February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Thanks for the reply sir.
What is your source for this information?
Source could be viewing and understanding the spreadsheets created by forum members.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
oh thank you for the clarification! I’m sending mine tomorrow !!! Fingers crossed so excited! I hope I did everything right and have all the paperwork that I need to send them. All my paperwork are photocopy none of them are original I hope it’s okay !
The following things must be originals:
- The application form, dated and signed
- The calculator printout, dated and signed
- Police certificates (only if you need to submit one)

Everything else can be simple compies.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Thanks for your response so If I will write from :
2016 and marked check in both require to file and taxes filed
2015 and marked check in both require to file and taxes filed
2014 and marked check in both require to file and taxes filed
2013 and marked check in both require to file and taxes filed
2012 and marked check in both require to file and taxes filed

Is this correct?
Based on the website I linked, you should list the years 2017-2013. However, it is ok if you say "not filed" for 2017 since you don't need to have filed yet.

See above, some call centre agent said that your choice of 2016-2012 is also OK. However call centre agents are known to not always be the most informed. And based on the website that I linked above, you should list the years 2017-2013.

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I will be submitting my citizenship application sometimes next week, I was confused with questions #10 and #11.

#10 Where have you lived during your eligibility period? Please list all addresses inside and outside of Canada. (I stayed in the hotel, during my vacation, do I need to put the address of the hotel)

#11 Tell us what you have been doing during your eligibility period inside and outside Canada. For example, were you working, studying, a caregiver or unemployed?
(I went for a vacation in the US for 1 week and stay in the hotel. There is no choice for vacation' what will I put then? how about name of contact and phone number? Do I need to just leave it blank.

Thank you for the help.

sam439

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
16-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2014
LANDED..........
Will be by April 2014
Hi friends. My application is almost complete and just needs to be signed.

I have couple of questions here.

Does all the photocopies needs to be self attested?

Also I see for minor application it says signature required if minor is 14 years or older. My kids are under 14 years so do I leave the minor signature box empty or their thumb print is required?

I am attaching my kids Passport copy first & last page, health card front & back, PR card front & back and their Birth certificare copy. Should I also include thier School report card as well?

I appreciate your response.

Thanks.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello Everyone,

I will be submitting my citizenship application sometimes next week, I was confused with questions #10 and #11.

#10 Where have you lived during your eligibility period? Please list all addresses inside and outside of Canada. (I stayed in the hotel, during my vacation, do I need to put the address of the hotel)

#11 Tell us what you have been doing during your eligibility period inside and outside Canada. For example, were you working, studying, a caregiver or unemployed?
(I went for a vacation in the US for 1 week and stay in the hotel. There is no choice for vacation' what will I put then? how about name of contact and phone number? Do I need to just leave it blank.

Thank you for the help.
10 - where have you LIVED. Even if you went on vacation, you still lived at your house back home in Canada. Only when you MOVE does the address where you live change. Vacations are irrelevant for this question. They are of course important for the physical presence calculator

11 - Again, vacations are completely irrelevant. This is about what you did in your life, not what you did each week. You either worked or were unemployed or studied or were self employed. It doesn't matter if meanwhile you also went on vacations or whatever.

Reactions: danny_scars

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi friends. My application is almost complete and just needs to be signed.

I have couple of questions here.

Does all the photocopies needs to be self attested?

Also I see for minor application it says signature required if minor is 14 years or older. My kids are under 14 years so do I leave the minor signature box empty or their thumb print is required?

I am attaching my kids Passport copy first & last page, health card front & back, PR card front & back and their Birth certificare copy. Should I also include thier School report card as well?

I appreciate your response.

Thanks.
Photocopies do not need to be attested/certified in any way. Once you will have the interview, you will instead be asked to bring the originals with you so they can confirm that the copies were genuine. So yes, simple copies is enough for the application.

Thumb prints are never used in Canada as a signature ever. Leave it blank.

Does the health card of your kid have a photo on it? If the health card doesn't have a photo, you need an ID with a photo of the child on it. The passport doesn't count and there have been reports that a PR card doesn't count as ID either. You need an ID for your child with their photo on it.

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
10 - where have you LIVED. Even if you went on vacation, you still lived at your house back home in Canada. Only when you MOVE does the address where you live change. Vacations are irrelevant for this question. They are of course important for the physical presence calculator

11 - Again, vacations are completely irrelevant. This is about what you did in your life, not what you did each week. You either worked or were unemployed or studied or were self employed. It doesn't matter if meanwhile you also went on vacations or whatever.
Thank you so much, big big help.

sam439

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
16-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2014
LANDED..........
Will be by April 2014

Thank you Spyfy for your response.

What else can be used as a photo ID card for Kids then apart from Passport and PR card. The medical card does not have a photo too.
I was about to send the application now. Its ready and signed.

sam439

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
16-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2014
LANDED..........
Will be by April 2014
Photocopies do not need to be attested/certified in any way. Once you will have the interview, you will instead be asked to bring the originals with you so they can confirm that the copies were genuine. So yes, simple copies is enough for the application.

Thumb prints are never used in Canada as a signature ever. Leave it blank.

Does the health card of your kid have a photo on it? If the health card doesn't have a photo, you need an ID with a photo of the child on it. The passport doesn't count and there have been reports that a PR card doesn't count as ID either. You need an ID for your child with their photo on it.

What else can be used as a photo ID card for Kids then apart from Passport and PR card. The medical card does not have a photo too.

sam439

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
16-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2014
LANDED..........
Will be by April 2014

Sorry replied for wrong comment.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015

All I can do is quote from the IRCC website:

Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification
Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.
Examples include:
school record
health insurance card
If there is information on both sides of your child’s personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.
For a child under school age, identification such as:
a passport page containing his or her photo and personal details, or
a hospital or immunization record, may be provided
Format: Clear and legible photocopy

If the school record doesn't include a photo on it, see if there is anything else that has a photo on it. Maybe a student ID card or something? It might be better if someone who has kids in Canada (not me) to chime in with ideas what you could try to produce.

Based on that IRCC website, you can't use the passport as your ID unless your kid is under school age. You have to submit the passport copy of course, but it doesn't count as one of the IDs.

There have been reports that a PR card worked and there have been reports that a PR card didn't work. Why that is the case I don't know.

NikkiR88TH

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Ontario
Thank you
The following things must be originals:
- The application form, dated and signed
- The calculator printout, dated and signed
- Police certificates (only if you need to submit one)

Everything else can be simple compies.
Thank you for all your answers! You are very helpful!

6242 cook

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013

Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.
Examples include:
school record
health insurance card
If there is information on both sides of your child’s personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

If the school record doesn't include a photo on it, see if there is anything else that has a photo on it. Maybe a student ID card or something? It might be better if someone who has kids in Canada (not me) to chime in with ideas what you could try to produce.

Based on that IRCC website, you can't use the passport as your ID unless your kid is under school age. You have to submit the passport copy of course, but it doesn't count as one of the IDs.

There have been reports that a PR card worked and there have been reports that a PR card didn't work. Why that is the case I don't know.

Hi can use PR card and my passport copy as personal identification

sam439

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
16-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2014
LANDED..........
Will be by April 2014

Examples include:
school record
health insurance card

Found this on CIC Website and it looks like they accept Passport as Identity.
Acceptable documents to show identity for citizenship applications
Applicants must be able to prove that they are who they say they are.

Among the documents required for an application, they must provide at least two documents to establish their identity. Both pieces of identification must show the applicant’s name and date of birth, and at least one document must have a photograph of the applicant.

Applicants residing outside Canada may not be able to provide Canadian identity documents. Applicants can provide foreign identity documents that are equivalent to Canadian identity documents, such as a passport or government-issued identification documents.

Children of preschool age may not be able to provide two identity documents or an identity document that includes their photo. In such cases, an explanation letter must accompany their application. Officers may use discretion for preschool age children.

Officers must consider what documents are available in the foreign country and, where possible, seek appropriate confirmation of the authenticity of the identity documents through the Canadian consular mission that has the local expertise in the foreign country.

The following are some, but not all, of the documents that can be used to establish identity. This is not a complete list and it is not in order of priority:

• age of majority card;
  • Certificate of Indian Status card;
  • driver’s license;
  • passport;
  • health insurance identification card;
  • senior citizen’s card;
  • travel document.
Documents not accepted as a piece of identification:
  • Birth certificate: used to establish the person’s date and place of birth and can also be used to establish parentage between a child and their parent(s).
  • Document establishing Canadian citizenship status: citizenship or naturalization certificate, retention certificate and certificate of registration of birth abroad.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/identity/acceptable-documents-show-identity-applications.html