+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Sara291981

Apr 28, 2019
there are a few lucky ones............. Most of them are CEC Inland applicants and couple of them were Outland also.
Join one of Feb AOR whatsapp or Telegram group and you will get daily updates from applicants (However you need to bear few extra curricular discussions also. :)
I also want to join whatapp and telegramp group, can you please let me know how can i join that ?

PNP@EE

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
22/12/2018
AOR Received.
21/02/2019
Med's Request
22/04/2019 BIL done
Med's Done....
16/04/2019 passed
@legalfalcon
I am inland pnp ee applicant, my spouse and daughter in my application. Feb 21 aor,

can I apply for open work permit for my wife while pr in progress and my daughter is eligible for visit

Pls suggetions

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Today my PR Application turned 3 (months) old!

I'm 80% sure that I'm at least 50% there - or so I tell myself while I secretly dread I'll be in the 20% of applications that take more than 6 months!

To all my fellow February 2019 AoR receivers - our time will come, but in the meantime I'm certainly glad for the virtual company.

ranjitrajkumar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Today my PR Application turned 3 (months) old!

I'm 80% sure that I'm at least 50% there - or so I tell myself while I secretly dread I'll be in the 20% of applications that take more than 6 months!

To all my fellow February 2019 AoR receivers - our time will come, but in the meantime, I'm certainly glad for the virtual company.
Hahaha, well said. We are all in the same boat, and sincerely thank you all for the support and information.
Cheers.

Reactions: RDong

ranjitrajkumar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Have a look at the information available here for a better understanding of the status: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019.612656/#post-7602441

IRCC has introduced a number of changes in recent months and it is time to update our understanding of the post-AOR stages. I am simply building on the amazing work of @northern sunshine in developing an explanation of the various stages we can use - informally - to track the progress of our application. Huge thanks in particular to @USProgrammer who has posited the underlying trends and found evidence for them. In short, the traditional transition from IP1 to IP2 to ghost update to PPR still holds but in a modified way due to these changes.

From 31 Dec 2018, everyone except for Inland candidates has to provide their biometrics which means the default starting stage applicants will see for their Background Check is ‘IP2’ (“We are processing your background check…”), however, this is a ‘False IP2’, meaning an IP2 that has appeared before it is actually due as the application has not in fact progressed to the IP2 stage yet.

If you have an AOR of 31 Dec 2018 or later, follow the chart below to track your progress. Candidates will remain in a state of 'False IP2'throughout their application and only see a series of 'ghost updates' following their MEP; the first such ghost update (which should follow shortly after MEP) will signify your Real IP1, the second ghost update will signify your Real IP2, and the third will be your ‘Final’ Ghost Update, following which you are likely to receive your PPR.

If you have an AOR date of up to 30 Dec 2018
, the chart also applies to you if you meet one or more of these conditions: you are a CEC or PNP-Inland candidate, you were required to provide your biometrics or you did not pay your RPRF upfront.

Note for FSW-Outland candidates who have an AOR date of up to 30 Dec 2018: If you did not need to provide biometrics and paid your RPRF upfront, the old transition from NA1 all the way to a Final Ghost Update will still apply to you. Your Background Check should have started in NA1 ("Not Applicable" 1), meaning your Background Check status said "Not Applicable" right after you submitted your application.

General:
EE
- Express Entry: Canada's score-based program for economic immigrants
CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System: System for ranking candidates for EE
ITA - Invitation to Apply: an invitation to apply for permanent residence
e-APR - electronic Application for Permanent Residence: the online application for PR after receiving an ITA
RPRF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee: a fee collected as part of your PR application
AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt (of application): email confirming receipt of your application after you submit and pay your fees
ADR - Additional Document Request: IRCC sends a message asking you to provide a specific document to supplement your application.

Post-submission stages:
False IP2
- Usually right from AOR or just after MEP. Background Check shows "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.”
MEP - Medicals passed: review of medical results changes from "You do not need a medical exam." to "You have passed the medical exam." There is no email for MEP.
Ghost Update - When you log in, the application says it's been "updated" but none of the fields have changed. Once you logout and log back in, the application returns to being "submitted". Ghost updates are not announced by email and a candidate must check their profile daily to not miss them.
Ghost Update #1 or Real IP1 - "In progress" 1: Background Check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially Inland and CEC) skip this stage. You should receive an email for your Real IP1 - the email will not provide any details, just that your application has been updated.
NA2 - "Not Applicable" 2: Background Check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP1. Some applicants skip this stage and it is easily missed. No email.
Ghost Update #2 or Real IP2 - "In progress" 2: Background Check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." No email.
NA3 - "Not Applicable" 3: Background Check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP2 (uncommon).
Ghost Update #3 or Final Ghost Update - Often considered a sign that PPR is coming soon. Not seen by all applicants.
PPR - Passport request: IRCC sends "Ready for visa" e-mail asking you to submit your documents to your visa office so they can issue your CoPR and entry visa if applicable. A PPR is announced only by email, and there may be no changes made directly to the profile. If you are worried you might miss it, you can whitelist the email domain @cic.gc.ca to ensure the email comes straight to your inbox.
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence: A document that says you've been approved for permanent residence.

Other notes:
1. The ‘eligibility’ and ‘final decision’ fields in your profile will not change to passed until after you receive your CoPR. This is an example of what a profile may look like following a CoPR.
2. Remember that these are not "official" stages, but they are used frequently throughout the forum to track the processing of applications.

This is a combined effort of @northern sunshine, @USProgrammer and myself. Please share your feedback - it is likely we have missed a few things!

a big thanks to @derkdsou, @northern sunshine, and @USProgrammer for compiling all this info.

NOTE

Keep in mind that these are NOT a part of the CIC terminology and that every case is unique just like you.
Do not feel disheartened if your case is progress is not at the same pace as another person even though you may have the same AOR, MEP, and BIL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matanmi

avarics

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Yes I received PPR on 16th April, AOR Date 06th February, 2019. I submitted my passport on 18th April and it got delivered to IRCC New Delhi office on 23rd April, 2019. I am waiting for my CoPR since then.
What?? Dude you should have submitted it in VFS and should have opted for VIP service, you would have gotten stamped passport within 3 days.

Now you waiting time is minimum 15 working days

Feb 20, 2019
Hello guys! Naveen here applying for PR via EE.

ITA - 19 dec 2018
Medicals - 17th Jan 2019
E-AOR - 13 Feb 2019
Country of residence: India

New here! What are the next steps to be expected? Even though the CIC website is concise , would really appreciate if somebody can give a quick rundown of things to be expected next - medicals, biometrics, etc. Thank you!
Hello guys, received a passport request email. But no update online, as in medicals passed and mostly everything is under process. little confused.

Reactions: JoyForPR