Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Hi,

I've submitted for express entry FSW-O from India back in Feb 07, 2019. Just a brief timeline below to help understand our case.

• 22 March, 2019 : Medical Cleared
  • 23 March, 2019: Received an ADR request for form IMM 5669E for my wife, which we promptly filled and submitted in 3 days (26 March)
  • 26 April, 2019: Biometrics Completed
  • 26 July 2019: Via Ralph Goodale, and via CIC hotline: Eligibility "Recommend Pass", Criminality Pass, Background yet to be started.
  • 10 Sep, 2019: Webform received generic response from CPC-Ottawa saying file is currently in queue for review by officer.
  • 17 Sep, 2019: Filed for GCMS (received note on 12 October saying it's delayed by 90 days)
  • 25 Oct, 2019: Filed a new query for webform seeking update
  • 30 Oct, 2019: Received ADR Request for IMM5669E for both myself and my wife.
I don't understand why after all this time they require the form again?
Have we made any mistakes in the application, especially in regards to these confusing "Do not leave any gaps" section? The ADR request form doesn't say anything specific. It just says

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:
" A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Please note that you must provide details since the age of 18 or the past 10 years. Be sure to not leave any gaps."​

The fact they wrote, "We have begun processing your application" is also scary.

I wonder if they are doing this just to harass us because we filed a webform requesting an update.
In any case, I know it needs to be filled, but I am just getting paranoid.

Can someone also check my work history and travel history, and guide me if I have left any gaps?
I still don't quite understand the gap process

For instance,
  • 2011-07 to 2012-06 - Education Activity (Masters Degree)
  • 2012-07 to 2014-01 - Employment

Is that fine or do I have to add a column to show a 'gap' between June and July,
  • 2012-06 to 2012-07 - Unemployed

I'd finish my masters by the end of June and by the first week of July I had a job...so I really don't quite get it.
My travel history is worse as I kept flying back home during semester vacations for a period of 10 days, and I've no idea if I've properly written my travel history. The dates are accurate, but again unsure if I've to write it like
  • 2008-04-04 to 2008-08-28 Singapore
  • 2008-08-28 to 2008-08-31 Mumbai
  • 2008-08-31 to 2008-09-24 Singapore and so on.

Any help appreciated.

Work History Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0tgk24z4irwb6qt/Screenshot 2019-10-31 03.14.30.png?dl=0

Travel History Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mcejfxv4wchdj6/Screenshot 2019-10-31 03.15.13.png?dl=0
just had a look at the work history link, here are my comments
1. its neither in chronological or reverse chronological order. I would suggest making it in reverse chronological order , i.e. start with 2017-07 in the first column and go to previous activities.
2. there is an overlap on line 6 and 7, you have mentioned 2015-04 to 2016-05 as employment on the next line 2016-04 to 2016-06 as another employment

please try to make it organised and easy to understand.

Now, to answer this
For instance,

Is that fine or do I have to add a column to show a 'gap' between June and July,
adding a column to show the gap will make things easier at both ends. its better if you do it while filling the form this time

Hope it helps

Reactions: ranjitrajkumar

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Hi,

I've submitted for express entry FSW-O from India back in Feb 07, 2019. Just a brief timeline below to help understand our case.

• 22 March, 2019 : Medical Cleared
  • 23 March, 2019: Received an ADR request for form IMM 5669E for my wife, which we promptly filled and submitted in 3 days (26 March)
  • 26 April, 2019: Biometrics Completed
  • 26 July 2019: Via Ralph Goodale, and via CIC hotline: Eligibility "Recommend Pass", Criminality Pass, Background yet to be started.
  • 10 Sep, 2019: Webform received generic response from CPC-Ottawa saying file is currently in queue for review by officer.
  • 17 Sep, 2019: Filed for GCMS (received note on 12 October saying it's delayed by 90 days)
  • 25 Oct, 2019: Filed a new query for webform seeking update
  • 30 Oct, 2019: Received ADR Request for IMM5669E for both myself and my wife.
I don't understand why after all this time they require the form again?
Have we made any mistakes in the application, especially in regards to these confusing "Do not leave any gaps" section? The ADR request form doesn't say anything specific. It just says

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:
" A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Please note that you must provide details since the age of 18 or the past 10 years. Be sure to not leave any gaps."​

The fact they wrote, "We have begun processing your application" is also scary.

I wonder if they are doing this just to harass us because we filed a webform requesting an update.
In any case, I know it needs to be filled, but I am just getting paranoid.

Can someone also check my work history and travel history, and guide me if I have left any gaps?
I still don't quite understand the gap process

For instance,

I'd finish my masters by the end of June and by the first week of July I had a job...so I really don't quite get it.
My travel history is worse as I kept flying back home during semester vacations for a period of 10 days, and I've no idea if I've properly written my travel history. The dates are accurate, but again unsure if I've to write it like
  • 2008-04-04 to 2008-08-28 Singapore
  • 2008-08-28 to 2008-08-31 Mumbai
  • 2008-08-31 to 2008-09-24 Singapore and so on.

Any help appreciated.

Work History Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0tgk24z4irwb6qt/Screenshot 2019-10-31 03.14.30.png?dl=0

Travel History Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mcejfxv4wchdj6/Screenshot 2019-10-31 03.15.13.png?dl=0
Finally, there is no need to mention all those travels between India and Singapore. It is mentioned on the CIC website and other threads too, that travels between home country and country of residence need not be mentioned. I didn't do it however, there is no harm in mentioning it. But the Bangkok trips must be mentioned. I see no issues with the travel history. If possible reverse the order. that's all.

No need to panic, just calm yourself and do your best. Do your best to make sure there are no gaps at all and no overlaps. everything will be fine

Good Luck

tallguywithbeard

Dec 12, 2018
Hello @RBV2909
Thank you so much for taking time to answer. You have helped make things quite clear. I just have some follow-up questions.

1. its neither in chronological or reverse chronological order. I would suggest making it in reverse chronological order , i.e. start with 2017-07 in the first column and go to previous activities.
Yes, I tried to make it in chronological order when I had first filled the application online and had later realized I should fill in the gap from 2008-01 to 2008-03, there wasn't a way for me to erase and start over so I had let the order be as it is. I'll ensure to go in reverse chronological order in this IMM5669e form.

there is an overlap on line 6 and 7, you have mentioned 2015-04 to 2016-05 as employment on the next line 2016-04 to 2016-06 as another employment
I have a problem here.
  • 2015-04 to 2016-05 Employment - Self-employed business
  • 2016-04 to 2016-06 Employment - Visiting Lecturer at an Institution.
I understand there is an overlap, but I was actually working at two places. My own business from Mon-Fri, and the visiting faculty position on Saturdays.
The visiting lecturer position was considered part-time and since it was only 8 hours a week, it didn't fit the criteria to gain additional CRS points, but since I've to be completely transparent, I've written it down.
How do I fix this?

travels between home country and country of residence need not be mentioned. I didn't do it however, there is no harm in mentioning it. But the Bangkok trips must be mentioned. I see no issues with the travel history.
That's actually a relief. And also I checked the form IMM5669e doesn't have a separate column for travel history like there was when first filling the application online, so that also adds to a lot of relief.
I also noticed the instruction: Under "activity" write your occupation. If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing (unemployed, studying, travelling). If you were outside your country or territory of nationality, indicate your status in that country.

So in that instance, where I had gone to bangkok (7 day vacation), i was still self-employed, thus I don't need to mention the travel right?
As it would show a gap in employment when there was none? Those travel dates are still in the EE application separately filed under travel history.

I hope I'm getting thi right

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
TextNow works fine, I am based in India and I have not faced any issues using the app.
Ensure that you set up the app to use a free Canadian number that is available to you during the setup. Choose an area code for the province that you plan to settle down in.
Here, Please review my post
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/step-by-step-instructions-to-connect-with-cic-agent-from-out-side-canada-update-oct-2019.658461/#post-8226458

Oct 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-02-2019
Passport Req..
09-12-2019
Guys, I am losing it at this point. This is starting to feel like a slow death now. It is about to be 9 months soon and no update, no news, nothing from IRCC since April, and now they don't even want to provide us with the GCMS notes. I have no idea how the department can be so incompetent. I was so excited when I applied and never had a clue that it will turn into this super agonizing situation. Cannot make any kind of future plans and it is so embarrassing when someone asks if I got my PR and have to reply with "no, still waiting". I just hope that in the end the wait is worth it for everyone.

Sorry for the rant and thank you for reading, just had to get it out. Happy Halloween to everyone and hope the ghost gives us all a visit.

SKSV

Apr 8, 2019
Guys, I am losing it at this point. This is starting to feel like a slow death now. It is about to be 9 months soon and no update, no news, nothing from IRCC since April, and now they don't even want to provide us with the GCMS notes. I have no idea how the department can be so incompetent. I was so excited when I applied and never had a clue that it will turn into this super agonizing situation. Cannot make any kind of future plans and it is so embarrassing when someone asks if I got my PR and have to reply with "no, still waiting". I just hope that in the end the wait is worth it for everyone.

Sorry for the rant and thank you for reading, just had to get it out. Happy Halloween to everyone and hope the ghost gives us all a visit.
Dude, CIO Sydney test us all....:(:(:(

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020

Rant on man.. we feel your pain (and ours as well)!

Happy halloween to you too!

Boo.

Reactions: canadian_whisky

ranjitrajkumar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018

It's CIO Sydney for the win! just remember that you are not alone. 2 weeks more and my application turns 9 months too. been through it all, happiness and joy when I got the ITA and applied. Little did I know the depths of despair that, that joy could fall to. there are were days that I willed some change to happen, and checked the CIC page, my email, and my profile (looking for the ghost) countless times a day.
One fine day, I just got my shit together and decided that the ppr will come when it comes. Till then lead as normal a life as possible. work, play and have fun.
We told only a few people about the application, but the one I am most apprehensive about is my employer. I feel like I'm living on the edge, and if there is ever a "workforce reduction", I think I will be in the line of fire.

Que sera sera, whatever will be, will be...

hang in there, and stay strong.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018

I can feel your pain. There are days when I am hopeful and faithful. They are days when I am down and desperate. It is like the waiting time never ends. Sometimes I am like when will I be able to write.“Finally it is PPR”? You heard someone said « it is only a matter of time when the officer picks up your file » but then one day the officer picks up your file, you pass all the assessments but no PPR.

Last edited:

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
but then one day the officer picks up your file, you passed all the assessments but no PPR.
Are you at that stage too? What's your VO?

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Are you at that stage too? What's your VO?
Montréal. Yes I am still at this stage. I don’t know if it is the new trend. Even today I called IRCC. They keep saying all assessments passed but the officer has not made a decision yet. I don’t know what the officer in charge of my file is waiting for.

Reactions: PrasadK

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Montréal. Yes I am still at this stage. I don’t know if it is the new trend. Even today I called IRCC. They keep saying all assessments passed but the officer has not made a decision yet. I don’t know what the officer in charge of my file is waiting for.
Ah so it's not just Sydney VO then. And same here! Called today as well and got the same response: 'expect PPR in the coming WEEKS' apparently. They really love to drag every single step of the process, don't they? Absolutely no point keeping us waiting when we've already passed every assessment in their own system..

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Ah so it's not just Sydney VO then. And same here! Called today as well and got the same response: 'expect PPR in the coming WEEKS' apparently. They really love to drag every single step of the process, don't they? Absolutely no point keeping us waiting when we've already passed every assessment in their own system..
Yes it seems to be the new trend these days.

Reactions: PrasadK

Andrew30

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Good luck to everyone on this forum. Some days are full of hope while others are gloomy and sad... but in the end - it will happen!!! Here is my timeline if it may help:
AOR Feb 15
MEDS + BIO Apr 8
Ghost Update: July 30
"IP1" Your BG is in progress
ADR Schedule A + Schedule 4: Sep 16
Additional docs N/A: Sep 18
Ghost Update: Oct 24
"IP2" We are processing
PPR: Oct 30
COPR:.....
Congrats

Reactions: lina_ballerina