+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

Alaayemen

Apr 19, 2017
Calgary
Category........
Updated! I will try to update as much as I can.

Keep in mind most admins including myself have a full time job and do this voluntarily. If anyone of you is interested in updating feel free to email the spreadsheet admin! This is not meant to direct towards you but everyone who has been questioning :)
Thank you so much bu ayaan for taking the time to be an admin. I appreciate your efforts as well as all the other admins :)

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I took the liberty of copying the spreadsheet and making a new one since the admins have been really spotty with updating the spreadsheet and the other admins for the other spreadsheets (like bu ayaan, who is awesome and can't be even more awesomer) can't come around often enough to update it regularly. It doesn't have the same values on there (like days between AoR and Oath, etc), but I can and did update the dates and everything for everyone to glance through. You won't find any of the other months, just February. I went back as far as October 31st to update it, assuming that the spreadsheet was updated until then.

Here's the link to my copy of the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14NEAVRE0Zg1kOAXZ8VFSOBbg-4txs-mLbv1_vCvjLys/edit?usp=sharing

Before I get into any trouble, let me state my case: I did try to get access to the official Feb 2018 spreadsheet to update it, but the owner (Chi2Van) has not responded and hasn't logged in in a very long time; no one else has the authority to grant permission to update either. Given I and many of us are still in processing and try to keep tabs on which applications are moving for February, I thought it was a good idea to just update it myself. I'm on all the time anyway and check this thread every day, so I'll update it regularly. I will state that I am NOT an admin, I'm just a loyal follower of the thread who wants to share the updates and organize all the data I can.

That being said, if there is an admin who wants me to take this post down and remove the link, I will do so. Just privately message me and I will; I just feel- and I don't think I'm alone in this- that a bunch of the admins who were here either became too busy with their own lives or got citizenship and bailed. Both cases are totally okay and understandable, but it leaves those of us still waiting and checking here regularly in the dark as to how things are progressing. Granted every application is different and each case is individual, but it gives us a good idea of where things are going. Just keep posting updates here and I'll update the spreadsheet I made. If I see signs that there is an admin who is regularly updating again, I'll share the updates I made with them and then take down my unofficial spreadsheet.

Thanks all, keep being awesome.

Reactions: Matut and kaladhar

saugaMar2018

Dec 5, 2018
Hey Guys, I want to check if applicants from Mississauga are seeing some progress or start getting test invites. From my side I am still waiting for the test invite. Thanks

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
Hey Guys, I want to check if applicants from Mississauga are seeing some progress or start getting test invites. From my side I am still waiting for the test invite. Thanks
According to the spreadsheet, only 1 Mississauga applicant has gotten anything done- they're all the way up to Oath now. If it helps, I'm in London and I haven't gotten anything yet either; I've been in processing since May 1st. The vast majority of Ontario applicants who applied in February haven't received anything yet.

As far as January goes, it's a mixed bag. The sole London applicant got their test invite early November, so I assumed that myself and Rae62 would be getting ours this month.

If it hasn't been 12 months since you applied, you are still within the realm of "normal" processing times. Just remember each application is a case unto itself and that just because someone gets an invite and you don't yet doesn't mean it's not on the way; for all you know, you could just be waiting in line for an invite and that's it!

Matut

Feb 28, 2018
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I took the liberty of copying the spreadsheet and making a new one since the admins have been really spotty with updating the spreadsheet and the other admins for the other spreadsheets (like bu ayaan, who is awesome and can't be even more awesomer) can't come around often enough to update it regularly. It doesn't have the same values on there (like days between AoR and Oath, etc), but I can and did update the dates and everything for everyone to glance through. You won't find any of the other months, just February. I went back as far as October 31st to update it, assuming that the spreadsheet was updated until then.

Here's the link to my copy of the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14NEAVRE0Zg1kOAXZ8VFSOBbg-4txs-mLbv1_vCvjLys/edit?usp=sharing

Before I get into any trouble, let me state my case: I did try to get access to the official Feb 2018 spreadsheet to update it, but the owner (Chi2Van) has not responded and hasn't logged in in a very long time; no one else has the authority to grant permission to update either. Given I and many of us are still in processing and try to keep tabs on which applications are moving for February, I thought it was a good idea to just update it myself. I'm on all the time anyway and check this thread every day, so I'll update it regularly. I will state that I am NOT an admin, I'm just a loyal follower of the thread who wants to share the updates and organize all the data I can.

That being said, if there is an admin who wants me to take this post down and remove the link, I will do so. Just privately message me and I will; I just feel- and I don't think I'm alone in this- that a bunch of the admins who were here either became too busy with their own lives or got citizenship and bailed. Both cases are totally okay and understandable, but it leaves those of us still waiting and checking here regularly in the dark as to how things are progressing. Granted every application is different and each case is individual, but it gives us a good idea of where things are going. Just keep posting updates here and I'll update the spreadsheet I made. If I see signs that there is an admin who is regularly updating again, I'll share the updates I made with them and then take down my unofficial spreadsheet.

Thanks a lot for doing this!

jazv4

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
El Salvador
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
CSQ 05-08-2012, Federal 04-03-2014
Doc's Request.
13-05-2014
Nomination.....
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ 21-Dec-2012; Federal 4-Apr-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
Not in Mississauga but in Brampton. But Im in the same boat. in process since May 9 but nothing has happened since. GCMS shows no updates to my file. So i lost all hope this will be done before Feb next year.

jenniannet

Jun 3, 2018
My days in Canada were 1460

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
Alright, so I received word from one of the spreadsheet admins. I'm actually an admin of the official spreadsheet now, so the official one will be up to date with my changes and such. Sorry for all of the run-around, I didn't think anyone would get back to me!

EDIT: The spreadsheet I made is now deleted. If you want to see the latest one, go to the official one!

Last edited:

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 22, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 24, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 24, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 31, 2018 at 12:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on November 7, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 18, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact
Hey, sorry. I found you on the March sheet. Are there two people using your account for their citizenship stuff? I had added you on my unofficial spreadsheet, but if you want me to add this to the official one, just let me know.

qupassa

Sep 5, 2012
Application received March 2- 2018
Start process of an application May 29
Finger prints notice June 8
Test notice Aug 29
Test done Oct 2

Waiting to hear back for oath ceremony

Have not heard anything back? Any one else has the same situation?
I know some people who are being processed faster and did a test on Oct 2

Thoughts?Help?

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
Application received March 2- 2018
Start process of an application May 29
Finger prints notice June 8
Test notice Aug 29
Test done Oct 2

Waiting to hear back for oath ceremony

Have not heard anything back? Any one else has the same situation?
I know some people who are being processed faster and did a test on Oct 2

Thoughts?Help?
You'll probably get it sooner rather than later; then again, that depends on what part of the country you're in and how many oath ceremonies they have to schedule. You probably won't get the oath letter by the end of December since they schedule the oath about a month out (or rather, that's what I wager- I honestly don't know) and will likely get it early next year.

You are still within the realm of "normal processing times" so you have until March 2nd before you can ask IRCC what's up. If you're planning to travel, you have to let them know when you're traveling and when you'll be back. As usual, each case is different and you can't just see other people moving forward faster than you and think there's something wrong; the spreadsheets and sharing our timelines are meant to be a general guide and not absolute truth. For example, I'm still waiting on my test invite and an applicant in my area who applied a month before me got their invite early November, so I assume I'll be getting it this month; however, that's not a 100% guarantee!

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Hey everybody. How is it going? Just wanted to let you all know that I have taken my Citizenship test this morning at the Scarborough Town Centre Court location. It was a piece of cake and I got a full score (20/20). The officer said that I should be expecting my Oath letter in a month or two :)

If you're waiting for your test invite, you'll get it soon.
If you're scheduled for your test, you'll do great! ;)

Good luck! :D

Cheers
Kal

Last edited: