+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
This forum is really a great help in filling up the forms, I have one more question about a travel document, I have a US that is good for 10 years. On question no.14 do I need to declare the US visa as a travel document together with my current passport. Any response will help.

thank you

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Found this on CIC Website and it looks like they accept Passport as Identity.
Acceptable documents to show identity for citizenship applications
Applicants must be able to prove that they are who they say they are.

Among the documents required for an application, they must provide at least two documents to establish their identity. Both pieces of identification must show the applicant’s name and date of birth, and at least one document must have a photograph of the applicant.

Applicants residing outside Canada may not be able to provide Canadian identity documents. Applicants can provide foreign identity documents that are equivalent to Canadian identity documents, such as a passport or government-issued identification documents.

Children of preschool age may not be able to provide two identity documents or an identity document that includes their photo. In such cases, an explanation letter must accompany their application. Officers may use discretion for preschool age children.

Officers must consider what documents are available in the foreign country and, where possible, seek appropriate confirmation of the authenticity of the identity documents through the Canadian consular mission that has the local expertise in the foreign country.

The following are some, but not all, of the documents that can be used to establish identity. This is not a complete list and it is not in order of priority:

• age of majority card;
  • Certificate of Indian Status card;
  • driver’s license;
  • passport;
  • health insurance identification card;
  • senior citizen’s card;
  • travel document.
Documents not accepted as a piece of identification:
  • Birth certificate: used to establish the person’s date and place of birth and can also be used to establish parentage between a child and their parent(s).
  • Document establishing Canadian citizenship status: citizenship or naturalization certificate, retention certificate and certificate of registration of birth abroad.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/identity/acceptable-documents-show-identity-applications.html
The passport is an ID document, but again, the application requests that ON TOP OF THE PASSPORT you submit two pieces of ID. Obviously, you can't use the passport again. Applications have been returned because people didn't add photo ID in addition to their passport.

The link is still in fact very helpful because of this sentence:

Children of preschool age may not be able to provide two identity documents or an identity document that includes their photo. In such cases, an explanation letter must accompany their application. Officers may use discretion for preschool age children.

Kamran79

Feb 4, 2018
The passport is an ID document, but again, the application requests that ON TOP OF THE PASSPORT you submit two pieces of ID. Obviously, you can't use the passport again. Applications have been returned because people didn't add photo ID in addition to their passport.

The link is still in fact very helpful because of this sentence:

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
3 questions for you- spyfy or anyone who can answer. I appreciate it.

Will be sending application on Feb 9 or 10th 2018.
One of the questions say photocopies of passport during eligibility period.
1- Does it mean all pages or just biographical pages. I did not travel outside Canada.

2- All address during eligibility period.
For current do I right present or Today.

3-Also is it ok to write N/A or not applicable for something not applied to me.
4-My eligibility as per calculator is 9th feb. Can I apply same day or next day that is 10th Feb
Thankyou
1. It clearly says on the document checklist that you only need the biographical pages.
2. I don't understand the question.
3. Yes this is what you are supposed to do.
4. The calculator first asks you "What day will you sign the application". You have to enter the day you will sign the application and the calculator will decide based on that if you are eligible. To be sure, hit the back button in the calculator until you reach the page where you entered that date. This is where you MUST enter the date you sign the application. Otherwise your application will be returned to you.

But: You aren't really planning on applying with 1,095 days sharp, are you? That would be a very bad idea. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you.

Reactions: Kamran79

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
3 questions for you- spyfy or anyone who can answer. I appreciate it.

Will be sending application on Feb 9 or 10th 2018.
One of the questions say photocopies of passport during eligibility period.
1- Does it mean all pages or just biographical pages. I did not travel outside Canada.

2- All address during eligibility period.
For current do I right present or Today.

3-Also is it ok to write N/A or not applicable for something not applied to me.
4-My eligibility as per calculator is 9th feb. Can I apply same day or next day that is 10th Feb
Thankyou
To clarify further, the final printout of the calculator has a field "Application date". This is the date you must sign the application on.

Reactions: Kamran79

Kamran79

Feb 4, 2018
Also yes, I am planning to apply with 1,095 days sharp because I did not travel outside Canada during my eligibility period. Feb 09 2013 to Feb 09 2018. Hope should be ok. Infact did not leave Canada since day1 which is 2012.

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have a question that I had Temporary Resident status in Canada before to get PR as a Student and then Worker so in Temporary Resident status question in citizenship form should I need to put my starting date of my Study permit as a Student and then when I got my Work Permit , put starting date of Work permit as a worker or Should I put TRV visa dates as a Student/Worker on this question, when status was obtained/expired? Can any one please confirm me?
As per my understanding I should put my study permit date and when I got my Work permit ,should put Work permit date instead of TRV visa dates as TRV worker visa issued after getting Work Permit, but not sure and wanted to confirm from some one. Thanks.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Also yes, I am planning to apply with 1,095 days sharp because I did not travel outside Canada during my eligibility period. Feb 09 2013 to Feb 09 2018. Hope should be ok. Infact did not leave Canada since day1 which is 2012.
It is a very very very very very very very very bad idea to do this. And I am still understating how bad it is.
Applying with the exact number of days will put you under intense scrutiny by the immigration officer. They will quadruple-check with every authority that you never left Canada in the last five years.

Just wait two weeks or so to have some buffer and then apply. What's a two week wait after years of waiting, really?

If your calculator printout has the magic number 1,095 written on it, you will immediately raise a red flag.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi Guys,

I have a question that I had Temporary Resident status in Canada before to get PR as a Student and then Worker so in Temporary Resident status question in citizenship form should I need to put my starting date of my Study permit as a Student and then when I got my Work Permit , put starting date of Work permit as a worker or Should I put TRV visa dates as a Student/Worker on this question, when status was obtained/expired? Can any one please confirm me?
As per my understanding I should put my study permit date and when I got my Work permit ,should put Work permit date instead of TRV visa dates as TRV worker visa issued after getting Work Permit, but not sure and wanted to confirm from some one. Thanks.
You are mixing up the validity dates of several documents with the dates you had a particular status. These are related but not the same.
What you should list is the exact days you lived in Canada as an international student from X to Y and then as a worker from Y+1 to Z and then as a permanent resident from Z+1. It doesn't matter how many study permits, work permits or visas you were issued etc. Simply put the dates you were a student and then the dates you were a worker. The moment you activated your work permit you ceased to be a student, even if your study permit was valid for longer.

You obtained international student status the moment you crossed the border (most likely at a Canadian airport). This date should be printed in your study permit. You might have received a visa earlier than that but you do NOT obtain international student status when you get the visa. Not until you actually enter Canada do you become an international student.

Satchboogies

Oct 12, 2014
Hi folks,

Thanks for keeping track -- here are my details:

Application sent: Feb 2nd
Application received: Feb 5th
Application type: Single
Physical presence: 1132 days

Reactions: figs

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hi folks,

Thanks for keeping track -- here are my details:

Application sent: Feb 2nd
Application received: Feb 5th
Physical presence: 1132 days
Added you to the sheet, good luck. Your physical presence days?

pushkaratre

Jul 27, 2011
Hi

I sent my application for family of 2 on 31st Jan 2018 and they received by post on 2nd Feb 2018 . Please add my details on spreadsheet..

Any idea how long it takes to get call for test?

Pushkar