+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Hayahay

Mar 18, 2019
Hi guys

I just need a clarification..my spouse and i just had our pr status last month and we are currently in canada working and residing, my two kids are still in other country and we plan to get them next month..does the cic will send us an email regarding the passport request of them and how long.

Need your answer with this problem thanks..

joshi_c

Aug 20, 2019
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-05-2019
Just a question, how many of you guys are completing 6 months over the weekend?
Its really bad when you know that last 2 days are weekends where IRCC doesn't work and there are not gonna be any updates!:rolleyes::p
Did you get approval by now?
I still haven't. My 6 months got completed with yours.

Nixxi.010

Jul 5, 2019
AOR 28th Feb
6 months will be 28th Aug

Just called and was told that eligibility and security is yet to be started and it’s going to be a further 2.5 months until I get a final decision and PPR.

Seems they have some delays so as a rule of thumb I’d recommend adding 2.5 months on the end of your 6 months and set your expectations to that.

PPR is coming for us all, we’re just in a backlog.
I have hope!

joshi_c

Aug 20, 2019
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-05-2019
AOR 28th Feb

Just called and was told that eligibility and security is yet to be started and it’s going to be a further 2.5 months until I get a final decision and PPR.

Seems they have some delays so as a rule of thumb I’d recommend adding 2.5 months on the end of your 6 months and set your expectations to that.

I have hope!
Where are you calling them? on 613 944 4000 number? I'm not able to connect. suggestion?

Nixxi.010

Jul 5, 2019
Where are you calling them? on 613 944 4000 number? I'm not able to connect. suggestion?
Yep, that’s the one I used. They have changed the intro all you have to do is select what’s relevant and stay on the line even when the automated message says it’s going to end the call.... it doesn’t it just transfers you to IRCC

Reactions: joshi_c

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Maybe they think you are too clean and therefore must be a spy. So you are under SS. Hehehe. You never know. (Maybe you are a spy, come to think of it :))

Anyway, good luck
Oh. Is this what you are gonna say to people who are in SS !? hehehe

Spy ?? What if we are not. Are you gonna take the responsibility for what you are saying ??? hehehe

What are you gonna say to yourself if you and your spouse are in SS ??? hehehehehe

Yes, just like you said, you never know ! hehehehe

Good luck to you 2 ! ;)

Last edited:

ankar

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
AOR 28th Feb

I have hope!
My AOR is Feb 26 and in the same boat as you. The agent did not tell me about 2.5 months. It's heartbreaking, 2.5 months more!

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
I probably won't get a response but after my ghost update I've emailled Ralph a second time to see if any movement. I know eligibility and security are already passed. Just waiting on criminality. I'm hoping that's what the ghost update was.

Has anyone had a second response from Ralph's office?

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

joshi_c

Aug 20, 2019
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-05-2019
I probably won't get a response but after my ghost update I've emailled Ralph a second time to see if any movement. I know eligibility and security are already passed. Just waiting on criminality. I'm hoping that's what the ghost update was.

Has anyone had a second response from Ralph's office?
Can you shed some light on who's Ralph & his email or direct me where I can read about it? I am new here so pardon me if its like a basic question.
Lot of people talk about reaching him but I couldn't find much info around him - probably I'm not looking at right places.

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Can you shed some light on who's Ralph & his email or direct me where I can read about it? I am new here so pardon me if its like a basic question.
Lot of people talk about reaching him but I couldn't find much info around him - probably I'm not looking at right places.
Hi

See page 237 of this thread for details and a draft email. Ralph is an MP and for some reason his office responds to update requests provided you give them the necessary information.

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
OK, I received a response from Ralph...and learned some things.

1. They keep tabs on who requests information (they just pasted their response from a few weeks ago).

2. They told me I could request an update in November...so you can request an update after 3 months from your previous request.

Shame they wouldn't check my file again, but can't really complain.

ankar

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
OK, I received a response from Ralph...and learned some things.

1. They keep tabs on who requests information (they just pasted their response from a few weeks ago).

2. They told me I could request an update in November...so you can request an update after 3 months from your previous request.

Shame they wouldn't check my file again, but can't really complain.
Interesting. What was your AOR and VO? What is your status thus far?

Jadedrio

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
The way I see it is if you have asked for an update just try to forget it for about a month. Also tell all friends and family members not to expect any updates for the next 3 months or more. That way if it comes earlier they will be surpised and they won't keep asking you questions and making you more anxious.
Personally I told very few very close friends and family for this exact reason.
Guys just get busy and live your lives and don't let the whole pr thing get you down.i know it's not easy. I'm passed by 6 months but that's life