there any difference for her visa if I'm a PR or Citizen?

Could someone please enlighten me.

Thanks in Advance.
She won’t get anything from you citizenship application.
If you want her to marry and live with her in Canada you have to sponsor her.
2 ways:
Outland sponsorship
Inland sponsorship.
If you are applying under inland sponsorship she will be here with you and she will get open work permit that will allow her to work legally in Canada.
If you want to marry her in Canada she has to have visitor visa
There is no different visa for her if you are pr or citizen

Reactions: yuvahrk

yuvahrk

Star Member
May 7, 2017
She won’t get anything from you citizenship application.
If you want her to marry and live with her in Canada you have to sponsor her.
2 ways:
Outland sponsorship
Inland sponsorship.
If you are applying under inland sponsorship she will be here with you and she will get open work permit that will allow her to work legally in Canada.
If you want to marry her in Canada she has to have visitor visa
There is no different visa for her if you are pr or citizen
Thanks for your reply.

I want to marry her in my home country India since she is currently living there. Is there anyway I can bring her to Canada on a visit visa and apply for inland sponsorship after wedding? I heard that, visit visa of a PR spouse has high rate of rejections.

Last edited:

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto
Thanks for your reply.

I want to marry her in my home country India since she is currently living there. Is there anyway I can bring her to Canada on a visit visa and apply for inland sponsorship after wedding? I heard that, visit visa of a PR spouse has high rate of rejections.
I don’t really know about rejection.
You can apply for visitor visa and when you two come back to Canada apply under inland sponsorship.
I don’t think they will reject her visitor visa because she is gonna be your wife. You can attach explanation letter when you apply for visa

Reactions: yuvahrk

yuvahrk

Star Member
May 7, 2017
I don’t really know about rejection.
You can apply for visitor visa and when you two come back to Canada apply under inland sponsorship.
I don’t think they will reject her visitor visa because she is gonna be your wife. You can attach explanation letter when you apply for visa
Thank you for your insights.

jay19

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
Montreal, QC - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-09-2014
File Transfer...
10-09-2014
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2015
LANDED..........
03/04/2015
Hi admin,
I just (2nd July 2019) received the email from CIC to appear for the citizenship test. The test is scheduled for 22nd July 2019. Please modify the sheet with this detail.

alberta1952

Jan 4, 2018
Hi All,

I sent my app on Feb 20th and got the AOR on May 13th... I am in Calgary AB..Can any one got test date, am I missing something.. Its been almost 5 month ... Do I need to call them to check ?

CA-AB

Jul 3, 2019
Hello, passed my test yesterday (20/20:), today status "in process" changed to "decision made". Trying to figure out the approximate date of the oath ceremony:(
Hello Merchen13,

I wanted to ask how did you prepare for the exam? Is there a reviewer that I can buy?

Hi Admin,
Please add me on the sheet, thanks:

App Type : Single
Application Submitted :Feb 25
Application Received : Feb 28
AOR : Apr 26
In Progress : _______
FP Request : _______
FP Submitted : _________
FP Received : _________