+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
March applicant here but I had a question about IP so hope it is is ok to ask here :), i received AOR on March 23rd, when checking ecas using either my application number or UCI i get "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons" is that what everyone sees until the see in processing?
No, I am able to enter my ecas. It looks like some of your information is not matching with whats in the system. You can call the call centre tomorrow and explain them the issue hopefully they will be able to do something.

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
March applicant here but I had a question about IP so hope it is is ok to ask here :), i received AOR on March 23rd, when checking ecas using either my application number or UCI i get "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons" is that what everyone sees until the see in processing?
That's weird coz you should be able to access your ECAS by now. Please double-check that you're entering all the information correctly.

Visit this link (bookmark it): https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
Select the option I have read, understood and agree with the above Terms and Conditions (checkmark) >> Continue

Identification Type:
Application number/Case number
Identification number: Type your application number from the AoR email that you've received. Double-check and make sure that there are no spaces before or after.
Family Name: (Your last name)
Your DoB:
Place of Birth:
(Your home country)

If you're doing everything right and still not able to log in, then you gotta call IRCC call centre tomorrow morning and figure out what's happening. I hope you get a solution to your issue soon.

Good luck! :)

Kal

Last edited:

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Like others have mentioned, Ecas would show Application received once you have the AOR. And eventually it will show In process once they have started processing your application. If you are sure that the UCI and other details that you are providing are correct, then you need to call the CIC call center to sort out this issue.

Malak_7

Mar 5, 2018
Ottawa
No, I am able to enter my ecas. It looks like some of your information is not matching with whats in the system. You can call the call centre tomorrow and explain them the issue hopefully they will be able to do something.
That's weird coz you should be able to access your ECAS by now. Please double-check that you're entering all the information correctly.

Visit this link (bookmark it): https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
Select the option I have read, understood and agree with the above Terms and Conditions (checkmark) >> Continue

Identification Type:
Application number/Case number
Identification number: Type your application number from the AoR email that you've received. Double-check and make sure that there are no spaces before or after.
Family Name: (Your last name)
Your DoB:
Place of Birth:
(Your home country)

If you're doing everything right and still not able to log in, then you gotta call IRCC call centre tomorrow morning and figure out what's happening. I hope you get a solution to your issue soon.

Good luck! :)

Kal
Like others have mentioned, Ecas would show Application received once you have the AOR. And eventually it will show In process once they have started processing your application. If you are sure that the UCI and other details that you are providing are correct, then you need to call the CIC call center to sort out this issue.
Hey guys,

thank you for replaying, at first I suspected the problem was the browser I was using, so I tried different one and l've also tried to log in from personal laptop as well as work computer, all my attempts got me the the same results.

I will try and give them a call today :)

Nessasary

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Hey everyone :)
My husband's status changed to In Process.

ID: Nessasary
Application type: single
Physical Presence: 1201 days
App sent: 27 Jan 2018
App received: 01 February 2018
AOR: 05 March 2018
IP: 24 April 2018

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
Use application no from AOR
or enter uci as XXXX-XXXX Dont forgot to add -

Rae62

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Nessasary said:
Hey everyone :)
My husband's status changed to In Process.
ID: Nessasary
Application type: single
Physical Presence: 1201 days
App sent: 27 Jan 2018
App received: 01 February 2018
AOR: 05 March 2018
IP: 24 April 2018
Updated and congrats !

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hey guys,

thank you for replaying, at first I suspected the problem was the browser I was using, so I tried different one and l've also tried to log in from personal laptop as well as work computer, all my attempts got me the the same results.

I will try and give them a call today :)
Just make sure you are writing the correct Last Name. For some of us with 2 last names you have to be sure you write both of them. Also, you dont have to include the "dash" (-) when writing your UCI.

Cheers!

jasonB

Sep 7, 2013
Oh my! I am just having issues with my expiring passport on May 18th. I am planning to apply on Nov2018 for citizenship and didn't plan to renew my passport since I don't have any travel plans, also can't go out of Canada because my PR card expired last Dec 2016, and consulate general asks for a document that proves I am not a Canadian yet which I think takes months to process. I thought a valid passport is not a requirement and yes I will do explain it in a letter but seeing now that it had a negative impact on the application, I don't know what to do..
You don't need a valid passport for citizenship application. My wife and daughter applied with an expired passport and we gave reasons in the application form " passport not renewed because there was no urgent need to travel outside Canda".

Rae62

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Sent Application on 8 Feb
Received 12 Feb
AOR 7 March
IP 20 April
please update spread sheet
Added and good luck!
For the spreadsheet:
Location City ??
App type, single or family # ??
physical presence # days in canada ??

SS link is in my signature.

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
You don't need a valid passport for citizenship application. My wife and daughter applied with an expired passport and we gave reasons in the application form " passport not renewed because there was no urgent need to travel outside Canda".
How lang has it been expired when they applied and did it cause any delay or negative impact? Also, where do you put the reason for it?

gpcgag

May 2, 2016
Please enter in the details
Apllication Sent = 23rd Feb
Application Received 26 Feb 2018
AOR Received 19 March 2018
In Process 25th April 2018
Number of Days 1096
Toronto