+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

NikkiR88TH

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Ontario
You will pass the exam don't memorize the whole book though. Read the book couple of times do some skimming and scanning read it but nor to memorize it, just for you to recognize the things like dates people and special event, Do not get pressure you'll be fine and I know you'll pass the exam and claim it.
You will pass the exam don't memorize the whole book though. Read the book couple of times do some skimming and scanning read it but nor to memorize it, just for you to recognize the things like dates people and special event, Do not get pressure you'll be fine and I know you'll pass the exam and claim it.
Thank you so much for your encouragement! i feel like i remember the main stuff, main years, main people, main events but im just not sure how much small details it would be in the real test. im afraid they will be some small details that i cant remember.

Reactions: 1986rich
Feb 26, 2018
Toronto
Fellow applicants,

I need to ask you a question, please. My application status is still IP since May 4th. My PR Card expires on November 21st. I need to renew it, right? I was expecting to get an update on my application status but nothing has happened. I am going to send them an email and call them to see if this is a good reason to speed up the process a little bit. Do you have an email I can write to? I have their phone number.

I appreciate any comments on this.

Thank you!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Fellow applicants,

I need to ask you a question, please. My application status is still IP since May 4th. My PR Card expires on November 21st. I need to renew it, right? I was expecting to get an update on my application status but nothing has happened. I am going to send them an email and call them to see if this is a good reason to speed up the process a little bit. Do you have an email I can write to? I have their phone number.

I appreciate any comments on this.

Thank you!
No they won’t speed it up because your PR card is expiring

dsan_01

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Mine and my spouse status is updated to DM but my 8year old kid status is showing "In Process". Is it normal ? Any comments. We have given our test/interview last thursday.

(Montreal Applicant)

beautifulbc

Aug 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2015
AOR Received.
07-07-2015
File Transfer...
10-08-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2016
Med's Done....
10-04-2015
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
Just received Email to attend Oath Ceremony on Oct 27th. 2018 in Vancouver
Email received for Oath Ceremony: Oct 2nd 2018
Oath Ceremony Date: Oct 27th 2018
Please update....

Thanks..

Haathee-mera-Saathee

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
We became Canadian citizens this morning.

This citizenship process needs an overhaul - our application was completed but sitting on some officer's desk for weeks/months until I got my Hon. MP to check what was happening. They too got the usual answer "background checks" and I got the reply from the Hon. MP that this process can take 12 months and that it is in progress. Then I approached the Shadow Minister and within a few days after that I got a call from the Immigration Office advising that my application was still in "background check" which they have no control of. I then, within a few days saw my eCas change to "Decision Made" and got a call from my Hon. MP that a decision was made! Within several days I was invited to attend the citizenship ceremony.

In a nutshell - these folks are the "typical" government employees that we hear about - McKinsey or EY or Dellloitte should get in there and get them to streamline the process - perhaps move away from the "batch processing" systems to "JIT". It worked for "industry" and I am sure it will work for IRCC.

I know some here are saying that we should leave IRCC alone as any queries might delay processing for all - if we keep thinking that way then we will never get "step change" improvements that is so much needed.

BTW - we come from a commonwealth country so no serious background checks was required!

All the best to everyone and please approach the shadow Ministers if you wish to.

Last edited:

outflare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Thank you! im really nervous! i want to pass! I can get 100% on the richmond library website most of the time now, but when i practice on other sites, some small details i still forget. How can i remember the whole book. Where to focus on in particular?? Thanks!
i got 20/20 . if you can score 100 percent on apnatoronto tests and richmond library . you will get 19/20 for sure in the test .
do read the book. very important . you should have the basic concepts right .

Reactions: NikkiR88TH

NikkiR88TH

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Ontario
i got 20/20 . if you can score 100 percent on apnatoronto tests and richmond library . you will get 19/20 for sure in the test .
do read the book. very important . you should have the basic concepts right .
Thank you! i think i remember most of the main stuff now. I should pass!!

GhostGirl

Aug 8, 2018
What happens in the case of a senior applying for citizenship? Does it jump from IP to DM or from IP to Interview? I know that seniors over 55 need not take the exam.

Haathee-mera-Saathee

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
What happens in the case of a senior applying for citizenship? Does it jump from IP to DM or from IP to Interview? I know that seniors over 55 need not take the exam.
Depends on the situation - I was asked for an interview to clarify my travels which was more than 50 in 3 years. I am in mining and consultancy and travel a lot and they raised a triage. This was good because they could have asked for an RQ which takes a long time to sort out.

Last edited:

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

I am a February 2018 applicant from Brampton. AOR March 5 & In process May 10. Did FP on August 20, 2018.

I ordered GCMS notes & they are as follows -
ASSESSMENTS
Knowledge: Not Started
Residence: Not Started
Language: Not Started
Prohibition: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Oath: Not Started

I have following questions regarding the above -

1. Which government agency does the Residence assessment? How much time does it take to do this?

2. Which government agency does the Prohibition assessment? How much time does it take to do this?

I would really appreciate if someone could provide answers/insights to the above mentioned.

Thanks & Regards

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
Hi All,

I am a February 2018 applicant from Brampton. AOR March 5 & In process May 10. Did FP on August 20, 2018.

I ordered GCMS notes & they are as follows -
ASSESSMENTS
Knowledge: Not Started
Residence: Not Started
Language: Not Started
Prohibition: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Oath: Not Started

I have following questions regarding the above -

1. Which government agency does the Residence assessment? How much time does it take to do this?

2. Which government agency does the Prohibition assessment? How much time does it take to do this?

I would really appreciate if someone could provide answers/insights to the above mentioned.

Thanks & Regards
How did you order them notes?