+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Amit22

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
That's really good news. I heard from some other applicants that sometime they will not share security status. There are GCMS notes thats left blank for security even after PPR. So it might be being processed internally at the VO and the agents won't know about it.
Most probably you will get it this week or early next week. Good luck :)
BTW, do you know when was your eligibility recommend pass? How long did it take to change from recommend pass to pass?
I had called yesterday and got to know - after waiting for 45 mins
Eligibility - Passed (not in progress Recommended Pass anymore - as per the call centre agent)
Security - still not initiated.
File last touched - 21st August 2019
The agent also said security checks may take 3 days up to a week and its just a matter of time now.

Hoping to hear something soon.
No ghost updates since Biometrics.
How long did it take to get the Eligibility Passed status from Eligibility in progress or eligibility recommend pass ??? A month or more than that ??

Amit22

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
I had called yesterday and got to know - after waiting for 45 mins
Eligibility - Passed (not in progress Recommended Pass anymore - as per the call centre agent)
Security - still not initiated.
File last touched - 21st August 2019
The agent also said security checks may take 3 days up to a week and its just a matter of time now.

Hoping to hear something soon.
No ghost updates since Biometrics.

You will definitely get PPR next or next to next week.

Amit22

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
@legalfalcon @adstarscream @munindra @PrasadK @RBV2909

What is the best time to call IRCC from India ? I tried couple of times but my call gets automatically disconnected after they say that we are experiencing high volume of calls n you can call later on.
I am calling on 0016139444000 using mobile phone and HANGOUTS, both.
Is there something specific you need to do get in queue or waiting????

Ololosh

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
The student visa theory cannot be real as August was okay in 2017/18.
This whole year is just one big disappointment. They need more staff.

Reactions: ankar

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

What is the best time to call IRCC from India ? I tried couple of times but my call gets automatically disconnected after they say that we are experiencing high volume of calls n you can call later on.
Try in the morning, Canada ET.

Most people get through at that time.

Reactions: Amit22

munindra

Jun 15, 2019

I have called only once so far! which was around 6 PM IST. I remember some one recommending me either to call between 5 PM - 7PM or 5 AM - 7 Am. see if it helps;) best of luck for your call

munindra

Jun 15, 2019
Folks - would anyone have sense on following queries:
Whether there is slowdown in hiring in Canada during winter months (Nov - March)?
If there are any challenges which are specific to winter months, which hurts the settlement process like difficulty in getting SIN, bank acc etc.
Whether it is possible to apply for jobs and get interviewed which will ensure some level of screening by the time you land in there?

We all may be staring at Winter migration:)
PS - above qs are in context for settling down in Vancouver, so please answer them from that stand point.

Last edited:

ankar

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Folks - would anyone have sense on following queries:
Whether there is slowdown in hiring in Canada during winter months (Nov - March)?
If there are any challenges which are specific to winter months, which hurts the settlement process like difficulty in getting SIN, bank acc etc.
Whether it is possible to apply for jobs and get interviewed which will ensure some level of screening by the time you land in there?

We all may be staring at Winter migration:)
lol. hopefully!

curious_furious

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-02-2019
Unable to login to my cic account , after putting my password and accepting terms and conditions, I am redirected to the login page. Is it faced by others too?? Any workaround for this problem???

Amit22

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Try in the morning, Canada ET.

Most people get through at that time.
I got lucky today. Called around 11:30 pm and the wait time was 31 mins. But nothing new got to know just that Info Sharing is complete. Criminality - passed, Eligibility- still recommended pass, security - not started.
My AOR is 16/02/2019.

DOES ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA - how long it usually takes to get Eligibility as Passed from Eligibility Recommended Pass ??
@legalfalcon @adstarscream732 @munindra @RBV2909 @PrasadK @curious_furious

Amit22

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Yes. It's annoying as hell! Clearing cookies works for me sometimes
It is frustrating as
It happened twice with me as well but just clear the cookies and if it still not works then I logged in again after 45-50 mins. Hope it helps.

Reactions: ankar

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
That's really good news. I heard from some other applicants that sometime they will not share security status. There are GCMS notes thats left blank for security even after PPR. So it might be being processed internally at the VO and the agents won't know about it.
Most probably you will get it this week or early next week. Good luck :)
BTW, do you know when was your eligibility recommend pass? How long did it take to change from recommend pass to pass?
How long did it take to get the Eligibility Passed status from Eligibility in progress or eligibility recommend pass ??? A month or more than that ??
Last time when I called just 2 days before the Elite Club joining, the agent told me that Eligibility was recommended pass and file was touched on 1st August. So I am guessing it takes a month or may be longer sometime.
Hope this helps.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Also what is frustrating is I haven't gotten my GCMS order from 6th July yet.. its been two months.
As per the GCMS authority the notes are delayed because the application is close to an approval and the application is prioritized over the notes.
I am hoping for the best.