+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

cityfocus

Nov 16, 2019
My AOR is Feb 4th. That's 324 days waiting. I called last week and actually talked to someone who said he'll send a reminder along for my application (security and criminality still in process, eligibility recommended pass). He said as of now I didn't have to redo my medical unless I received a request online.

I just received this notice in my account, titled "Information Letter"

"This is in reference to your request for a status update on the processing of your application for permanent residence. Your file is currently in queue for review, however due to increased workloads the assessment period for your application will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards, IRCC Edmonton"

Does anyone have any information about this notice? Is it common? How long do you think I'll have to wait?

DDhillon

Jul 9, 2019
My AOR is Feb 4th. That's 324 days waiting. I called last week and actually talked to someone who said he'll send a reminder along for my application (security and criminality still in process, eligibility recommended pass). He said as of now I didn't have to redo my medical unless I received a request online.

I just received this notice in my account, titled "Information Letter"

"This is in reference to your request for a status update on the processing of your application for permanent residence. Your file is currently in queue for review, however due to increased workloads the assessment period for your application will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards, IRCC Edmonton"

Does anyone have any information about this notice? Is it common? How long do you think I'll have to wait?
Every case is different but I assure you that there are many others who are going through the same. My aor is 7 and I have prepared myself to wait till feb or march. I have seen people getting ppr after 13 months of their Aor. Everything will end well for all of us who are waiting. There is nothing much we can do. Keep yourself calm and hopeful. I hope this is helpful.

Dec 25, 2019
Hi All,

I've been a silent spectator on the forum for a few months. Yesterday i got an email asking for Passport finally.

Wanted to share my journey.
AOR - June 11, 2019
VO - Sydney, Nova Scotia

I ordered GCMS 2 months ago, still haven't heard back (lol). Even web form on CIC website gave a very generic reply about the status.
Three days ago web form reply said my Security hadn't even started!

So in my opinion, it is pointless to ask these guys for updates because after spending lot of time on the call centre number or requesting for one gcms and webform each in these 7 months, I realized CIC has slowed down processing immensely compared to 1 year ago.
Making multiple gcms/web form requests only serves to further clog up their employees' bandwidth, while offering no useful updates to the applicant.

But anyway, two days ago I got my second ghost update, so I was hopeful.

I see lot of guys on this forum from Feb AOR.

A few points which I feel could have helped process my application faster (I'm currently working in the US, Indian passport holder):
i) All my work-ex letters had almost the exact same title and 80% same job responsibilities listed (about 3-4 bullet points).
ii) My score was 481. I'm not sure if that helps expedite processing.
iii) Many of my friends submit funds balance proof with current balance more than $12k, but 6 month average is less than that. I waited till 6 month average balance was comfortably more than $12k CAD.

Also, I would check this forum only on weekends. Because (no offense), there is so much negativity and some people make it sound like their whole life revolves around getting this PR. All i can say is many times in life you get what you want only when you stop running after it...

I hope you all get what you want and our paths cross again soon. Good luck!

Regards,
Patient_Warrior

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hi All,

I've been a silent spectator on the forum for a few months. Yesterday i got an email asking for Passport finally.

Wanted to share my journey.
AOR - June 11, 2019
VO - Sydney, Nova Scotia

I ordered GCMS 2 months ago, still haven't heard back (lol). Even web form on CIC website gave a very generic reply about the status.
Three days ago web form reply said my Security hadn't even started!

So in my opinion, it is pointless to ask these guys for updates because after spending lot of time on the call centre number or requesting for one gcms and webform each in these 7 months, I realized CIC has slowed down processing immensely compared to 1 year ago.
Making multiple gcms/web form requests only serves to further clog up their employees' bandwidth, while offering no useful updates to the applicant.

But anyway, two days ago I got my second ghost update, so I was hopeful.

I see lot of guys on this forum from Feb AOR.

A few points which I feel could have helped process my application faster (I'm currently working in the US, Indian passport holder):
i) All my work-ex letters had almost the exact same title and 80% same job responsibilities listed (about 3-4 bullet points).
ii) My score was 481. I'm not sure if that helps expedite processing.
iii) Many of my friends submit funds balance proof with current balance more than $12k, but 6 month average is less than that. I waited till 6 month average balance was comfortably more than $12k CAD.

Also, I would check this forum only on weekends. Because (no offense), there is so much negativity and some people make it sound like their whole life revolves around getting this PR. All i can say is many times in life you get what you want only when you stop running after it...

I hope you all get what you want and our paths cross again soon. Good luck!

Regards,
Patient_Warrior
sydney is so unfair. I am May AOR and my eligibility is recommended pass. They didn’t touch my file at all since July and no idea why they worked on June and July applicants but not feb to May

security not start so it’s not security screening
Eligibility is recommended pass so it’s not rr

what happen to IRCC, what happen to their procedure?

Reactions: DDhillon

SafiKhan900

Aug 8, 2019
Guys! I just got a re-medical request along with height and eye colour and passport bio data page.

Does this confirm eventual PR?? And how bad is the worst case waiting period after re-medical? I don't wanna get my hopes up.

Please let me know.
I'm just worried that the request came exactly after a year of my medicals. Sip what if it's just an automated request and not a sign of progress. I really don't want to get excited. But I'm getting excited

DDhillon

Jul 9, 2019
Of
I'm just worried that the request came exactly after a year of my medicals. Sip what if it's just an automated request and not a sign of progress. I really don't want to get excited. But I'm getting excited
Not everybody is getting this request after one year of medical exm date. It cannot be automated. My opinion.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

lovecanada001

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
My timeline
AOR : 25th February 2019
Medical Passed: 11 April 2019
Ordered GCMS Note on 25th August 2019 and received on 26th September 2019 and found out an immigration officer deducting 50 point from my express entry eligibility and refer my file to another officer MI3 for review (review required).
Sent additional documents to the IRCC through the web form on 5th October 2019 and IRCC received on 10th October 2019.
Background Check: 4th November 2019

First Ghost Update on 29 November 2019.
Second Ghost Update on 30 November 2019
Confirmation of Permanent Residency Interview Letter on 10 December 2019
Permanent Residency Interview at Vancouver Local IRCC office on 23 December 2019.
Finally, I got my residency on 23 December 2019

Brancov

Sep 24, 2019
My timeline
AOR : 25th February 2019
Medical Passed: 11 April 2019
Ordered GCMS Note on 25th August 2019 and received on 26th September 2019 and found out an immigration officer deducting 50 point from my express entry eligibility and refer my file to another officer MI3 for review (review required).
Sent additional documents to the IRCC through the web form on 5th October 2019 and IRCC received on 10th October 2019.
Background Check: 4th November 2019

First Ghost Update on 29 November 2019.
Second Ghost Update on 30 November 2019
Confirmation of Permanent Residency Interview Letter on 10 December 2019
Permanent Residency Interview at Vancouver Local IRCC office on 23 December 2019.
Finally, I got my residency on 23 December 2019
Were you living in Vancouver before you got the permanent residence?

Waheguruji06

Nov 14, 2019
Chicago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
Guys my time line is as below:
AOR: 22nd Feb
Medical passed: 10th April
Biometrics: 25 April
Complete silence until now, Called CIC agent few times and confirmed that Background and Security is passed, Eligibility met, medicals extended until next year. but No ghost update??
anybody in same situation?
GCMS notes applied waiting for them to receive

khan8862

Nov 26, 2019
Guys my time line is as below:
AOR: 22nd Feb
Medical passed: 10th April
Biometrics: 25 April
Complete silence until now, Called CIC agent few times and confirmed that Background and Security is passed, Eligibility met, medicals extended until next year. but No ghost update??
anybody in same situation?
GCMS notes applied waiting for them to receive
Almost same situation here, but I am not sure whether they extended my medical. I have called IRCC and they said that everything is passed and we are waiting on the decision. As my workpermit is expiring in Feb so the agent told me to call back around mid January if you dont get ppr and we will send a note to the officer to check my file as all the steps are cleared and there is no decision.

Waheguruji06

Nov 14, 2019
Chicago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
Almost same situation here, but I am not sure whether they extended my medical. I have called IRCC and they said that everything is passed and we are waiting on the decision. As my workpermit is expiring in Feb so the agent told me to call back around mid January if you dont get ppr and we will send a note to the officer to check my file as all the steps are cleared and there is no decision.
Yeah, it’s tiring situation. I am gonna call CIC on Monday to sew if there is any update.

Reactions: khan8862

rugbani

Oct 14, 2017
Hi all,
today I received a replay to my webform, it mentioned that my eligibility is valid
does that mean eligibility is met or it is passed??????

Jansell

Nov 23, 2019
For how long have you been "all clear" and simply waiting for a final decision?