February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi guys, I am in Vancouver, BC and my test date is on November 20ish, and I am planning on flying out to India on February 8, 2019. I am kinda worried, that Christmas break is coming and with all the time this is taking, what are my options? Lets say if i get my citizenship certificate late January, can i still use Indian passport to travel to India or will I have to use my? I want to book the tickets soon or it'll cost me a pretty penny booking close to departure date. Please advise as to what my best option would be?

Thanks in advance.
Once you have the citizenship certificate, wait for two days (for them to update your status) and if necessary apply for an urgent passport.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/urgent-emergency-passport.html

So you can get the passport at the end of the next business day.
Example: Ceremony Tuesday, apply for passport Thursday, get passport late Friday.
That way you have a passport to travel back to Canada.
You can even try your luck and apply one day after your citizenship ceremony, sometimes they are quicker with the update.

nitin15in

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2013
Location - Brampton
App Sent - Jan 30, 2018
App Received - Feb. 8, 2018
In process ecas - Apr. 20, 2018
No update since then , Is there anyone with similar timelimes ?

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
Location - Brampton
App Sent - Jan 30, 2018
App Received - Feb. 8, 2018
In process ecas - Apr. 20, 2018
No update since then , Is there anyone with similar timelimes ?
London here. IP since May 1st. No word since. The single applicant listed in January from London got their test invite November 1st, so I might be getting it any day now.

OzInVan

Aug 30, 2015
Hi, i am a silent follower of this thread.
I would like some advice from the seniors reading this. I am a feb applicant from Surrey, recently done with the test/ interview on 8 nov, passed 19/20. Interview went okay, officer got me to sign a US entry/exit history consent form and a prohibitions form because i had almost 20 day trips to US. He also asked me how do i keep record of my trips and i said I-94 website and CBSA history.

My question is :

I requested my CBSA entry/exit recently from ATIP which i received today. Is it a good idea to forward that history to my processing office in Surrey?

Btw my officer didnot requested that on the test day. I will really appreciate any advice , @spyfy , @razerblade , thanks

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I would like some advice from the seniors reading this. I am a feb applicant from Surrey, recently done with the test/ interview on 8 nov, passed 19/20. Interview went okay, officer got me to sign a US entry/exit history consent form and a prohibitions form because i had almost 20 day trips to US. He also asked me how do i keep record of my trips and i said I-94 website and CBSA history.

My question is :

I requested my CBSA entry/exit recently from ATIP which i received today. Is it a good idea to forward that history to my processing office in Surrey?

Btw my officer didnot requested that on the test day. I will really appreciate any advice , @spyfy , @razerblade , thanks

Hi, no seniors here. Just people sharing their opinion.

IMO, there is no point in providing CBSA entry/exit records, because IRCC already has access to them.

Reactions: OzInVan

OzInVan

Aug 30, 2015
Hi, no seniors here. Just people sharing their opinion.

IMO, there is no point in providing CBSA entry/exit records, because IRCC already has access to them.
If they already have access to entry/ exit data, then why do they check each and every stamp in the passport?
Some of the stamps are missing in my passport because US officials dont stamp your passport at the land border if u have a valid I-94. Your opinion , thanks

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
If they already have access to entry/ exit data, then why do they check each and every stamp in the passport?
Some of the stamps are missing in my passport because US officials dont stamp your passport at the land border if u have a valid I-94. Your opinion , thanks
The CBSA records that you received, do they contain your entries and exits from Canada both ? My understanding is that, CBSA records only include entries into Canada, not exits (although there were some murmurs that it may change soon to include both). Also, CBSA records are probably not all reliable, I think that's why they check the stamps.

In my case, they didn't bother checking any stamps on any of my 3 passports. I think it varies from case to case, and from officer to officer.

Here's some more information from CBSA's website:

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

A Travel History Report is a record of a traveller's entries into Canada. The report documents entries made on or after August 1, 2000. This information is collected by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) on travellers entering Canada. Traveller exit information is also available in a limited capacity but applies only to foreign nationals entering the United States from Canada on or after June 30, 2013.
I believe that the exit records on not reliable, because they have a dependency on US sharing all data with CBSA, which is probably not well maintained or not consistent.

Also, regarding IRCC having access to CBSA records:

If you are applying for Canadian Citizenship you do not need to request your Traveller History Report from the CBSA. Checking "Yes" on page 4, Question 14 (b) of your application form permits Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to collect the report on your behalf.

Last edited:

OzInVan

Aug 30, 2015
The CBSA records that you received, do they contain your entries and exits from Canada both ? My understanding is that, CBSA records only include entries into Canada, not exits (although there were some murmurs that it may change soon to include both). Also, CBSA records are probably not all reliable, I think that's why they check the stamps.

In my case, they didn't bother checking any stamps on any of my 3 passports. I think it varies from case to case, and from officer to officer.

Here's some more information from CBSA's website:

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

I believe that the exit records on not reliable, because they have a dependency on US sharing all data with CBSA, which is probably not well maintained or not consistent.

Also, regarding IRCC having access to CBSA records:
Yeah, it absolutely contains all the entries into canada. Regarding the exits, it only contains all the land and sea border exits. Exit from an airport is not recorded by CBSA at all.

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Hey everyone,

How is it going? Its been a while since I've posted here and I've literally spent the last hour catching up all the missed posts. I wanna say huge 'Congratulations' to all the new Canadian Citizens and for those who are waiting for their test or oath invitations, 'Your Time is Coming'. Your patience will soon be rewarded. ;)

I would appreciate if someone could please update the following details on the excel sheet:

Test Invitation: Nov 19th (via E-mail) | ECAS updated on Nov 20th.
Test Date: Dec 8th (Sat)
Test Location: Scarborough Citizenship & Immigration Canada

If anyone else is scheduled to write their test on that date and in that location, please holler. It would be lovely to meet some of you face-to-face :D

Good luck everyone!

Cheers
Kal

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015

My question is :

Just to support what the others said: IRCC already has access to all your CBSA data (and unlike you, they didn't have to wait a month until they asked the CBSA for it :) ). Sending this stuff to IRCC is almost like sending a copy of your notice of assessment to the CRA, pretty pointless :)

Generally speaking: Only provide to IRCC whatever they ask you to. Of course always be truthful and don't withhold information, but sending them stuff they didn't ask for will only mean one thing: More stuff to read and sort. In the best case, it won't help. In the worst case, it will just delay things.

Reactions: OzInVan

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
Hey everyone,

How is it going? Its been a while since I've posted here and I've literally spent the last hour catching up all the missed posts. I wanna say huge 'Congratulations' to all the new Canadian Citizens and for those who are waiting for their test or oath invitations, 'Your Time is Coming'. Your patience will soon be rewarded. ;)

I would appreciate if someone could please update the following details on the excel sheet:

Test Invitation: Nov 19th (via E-mail) | ECAS updated on Nov 20th.
Test Date: Dec 8th (Sat)
Test Location: Scarborough Citizenship & Immigration Canada

If anyone else is scheduled to write their test on that date and in that location, please holler. It would be lovely to meet some of you face-to-face :D

Good luck everyone!

Cheers
Kal
Hey Kal! Long time, no see! Congrats on getting the invite! Since you got your invite, I'm not gonna lose hope that I'm going to get mine soon! As far as updating goes, I don't think Marlee or whoever hasn't been on in a long time; the spreadsheet doesn't look dynamically different.

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Hey Kal! Long time, no see! Congrats on getting the invite! Since you got your invite, I'm not gonna lose hope that I'm going to get mine soon! As far as updating goes, I don't think Marlee or whoever hasn't been on in a long time; the spreadsheet doesn't look dynamically different.
Hey Loki, thanks man! :) I wasn't waiting for it and suddenly, BAM! I got the email in the early hours on the 19th. Miracles happen everyday. We just have to wait for our time! ;)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :D

Kal

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 22, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 24, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 24, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 31, 2018 at 12:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on November 7, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 18, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact

Reactions: kaladhar

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
  1. We sent you a notice on November 7, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 18, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact
Woohoo! Congratulations!
Super excited for you :D

Kal