>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

alessainebuckley

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-06-2020
Hi guys, an update... received BIL 2 days ago but MEP still not passed. Most people receive both within the same time... is it possible to request biometrics before MEP and should I be concerned? Medical still reads as "you do not need..."
Hi, I am in a similar situation this year. Got BIL but not MEP. How did this work out for you?

lina_ballerina

May 17, 2018
Hi, I am in a similar situation this year. Got BIL but not MEP. How did this work out for you?
It passed the same day I did my Bios. There is no rhyme or reason why there is a delay but presumably all is well if the BIL came though. My only advice is never compare your timeline to others, I know human nature looks for explanations in everything but... it will happen for you eventually. Good luck.

Reactions: alessainebuckley

Jess mathew

Oct 4, 2020
Is there anyone who did BDS from India and is trying for PR or got PR . Who counted their compulsory internship as work experience, can u explain the possibilities and procedure to count compulsory internship.

karmadus

Dec 28, 2018
Nigeria
NOC Code......
0122 & 1212 & 1434 & 6551
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
IELTS Request
22-11-2018
Is there anyone who did BDS from India and is trying for PR or got PR . Who counted their compulsory internship as work experience, can u explain the possibilities and procedure to count compulsory internship.
Paid internship can be used as work experience, provided it's up to a year minimum and the roles in the chosen NOC were performed.

See the excerpt and link below from IRCC

Skilled work experience
Skilled work experience means that you’ve worked in 1 of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups:

• Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
  • Professional jobs (skill level A)
  • Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)
You must show that while working in your primary occupation, you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

Your skilled work experience must be

• in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or this means you must unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at least 1 year of continuous workor 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
    • Full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • Equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • Full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Part-time work experience
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.

We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

Student work experience
Work experience gained while you were studying may count towards your minimum requirements if the work:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

Oct 21, 2020
Thank you all for your support and information provided with all of you.
Sorry for the late message, here is my timeline for all -

FSW - O Application (India)
Family of Dentists - Me (Primary) + wife

27th June 2018 - EE Profile Created
29th December 2018 - IELTS overall band 8 (cleared after 7 attempts)
7th January 2019 - Updated profile CRS 448 (Paid Internship from Dental College was counted as Work Experience)
23rd January 2019 - ITA
11th February 2019 - Submitted all Documents along with RPRF fees
29th March 2019 - Medicals Passed
2nd April 2019 - Biometrics Completed

Total Silence - Although I called many times, emailed Mr. Goodale's office and confirmed Criminality and Eligibility status, Security status - not known yet.

12th August 2019 - Entered Elite Club
29th August 2019 - Raised CSE Webform
12th September 2019 - 1st Ghost Update
13th September 2019 - 2nd Ghost Update
Friday the 13th September 2019 - Ready for Visa email from CPC Ottawa (PPR)
13th September 2019 - Submitted Passports to VFS through Doorstep Courier Service.

Hey there! Congratulations on receiving your PPR. I'm sure you must be on Canadian soil right by now, and I wish you all the best for your future.

My question to you is if the paid dental internship was actually instrumental in increasing your CRS score enough to afford you the ITA. If yes, then it was indeed considered, but if your internship didn't heighten your score, then it was possibly discounted, but you had been approved for the PPR anyway. This grey area really has me worried, as I'm an Indian dentist too who just received the ITA with 3 years of experience, of which one year is derived from the internship and my scores would plummet drastically should I exclude this year of work experience. Thank you so much in advance for your response. Others are invited to help as well.

Mr_Chang

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Has every 2019 Feb received ppr ?
I believe a good proportion has received their PPR. I personally know of two cases which went into security check and eventually both of them lost interest in moving to Canada, one of them actually moved to the UK.

Based on the low activity on this thread I'd say almost everyone would have probably received PPR or has moved on to other things in life. I hope anyone who's still waiting gets theirs soon.

Adesewab

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
I believe a good proportion has received their PPR. I personally know of two cases which went into security check and eventually both of them lost interest in moving to Canada, one of them actually moved to the UK.

Based on the low activity on this thread I'd say almost everyone would have probably received PPR or has moved on to other things in life. I hope anyone who's still waiting gets theirs soon.
I haven’t gotten mine since Feb 2019, I am so tired put I am still hopeful.

Manitoba2013

Dec 5, 2012
I haven't gotten mine too, Feb 2019 AOR
It is very sad to see some people stuck in the process for so long including my self.
I've tried to follow up using the web form, but the responses are very generic, and doesn't provide any specifics or estimated times.
is there any other way to follow up or escalate with CIC?