+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2019 Citizenship Applicants

Candy26

Jul 5, 2016
Hello All,

I might need to move to a new place(address) within the next month, I am worried that this might delay my application.
Does anyone know or can advice me if this might delay or not my application?

I am moving within the same province just a new place in the same area.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

CKG

Feb 12, 2019
Hello all,

My client application status says they received my application on Feb 22nd.

It then says "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 16, 2019."

I have been away on holidays for the last 2 weeks and just returned today and there is no AOR or study book to be found in my mailbox.

When they say they "sent me correspondence" does this mean through email or an I to expect a hard copy in the mail? I did not receive any email recently but did notice their is an online version of Discover Canada. Is all correspondence going to be sent via email?

Any insight is much appreciated. I just found this site and still figuring out all the different abbreviations. Thank you!
We are in the same boat. My application was delivered on Feb 26th and I haven't received AOR in email or mail. Nothing is in my spam folder. But the ECAS says they sent me acknowledging receipt on May 1st!

CKG

Feb 12, 2019
How does IRCC send the interview/oath ceremony invite? Via email or mail? I am a 65+ applicant and I don't have to write the test.

tatpub

Feb 2, 2016
Sorry forgot to mention my updated id in the spreadsheet. It’s updated as tatpub87.

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
We are in the same boat. My application was delivered on Feb 26th and I haven't received AOR in email or mail. Nothing is in my spam folder. But the ECAS says they sent me acknowledging receipt on May 1st!
you have to call IRCC to ensure they have your email address on file correct, as the test invite, oath invite comes in email whereas the finger print request which is not for everyone is mostly sent by Canada post.

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
Anybody here still awaiting for AOR ? Has CIC agents over the phone has been helpful ? I am from March pool application received on 6th no AOR yet neither returned, apparently see only 85% of applicants falls into regular processing window for an unknown reason CIC decides keep the other 15% at limbo. Should we have a petition such as an email notification for returned application and current processing day details online and better visibility on applications which does not take a lot for government of Canada ?

irishibanez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Calgary
Anybody here still awaiting for AOR ? Has CIC agents over the phone has been helpful ? I am from March pool application received on 6th no AOR yet neither returned, apparently see only 85% of applicants falls into regular processing window for an unknown reason CIC decides keep the other 15% at limbo. Should we have a petition such as an email notification for returned application and current processing day details online and better visibility on applications which does not take a lot for government of Canada ?
have you tried checking your ecas if it's active? a few applicants apparently never got an email for AOR but when they check ecas it's already active

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
have you tried checking your ecas if it's active? a few applicants apparently never got an email for AOR but when they check ecas it's already active
Nope nothing in ecas, I wonder had different email and address during PR caused the delay.

irishibanez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Calgary
Nope nothing in ecas, I wonder had different email and address during PR caused the delay.
not quiet sure there esp if you have provided a new email on your application, they should know to use that one instead. You can try giving them a call if you'd like and maybe ask them if they have the correct new email address

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
not quiet sure there esp if you have provided a new email on your application, they should know to use that one instead. You can try giving them a call if you'd like and maybe ask them if they have the correct new email address
Thanks @irishibanez, the agents dont see anything for my client id #, yet. They still see my PR address and email id which means the application hasn't been opened or returned. I insisted them to send email to processing team to verify if they actually received my application I was told thats another 30 days I should give before I can know the answer duh.

irishibanez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Calgary
Thanks @irishibanez, the agents done see anything for my client id #, yet. They see still my PR address and email id which means the application hasn't been opened or returned. I insisted them to send email to processing team to verify if they actually received my application I was told thats another 30 days I should give before I can know the answer duh.
oh wow, just need a lot of patience, hope everything goes well soon!