+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

Lindsy77

Jan 12, 2018
My application received today in NS and signed by THOMAS...anyone else got his/her application signed by this person?

Good luck every one

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
I have a question I submitted my application stating my passport issued country as canada not india, because it was issued in canada. would that be a problem.
Why would it be an issue? I have renewed my passport way back in 2014 and I got the new passport from Toronto as well. So, we are supposed to say that we got the passport in Canada, coz that's where we got it from. It says so in the passport itself :D

Take a chill pill and enjoy the journey! ;)

KB

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Hi Guys I’m planning to submit family applications Feb 11, 2018 from calgary
However I have serious questions that I am having a conflict with

1- During your eligibility period did you live out side Canada ? Yes I lived outside Canada but I don’t know the crown servent form doesn’t applies to me ?
So shall I check yes or No

2-Do we have to mention family Visits to outside Canada Addresses & location In number 10

3- Employment and education history should we also mention the visit / vacation dates
3 - shall we put the Dates in Ascending or descending order?

Please advise

Thank you
Regarding Q. 9(c), a majority of us would have lived outside of Canada during our eligibility period. Just follow protocol for this one. What I did was to select YES in the application, filled out the "First Name, Last Name, DoB, Date & Sign" for the Residence outside Canada form. Strike off the two pages and say "Not Applicable". I have mentioned that I wasn't a Crown Servant and that it wasn't applicable to me in my letter of explanation.

Yes, please try to be as transparent as possible so that they won't come back to you asking for more information. Mention all the dates truthfully and make sure that there is a continuity in dates. If you miss out any dates, it will raise red flags and trust me it's our worst nightmare.

Yes, in the Education/Experience space, if you were a tourist in between, just mention it as "Unemployed" and add more info as to what you were doing (Travelling). They can understand all that from your Passport however it is your job to make it easy for them. Again, transparency is the key here.

Always write the dates in reverse chronological order (which means the latest experiences on top and work your way to the oldest at the bottom).

Good luck!

KB

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi All,

Somebody in the forum got AOR yesterday (Feb 05,18) and his application was received on Jan 02,18.
However, I called CIC today & they confirmed that they are working on December 8, 2017 applications.
Why is there so much conflicting information?
Is there a possibility that CIC is working on new applications & clearing the backlogs at the same time?

Some informative insight on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
The most important thing is to stop trying to see patterns in everything. IRCC is handling tens of thousands of applications, it's easy to see the most random of reasons for everything.

Also, do never ever expect that someone in the call centre knows what they are talking about.

properRR

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
When listing address & personal history, Q9, Q10, I see the form in the format of 'From YYYY-MM, to YYYY-MM', so I only put in month and year. Or should we write exactly YYYY-MM-DD?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Regarding Q. 9(c), a majority of us would have lived outside of Canada during our eligibility period. Just follow protocol for this one. What I did was to select YES in the application, filled out the "First Name, Last Name, DoB, Date & Sign" for the Residence outside Canada form. Strike off the two pages and say "Not Applicable". I have mentioned that I wasn't a Crown Servant and that it wasn't applicable to me in my letter of explanation.

Yes, please try to be as transparent as possible so that they won't come back to you asking for more information. Mention all the dates truthfully and make sure that there is a continuity in dates. If you miss out any dates, it will raise red flags and trust me it's our worst nightmare.

Yes, in the Education/Experience space, if you were a tourist in between, just mention it as "Unemployed" and add more info as to what you were doing (Travelling). They can understand all that from your Passport however it is your job to make it easy for them. Again, transparency is the key here.

Always write the dates in reverse chronological order (which means the latest experiences on top and work your way to the oldest at the bottom).

Good luck!

KB
I hope you realize that saying you were unemployed during a vacation where you still received a paycheck raises more flags than simply considering that the guy who reviews the application knows holidays have been a thing in Canada for years already, and may even have taken some himself :)

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi Guys I’m planning to submit family applications Feb 11, 2018 from calgary
However I have serious questions that I am having a conflict with

1- During your eligibility period did you live out side Canada ? Yes I lived outside Canada but I don’t know the crown servent form doesn’t applies to me ?
So shall I check yes or No

2-Do we have to mention family Visits to outside Canada Addresses & location In number 10

3- Employment and education history should we also mention the visit / vacation dates
3 - shall we put the Dates in Ascending or descending order?

Please advise

Thank you
1 - Yes and fill the crown servant form with not applicable everywhere.
2 - No. It's already in the presence calculator. You still live in your canadian home.
3 - Same. You're still a student/worker when you go to Cuba for a week.
Other 3 - Doesn't really matter, they're fine with both. Pick one and keep it for all the questions :)

Good luck !

abedi555

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20 JAN 2012
Med's Done....
7 FEB 2012 RCVD BY OTAWWA ON 24 FEB
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
16 APRIL 2012 SENT ON 23 APRIL
VISA ISSUED...
visa for family issued on 25 april and for me on 10 may
LANDED..........
Also yes, I am planning to apply with 1,095 days sharp because I did not travel outside Canada during my eligibility period. Feb 09 2013 to Feb 09 2018. Hope should be ok. Infact did not leave Canada since day1 which is 2012.
If your eligibility period is between Feb 09 2013 to Feb 9 2018 and you have not travelled how are you comming up with 1095 days ? It will be 1825 days

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
When listing address & personal history, Q9, Q10, I see the form in the format of 'From YYYY-MM, to YYYY-MM', so I only put in month and year. Or should we write exactly YYYY-MM-DD?
Doesn't really matter. If you have the complete date format for your activities, enter them in. However its only the YYYY-MM that would be displayed in the application form and in your printouts as well. Just make sure that there is a continuity in the dates.

Good luck!

Kal

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
If your eligibility period is between Feb 09 2013 to Feb 9 2018 and you have not travelled how are you comming up with 1095 days ? It will be 1825 days
If they were in Canada on a temporary visa (such as Student or Work visa), they are eligible to count 1/2day towards a limit of one year before becoming a PR. Based on those calculations, it would have been 1095 days (or something around that) based on his residency. I hope that makes sense!

Kal

Reactions: danny_scars