+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

Micbm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Hello there all i have a question regarding passport .. i just done my OATH on 2 Feb (saturday).. and i check my online status today (sunday) its says COMPLETE .. so can I apply my passport on Monday?.. or do i have to wait for 2 business days?.. as they mention in the ceremony to wait for 2 business days ..
Your name needs to be in the system, they ask you to allow 48 hrs to give them enough time. If you're name is not in the system they can't process the passport application, so you wasted your time. That being said, I've read many cases in this forum where they applied for the passport within 24 hrs and it worked.

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
oh man! just found out that IRCC sent me an email on Jan 21st to appear for test on Feb 5th while I checking my ecas status. I haven't even started studying. Any idea to prepare in short amount of time? I can start reading discover Canada but any alternate material or option would be appreciated.

thanks,

Vesimsyd

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
oh man! just found out that IRCC sent me an email on Jan 21st to appear for test on Feb 5th while I checking my ecas status. I haven't even started studying. Any idea to prepare in short amount of time? I can start reading discover Canada but any alternate material or option would be appreciated.

thanks,
Please try phone app ... they have good mock tests

Check out "Canadian Citizenship Test 2019"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblingiso.cacitizenshiptest

n4ch0

Jan 31, 2013
Halifax
Finally got my notice.

I will take my Oath on January 30th; More than 6 months after I passed my test.

For those of you that are waiting, be patient, your day will come soon.

Cheers
Became Canadian on Jan 30th.
Applied Feb 14
Acknowledged on March
Test was on July.

All process took 350 days, slightly less than a Year.

cgrewal

Mar 1, 2018
Did my test today, passed. Had a quick interview after, they asked few questions and checked identification docs. Pretty simple. They didn't give me a timeline for oath, all the officer said was, i will receive email for oath ceremony. I guess within couple months hopefully! Good luck to everyone. I applied feb 10, 2018. Fp req in August 2018. Test invite January 22.

Cheers!

auracreates

Aug 15, 2013
Hi guys - I received my test invite today. Literally on my 1 year mark since applying down to the date. I have a question about the documents to bring to the test. The test invite letter says I have to bring all the original documents I submitted as part of my application from the document checklist. Can someone please tell me what I should bring? The document checklist for the application says I need the application form itself, along with a physical presence calculator print out. So my question really is:

- Do i need to fill out the application form again and print and bring this?
- Do i just use the online physical presence calculator and print it out?
- Do i need to bring two photos again?
- My English language test was taken in 2013 - this is what I used to apply for my citizenship. So I guess I bring this test copy? I have it in an email as a PDF so I will just print it out
- I will bring my fees receipt

Those that have written their test already, if you can help out with what documents you brought to the test, that would be great!

Thanks all!
Aura

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

Today marks exactly 1 year since my application for Citizenship. Still waiting for my test invite.

Called the Helpline - That sent a request to Visa Office & said I should receive a response in 30 days.

My Timeline is below -
Application Received - Feb 4
In Process - May 10
FP - August 20

Criminality - Passed
Prohibition - Not Started
Residency - Not Started
Language - Not Started

My Location - Brampton
Visa Office - Mississauga.

cgrewal

Mar 1, 2018
Hi guys - I received my test invite today. Literally on my 1 year mark since applying down to the date. I have a question about the documents to bring to the test. The test invite letter says I have to bring all the original documents I submitted as part of my application from the document checklist. Can someone please tell me what I should bring? The document checklist for the application says I need the application form itself, along with a physical presence calculator print out. So my question really is:

- Do i need to fill out the application form again and print and bring this?
- Do i just use the online physical presence calculator and print it out?
- Do i need to bring two photos again?
- My English language test was taken in 2013 - this is what I used to apply for my citizenship. So I guess I bring this test copy? I have it in an email as a PDF so I will just print it out
- I will bring my fees receipt

Those that have written their test already, if you can help out with what documents you brought to the test, that would be great!

Thanks all!
Aura
Take along- PR Card, Driver's license, all passports, landing paper, any other ID. Also to be safe take the physical presence calculator that you filled in at the time of application. I took all the paperwork to be safe. No need for photos. Print the language test copy.

StuCan1

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Hi All,

Today marks exactly 1 year since my application for Citizenship. Still waiting for my test invite.

Called the Helpline - That sent a request to Visa Office & said I should receive a response in 30 days.

My Timeline is below -
Application Received - Feb 4
In Process - May 10
FP - August 20

Criminality - Passed
Prohibition - Not Started
Residency - Not Started
Language - Not Started

My Location - Brampton
Visa Office - Mississauga.

Contact your MPs office. You will get a reply quickly.

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Had my citizenship test today. Passed my exam but when I got to the interview, they placed my application on hold because my passport had stamps on it that were not in English.

I will have to get those translated and send it directly to the interviewer before my application can proceed.
I can't recall if I did that as part of my application or not, but another hoop to jump through.

The interviewer also said that within the next few months I'll get an email about the oath taking, following me submitting the translation.

YumYeh

May 16, 2018
Please can someone update the spreadsheet to show the following update for my application.
Received test schedule notice on Jan 14, 2019
Test & interview schedule for Feb 06, 2019.

alpha1

Sep 17, 2013
Hello, I don't know why my status in spreadsheet says decision made Dec 10 but below is the updated info.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 19, 2018..
  2. We started processing your application on June 12, 2018.
  3. We sent you a notice on October 12, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 20, 2018 at 11:01 AM.
  4. We sent you a notice on December 31, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 30, 2019 at 1:30 PM.
  5. You became a Canadian citizen on January 30, 2019.
Thanks everyone its finally done :D

RedCinnamon01

Feb 7, 2019
Hi, Yes for a USA Visa about 5 years ago. I would expect you to get the test invite some time soon too.

Quick question for anyone who has completed Citizenship Test already, Can we print the email copy of the test invite and take it or do we get a paper copy in mail and that is required ?
Printed email is fine, I didn't get anything in the mail