+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2019 Citizenship Applicants

GraceCan

Oct 16, 2014
Hello Everyone
Thursday was my Oath Ceremony.... It was amazing... It was pretty smooth.

I was given my time for 1pm, Ceremony was at 2pm but you need time to register and get everyone sit it.
Ceremony started on time at 2 and by 2::41pm I was in the car after pictures and all....

Pretty sweet.. Now I'm a Canadian Citizen, what an amazing feeling to be done and it still quite surreal that it was so fast....

I wish you all the best of lucks and quick processing...!!!!
Yes...its amazing....congrats on completing the process....Wish you the best!

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Congratulations,

hope you dont mind me asking, did you request urgent processing on your application?if yes mind sharing what was so urgent.

i did request my file to be processed on urgent basis ,but so far no response and i feel they didnt accept my reasons.

to which VO your file was transfered to after Sydney NS VO?

Congratulations again
Thank you...

No I didn't request any urgent processing, in fact, I didn't even know you could... I was prepared for the wait of 12 months but It happened to be that fast...

I think Scarborough. Not sure if thats right

Best of lucks

waitforcitizenship

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
Called them up yesterday.
As my tracking # says: delivered on Feb.27 but still no AOR. There is no application in their records from me and my payment doesn`t link to any application.
So, the agent said that he has limited access to their system and can`t see the whole picture. He left the notice for another agent with full-access to find the envelope (I left my tracking # ) , link the payment and review my file.
In addition he said that might be delayed up to 30 days backwards from the date which they`re working on now. He recommended call them back after one week.
Yesterday they were working on the packages received on March 04, 2019.
Did you get any update regarding ur application ? Actually i am an March 11 applicant. I have seen people in our March Applications thread getting their AOR who applied after me, that makes me little worried, i called CIC last friday, the agent asked me about my UCI and when he checked into his system he said there is no Citizenship application. He told me there could be two reasons, 1) They have not opened my package yet and start working on my application, or 2) They may have opened it but found it incomplete (in this case application will be returned). So i am not sure if my case is similar to urs...? Did the CIC agent, when you called, check the system and told you that there is no application ? Did u get any recent update ?

Thanks,

Last edited:

CKG

Feb 12, 2019
Hello all, my citizenship application was delivered on Feb 26,2019 and as of today (May 13) I haven't received AOR. I just checked the ECAS status and realized that they received my application. This is what I see in ECAS:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 26, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 1, 2019.
Not sure what I should do. I haven't received anything in mail or any email from citizenship. So I am worried about future correspondence. How are they going to notify me about my test and interview date? Via email or mail? what should I do in this situation?

Thanks

Reactions: AC1974

CKG

Feb 12, 2019
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 19, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 10, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on May 8, 2019.
Have you received AOR email? I see #1 and #2 in my WCAS but haven't received AOR!!!

irishibanez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Calgary
Hello all, my citizenship application was delivered on Feb 26,2019 and as of today (May 13) I haven't received AOR. I just checked the ECAS status and realized that they received my application. This is what I see in ECAS:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 26, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 1, 2019.
Not sure what I should do. I haven't received anything in mail or any email from citizenship. So I am worried about future correspondence. How are they going to notify me about my test and interview date? Via email or mail? what should I do in this situation?

Thanks
You could check your junk email first and if you still can't find it, give cic a call. your AOR should have been emailed out May 1st.

Oh and please provide Location, Physical Presence and Application Sent date, so an Admin can add you on the tracker

AC1974

Mar 8, 2010

Thanks

Hi, this is your AOR. Congratulations!!!!!!
If you used an email address you should get an email. If you used a mailing address, you should get communications by mail.
That's why it is also important to check ECAS from time to time.

Now, it is time to start studying!!! Yeah!!!

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the helpline/call centre # to inquire about application status?

alberta1952

Jan 4, 2018
Hi All,

I applied on Feb 20th , when I called the CIC last week, they said some error in the application and I have to reapply.. I live in Calgary downtown, Can someone help me in filling the application again meeting in a coffee shop... I have all the requirements and eligible to apply for Citizenship, thats for sure... for some simple mistake they are returning my application.....Please ping me, I will drop a personal email to you..

some basic info

Indian, Married, 35 years, in Canada for more than 5 years..