+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

sankalp88

Jun 21, 2019
Hello All,

I have a question. Here's some context from my previous post. So I received this "information letter", where they asked me to submit the passport within 30 days, in order to issue a CoPR apparently. Sent passport with photos on 28 August.

30 August - Passport received by IRCC in Hamilton, Ontario. However, there has been no update on the portal :(. Is this normal? I do know that my shipment reached, because I can see that on my Fedex tracking info.

Does anyone know, what the average return time is? Will the portal update at all? Also, I noticed another funny thing. When I click on the "information letter" on the portal now, the page won't load at all :oops: - is that normal? I mean I did save a copy of the pdf, but that seems odd :confused:. The other messages open just fine.

-Sankalp

MEHUL KUMAR

Nov 9, 2017
Oh I agree IRCC does not owe us anything. Having lived in the UK, I'm fully aware of immigration struggles elsewhere. I have a valid US visa and last I check eligibility had not even started, so there is no trend here. I'm just expressing my grief here. Sharing seems to help me cope better ;)
UK immigration..... Tell me about that

I lived there for good 6 years.... It was actually frightening to open ukba website, as we never knew when would they change their laws...
Very complicated system.....

Canadian system is much more reliable.

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
My AOR 12 FEB and visa office Vancouver. Its been almost more than 6 months thats why really worried about it.
Vancouver office normally takes more than 6 months to process an application. So, there is nothing to alarmed about the time line.
The case analyst who checked your eligibility can not decide for sure whether you meet all the eligibility criteria's, so he wants the immigration officer to review it. It nothing to be worried about. It will be reviewed and most probably accepted once the immigration officer review's it.
Good luck

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Oh I agree IRCC does not owe us anything. Having lived in the UK, I'm fully aware of immigration struggles elsewhere. I have a valid US visa and last I check eligibility had not even started, so there is no trend here. I'm just expressing my grief here. Sharing seems to help me cope better ;)
I was in UK too and if it wasn't for some family issues I would still have been. if they open their doors at any point in my life time I will gladly go back too. I know people are scared of UKBA but i've never had any issues with their policy changes. ( I was furious with May when May was the home secretary and I was so happy to see her in tears when she resigned and her political career ended) Not just with them, I've never faces an issue or delay with any of my previous visa applications. This is the first time I am delayed. I already had no good impression about Canada. Compared to other places, it is one of the boring countries (in my opinion). Now I also got to know about the so called transparency of their government systems which they boat so much about. Turns out not every process is completely transparent.

Anyway, I suggest you try to find a trend based on NOC and the potential number of visa's per application, if you enjoy finding trends.

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Hello All,

I have a question. Here's some context from my previous post. So I received this "information letter", where they asked me to submit the passport within 30 days, in order to issue a CoPR apparently. Sent passport with photos on 28 August.

30 August - Passport received by IRCC in Hamilton, Ontario. However, there has been no update on the portal :(. Is this normal? I do know that my shipment reached, because I can see that on my Fedex tracking info.

Does anyone know, what the average return time is? Will the portal update at all? Also, I noticed another funny thing. When I click on the "information letter" on the portal now, the page won't load at all :oops: - is that normal? I mean I did save a copy of the pdf, but that seems odd :confused:. The other messages open just fine.

-Sankalp
The portal usually updates only after CoPr is issued. This is what i heard from other applicants.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
I had called yesterday and got to know - after waiting for 45 mins
Eligibility - Passed (not in progress Recommended Pass anymore - as per the call centre agent)
Security - still not initiated.
File last touched - 21st August 2019
The agent also said security checks may take 3 days up to a week and its just a matter of time now.

Hoping to hear something soon.
No ghost updates since Biometrics.

Last edited:

ankar

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Eligibility - Passed (not in progress anymore - as per the call centre agent)
The agent also said security checks may take 3 days up to a week and its just a matter of time now.

That’s good news. What’s your AOR and VO?

Reactions: adstarscream732

MediA

Feb 2, 2019
In the same boat ! my AOR is 06/Feb and i passed the 6 months, i think its the vocation period thats why its taking so much time for lot of people.

My VO - Ottawa.

CaCal

Jul 9, 2019
Eligibility - Passed (not in progress Recommended Pass anymore - as per the call centre agent)

Congratulations!! Hope you get PPR this week.

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019

That's really good news. I heard from some other applicants that sometime they will not share security status. There are GCMS notes thats left blank for security even after PPR. So it might be being processed internally at the VO and the agents won't know about it.
Most probably you will get it this week or early next week. Good luck :)
BTW, do you know when was your eligibility recommend pass? How long did it take to change from recommend pass to pass?

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
I have been reading this past a month. When does this apparent vacation period get over?
Chill bro, there is no vacation now. There was just one day off last month.
More reliable theories are the one about student visa and the election. Since it's the time of fall intake, the officers might have been busy processing the student visa application for the last few months. That's understandable and if that the case then the files will start moving faster now as the student visa application time is over for September :D

CaCal

Jul 9, 2019
Chill bro, there is no vacation now. There was just one day off last month.
More reliable theories are the one about student visa and the election. Since it's the time of fall intake, the officers might have been busy processing the student visa application for the last few months. That's understandable and if that the case then the files will start moving faster now as the student visa application time is over for September :D
I really hope this is true