+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

panda86

Feb 20, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have a question regarding the citizenship application. So I currently live in Toronto for my studies, but I got my PR in Quebec. I sent my application in french. Do you think this could pose any problems (AOR reception)?
Thanks in advance for you replies.

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

I understand that at some stage during the Citizenship application, candidate can not leave Canada.

When does this restriction come into effect? And how long does it stay for?

I appreciate all insightful responses responses in advance!

Thanks.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have a question regarding the citizenship application. So I currently live in Toronto for my studies, but I got my PR in Quebec. I sent my application in french. Do you think this could pose any problems (AOR reception)?
Thanks in advance for you replies.
Certainly for AOR I don't expect it to cause any difficulties, as the CPC in Sydney handles all applications from anywhere in Canada, so they certainly have staff to deal with applications in either language.

If this will have an impact on processing by the local office is harder to say. Maybe someone who was in a similar situation can chime in and share their experience (which is still only a single sample, so won't tell you all that much).

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi All,

I understand that at some stage during the Citizenship application, candidate can not leave Canada.

When does this restriction come into effect? And how long does it stay for?

I appreciate all insightful responses responses in advance!

Thanks.
There is no such restriction.
However, you need to always be in a position where you can respond to queries from IRCC in a timely manner. Not responding in a timely manner may cause your application to be considered abandoned.

You will need to inform IRCC of your address (home address and mail address can be different). IRCC will only send mail for citizenship applications to addresses in Canada, so you will need to have a local address and someone who can keep an eye out for mail from IRCC (Some offices send information by email, but even so some requests may arrive by letter, so do not rely on email only).

You will need to be able to travel to Canada at short notice for your citizenship test and interview, and for your citizenship ceremony. You can ask for those to be rescheduled, but note that doing so can incur a delay (anywhere between a few weeks and a few months). If the reason for not attending your test or your ceremony is not deemed valid by IRCC, you would only get one more invitation after that. If you miss that appointment as well your application may be considered abandoned.

Reactions: danny_scars

btbt

Feb 26, 2018

figs

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Got my AOR March 14 , correspondence with AOR & Discover Canada study tools.

Sent my app Feb 5, received in Halifax Feb 7. AOR - March 14.

Now waiting for TEST Date / Place

wessless

Aug 11, 2013
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
17-02-2014 RPRF/BIODATA
AOR Received.
12-08-2013
Med's Request
12-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
02-04-2014

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
Now a days if everything goes fine in between 6 months oath

I mean if no FP or QA and interview goes well ( less stamp is better in passport specially in Canada departure and arrival ) But if passport stamp before come in Canada then is should be fine .

If my thinking and guessing incorrect then please correct me

Pepe18

Mar 17, 2018
Hi I'm new to the forum. Herewith my datelines for the spreadsheet:

App type: Family (2)
Days: 1,182
App sent: Feb 12
App delivered: Feb 14
AOR: Mar 09

Last edited:

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Now a days if everything goes fine in between 6 months oath

I mean if no FP or QA and interview goes well ( less stamp is better in passport specially in Canada departure and arrival ) But if passport stamp before come in Canada then is should be fine .

If my thinking and guessing incorrect then please correct me
Possibly, but it'd depend also on which office is handling your application.