+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2019 Citizenship Applicants

Mido1978

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Hi There,
I have posted this same question in another forum as well, so thought of putting it here because eventually I would also be part of this forum if I apply this month.
Below is my dilemma

I am very confused about the question number 13 due to my own status in different countires. I was in an African country where I did not have a work permit or resident permit. The way it used to work was they would give an on arrival visa like a visitor visa of 1 month validity. One would then apply for an extension they would give an extension visa 2 moths validity with comments like - Work, Business, or Mission.And the same cycle...

I have like 5 + such extension visas. Not sure should I mention it at all or not.
No
1) because I read somewhere that time duration also matters like more than 6 months on a single visa so I never got a more than 2 months on any single visa.
2) There are so many visas, it would be super difficult to explain

Yes
The only thing that comes to mind is because I stayed there for a year and worked! So technically I should

Note
I am ready to submit my application for the last 15 days just becuase of this confusion, I am not submitting:(:(:(:(. Fear of misrepresentation...
You situation is one of a kind, I m sorry I cant help you here, but I strongly suggest you seek an immigration consultancy / lawyer advise

Mido1978

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Hello guys, I think I made a mistake with my application. For my eligibility period, I work with the same employer for those 5 years but the problem is: 1 whole year of of those 5 years I was on Mat leave, but I forgot to put it in my application. What should I do?
I think Mat leave is still counted as employed on your position. However, once you get the AOR and the application is in process, I suggest you send a correction through webform advising the employment status. Hopefully, someone else will have other thoughts

Mido1978

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Finally, send in my application for citizenship on the 13th February 2019.

Total Physical Presence - 1,975
App type: Single
App sent: 13.02.2019
App delivered: 18/2/2019
AOR: Pending

Add me and paste the link to the Feb 2019 excel document. Thank you!
Updated

Mido1978

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Dear Senior
As I have already submitted in November 2018 applications forum that I have submitted my application on 7th Feb 2019 and now I have to go to back home for few months from March 2019 to attend many social functions in our joint family. As my wife expired in 1992 and being a single father I have to attend all social and family functions of my three daughters back home besides to attend family functions of my 4 brothers/sister.
I had requested Mr. Sadeed and now request to you all seniors that the method of applying for urgent processing may kindly be advised. Being 74 years old and the eldest in the joint family I have social bourdon on me.
Kindly advise if any of you have ever got urgent processing or knows the method of urgent proceessing.
Regards
I think urgent processing requirements are well stipulated on the CIC website, so I would consult these conditions and see if they fits your circumstances

Mido1978

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Hi everyone,

We are completing our citizenship application forms and have a question regrding tax return for 2018.
We haven't filed it yet, but have tax return records for previous 5 years (2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 and 2013).
Sould we just skip 2018 in the form? Or list it and say that it is required to be filed, but is NOT filed?

Another question, is it required to include a cover letter with citizenship application?

Thank you very much!
you need to cover tax filing for 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. you only need 3 years so. if 2018 not filed yet, then need answer need to file Y and filed N. as for the cover letters are not required, but me personally I have used one very short summarizing the list of applications enclosed

Reactions: Olkina

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
I think Mat leave is still counted as employed on your position. However, once you get the AOR and the application is in process, I suggest you send a correction through webform advising the employment status. Hopefully, someone else will have other thoughts

Thanks Mido1978, will definitely fo that.

jay19

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
Montreal, QC - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-09-2014
File Transfer...
10-09-2014
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2015
LANDED..........
03/04/2015
Hello,
Could you please add my information:

Total Physical Presence - 1,319
App type: Family (2)
App sent: 7th Feb 2019
App delivered: 8th Feb 2019
AOR: Pending

truthprev

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
You situation is one of a kind, I m sorry I cant help you here, but I strongly suggest you seek an immigration consultancy / lawyer advise
Thank you Mido. I got a reply in a different froum which said like do mention all the visas using an annexure. I have prepared the annexure and listed all the entry, exit, extension with different subjects like mission, business etc.. I have 20+ entries in the Annexure. So, I am hoping and assuming that they might consider it as overexplanation and ignore it or if they have to consider then consider it. I mean at least this way it won't be misrepresentation. Yes, I can like check with an immigration lawyer too. Thank you..

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto
Hey guys,
Did you send your application by regular mail or by courier?
Just wondering if you sent it by regular mail how do you know that they received it?