+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
I had no need for translation, but the officer ran through my old passport...and when I mentioned it's my old passport...his reply was still need to check it .
thanks...my eligibility period is from 2013-2018 but i will take my passports 2010 onwards just in case, since 2010 is the oldest i am carrying in canada. the old 2010 passport has arabic stamps for which i was confused regarding translation.

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
thanks...my eligibility period is from 2013-2018 but i will take my passports 2010 onwards just in case, since 2010 is the oldest i am carrying in canada. the old 2010 passport has arabic stamps for which i was confused regarding translation.
If you are getting the stamps translated, then why not get it for the old passport also. In case they ask, then the cost of additional translation will be worth compared to the hassle and delay you may have to face for not having it translated.

fzy951113

Dec 6, 2017
Got Test Invite, finally.
Application received Feb 15th,
AOR March 28th,
In Process May 2nd,
Test Invite Jan 26th, test is on Feb 12th at STC, 11:45am
Mississauga Applicant.

I think I'm an above average Mississauga applicant in terms of processing speed.

Aa789

Jan 13, 2019
Hey all, I just joined, been reading people's timelines since past few days.

Applied for C: Feb 5, 2018
App type: Family (3)
Received: Feb 12, 2018
AOR: Mar 9
Process started: Apr 26
FR request for my husband: Jun 12
Test invite: Nov 13
Test and interview: Dec 1
The IO told us that everything was in order and we will receive the oath invitation within 4-6 weeks or at least before our 12 months time period.

We don't even have a DM yet, don't know when we will receive oath invitation. Both me and my husband had to travel but been waiting for the oath invite.
Finally we have a Decision Made. Now waiting for the oath invitation.

SnakePlissken

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
Feb-10-2018
AOR Received.
Mar-20-2018
Finally my journey to Canadian Citizenship is now complete. Took the oath on 29th Jan at the Scarborough Office. What a journey it has been! I would like to thank this forum and all the members who contribute to this forum and most importantly all the admins who keeps all the spreadsheets up to date and maintaining it. All your work and contribution is definitely appreciated. Big cheers to you all!

My timeline in my signature below.

His Purpose

May 19, 2015
Just got the email for citizenship test on Feb 12th at Scarborough. App rec Feb 28th. In process since may 10th.

Received letter for Test/Interview for Scarb. Office for Feb 16, 2019 also.
Applied Feb 2018, Processing started April 2018. Please update spreadsheet. My username is Hispurpose

Jan 30, 2019
Just checked the status of my application online, saw an update:

We sent you a notice on January 21, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 6, 2019 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I haven't checked my mail yet, I'll have to go home to verify if I actually got the letter. But I'm surprised that I didn't get an email instead? Everything else has been over email. On second thought, maybe they are sending the book along with the letter?

Also, is there only one test center in Mississauga, the one on Glen Erin (from google search)?

Any tips from people who have already given the exam on how to prepare for it?
Things I need to be aware of about the test center itself? i.e. parking, how early should I get there, etc
It happened to me as well. I checked my online status too it showed they sent me letter on Jan 17,2019 to appear for test on Jan 22,2019.litterally after 5 days never got a letter.missed my test.

StuCan1

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
I will know once by MP gets back to me... :)
Zeina73 said:
Hi StuCn,
Do you know if your BG /security/criminality are done or not yet? I applied FEB 22,2018 and due date to get them completed is March 8, 2019

------

Update to this: My MPs office got back to me and confirmed my BG/Security/criminality have all passed. just waiting for the test invite. My MPs office will be following up for me at the end of Feb (if nothing has changed) to get timelines.

Thanks,
StuCan1

Reactions: Zeina73

Zeina73

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Zeina73 said:
Hi StuCn,
Do you know if your BG /security/criminality are done or not yet? I applied FEB 22,2018 and due date to get them completed is March 8, 2019

------

Update to this: My MPs office got back to me and confirmed my BG/Security/criminality have all passed. just waiting for the test invite. My MPs office will be following up for me at the end of Feb (if nothing has changed) to get timelines.

Thanks,
StuCan1
Hi StuCan1,
Good to hear that. Although till the end of February its a bit far but its seems its going smooth for you. I hope you get test invite before that.

Reactions: StuCan1

Ovaisyasin

Jul 21, 2018
Hello there all i have a question regarding passport .. i just done my OATH on 2 Feb (saturday).. and i check my online status today (sunday) its says COMPLETE .. so can I apply my passport on Monday?.. or do i have to wait for 2 business days?.. as they mention in the ceremony to wait for 2 business days ..