+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
My timeline:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 22, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 19, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 5, 2018.
Ordered GCMS Notes on Jan 31 Thu, received on Mar 5 Tue. Nothing started, here's the GCMS timeline

Knowledge: Not started
Residence: Not started
Language: Not started
Prohibition: Not started
Criminality: Passed
Oath: Not started
All due dates are showing 14-Mar-2019

Office: Mississauga

It shows REFUSAL GROUNDS: 1, but the create and update dates are from 2017 and shows nothing in details
Article of the Act:
Article Description:

Is this a matter of concern??

My file was selected for QA and responded well within time in 06/2018. They updated file in 09/2018 saying documents received and assessment pending. Nothing after that timestamp in file..

Called CIC call centre in 02/2019 and they sent a request to Mississauga office for an update since file was over 52 weeks. No response in 2 weeks.. submitted a Web Form and received a response in 03/2019 saying: "
We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that the agent who responded to you on February 27, 2019, took the appropriate actions to follow up on your request.

If you do not receive more information or a decision by March 29, 2019, we invite you to contact us again by using the IRCC Web formavailable on our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
"

Not sure what else can be done, but calling CIC and submitting Web Form doesn;t help. GCMS shows status of file, but there is really no one to talk about.

Need some advise from experts out there!

Thanks
What was the reason for additional documents request? Or why it went to QA?

canadianguy15

Mar 22, 2019
What was the reason for additional documents request? Or why it went to QA?
I have no idea why it went to QA. May be I was living in the USA for 10 months (after getting PR status in Canada) and then moved to Canada. But, there was no QA for my wife (with same situation and travel pattern) application. We both applied together. On the letter it mentions that people are picked randomly for QA and it has nothing to do with application processing time?
How do i know the reason for QA being sent to me?

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
I have no idea why it went to QA. May be I was living in the USA for 10 months (after getting PR status in Canada) and then moved to Canada. But, there was no QA for my wife (with same situation and travel pattern) application. We both applied together. On the letter it mentions that people are picked randomly for QA and it has nothing to do with application processing time?
How do i know the reason for QA being sent to me?
Only way to know is from additional document request. What were those things they asked for. And QA is as random as TSA secondary security checks at US airports

canadianguy15

Mar 22, 2019
Only way to know is from additional document request. What were those things they asked for. And QA is as random as TSA secondary security checks at US airports
They asked proof of everything... as good as filling the entire Citizenship application again with all proof documents. Below is what they asked in RFQ and i gave:
1. Coloured copy of all passport pages
2. Trip details outside of Canada with document proof i.e. Entry / Exit documents
3. All address lived during eligibility. Provide all lease documents, letter from landlord, proof of ownership if own house i.e. property tax, mortgage
4. Family member details, their residence during my eligibility period and their citzenship
5. Employment information with document proof i.e. T4, employment letter, hiring letter
6. Income tax filing details
7. List of all owned properties

I gave them all the details what they requested and in GCMS notes and with CIC call centre they mentioned to have it received. but, based on GCMS received on 5 Mar 2019, it seems they have not even seen the documents yet.

omerhaha

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
same situation here.
My question is How you guys get the invitation for test from CIC?
because I lost my first call (they said they have sent me an invitation for test by email, but i didn't receive any on my inbox).
Look at the junk mail , it might be there

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
They asked proof of everything... as good as filling the entire Citizenship application again with all proof documents. Below is what they asked in RFQ and i gave:
1. Coloured copy of all passport pages
2. Trip details outside of Canada with document proof i.e. Entry / Exit documents
3. All address lived during eligibility. Provide all lease documents, letter from landlord, proof of ownership if own house i.e. property tax, mortgage
4. Family member details, their residence during my eligibility period and their citzenship
5. Employment information with document proof i.e. T4, employment letter, hiring letter
6. Income tax filing details
7. List of all owned properties

I gave them all the details what they requested and in GCMS notes and with CIC call centre they mentioned to have it received. but, based on GCMS received on 5 Mar 2019, it seems they have not even seen the documents yet.
Looks like they just wanted to make sure you actually were residing in canada during ur eligibility period.

canadianguy15

Mar 22, 2019
Looks like they just wanted to make sure you actually were residing in canada during ur eligibility period.
Yes, and I still can't figure out why there's so much of delay. Please see my original question where I have mentioned all other details as well.
According to the response from Web Form, they asked to wait till 29 March saying there should be a decision made on application, but it's already 22-Mar and have not received a test invite either.. highly unlikely I would get anything done before 29-Mar :(

PurelyCanadian

Star Member
Mar 8, 2019
Yes, and I still can't figure out why there's so much of delay. Please see my original question where I have mentioned all other details as well.
According to the response from Web Form, they asked to wait till 29 March saying there should be a decision made on application, but it's already 22-Mar and have not received a test invite either.. highly unlikely I would get anything done before 29-Mar :(
My friend, don’t lose the hope. Just hope for the good and everything will be good.

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
My timeline:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 22, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 19, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 5, 2018.
Ordered GCMS Notes on Jan 31 Thu, received on Mar 5 Tue. Nothing started, here's the GCMS timeline

Knowledge: Not started
Residence: Not started
Language: Not started
Prohibition: Not started
Criminality: Passed
Oath: Not started
All due dates are showing 14-Mar-2019

Office: Mississauga

It shows REFUSAL GROUNDS: 1, but the create and update dates are from 2017 and shows nothing in details
Article of the Act:
Article Description:

Is this a matter of concern??

My file was selected for QA and responded well within time in 06/2018. They updated file in 09/2018 saying documents received and assessment pending. Nothing after that timestamp in file..

Called CIC call centre in 02/2019 and they sent a request to Mississauga office for an update since file was over 52 weeks. No response in 2 weeks.. submitted a Web Form and received a response in 03/2019 saying: "
We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that the agent who responded to you on February 27, 2019, took the appropriate actions to follow up on your request.

If you do not receive more information or a decision by March 29, 2019, we invite you to contact us again by using the IRCC Web formavailable on our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
"

Not sure what else can be done, but calling CIC and submitting Web Form doesn;t help. GCMS shows status of file, but there is really no one to talk about.

Need some advise from experts out there!

Thanks
I highly doubt that problem is due to QA. Make a ATIP request to CSIS and first verify if your security screening is done.

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
Is it something different from ordering GCMS notes via ATIP? and if security screening is not mentioned in GCMS? I have GCMS notes from 3March
Yes, its different than requesting for IRCC notes. In GCMS, security field will always remain blank so you won't know if CSIS is done with your case or not. However, a request to CSIS via ATIP will get you a letter directly from them stating the status of your security screening case.

I ordered both GCMS and CSIS notes recently. After 13+ months of waiting for my test, CSIS still said that my security screening is on going.

I am losing all the hopes for avaerage processing. I think I might end up at FC.

canadianguy15

Mar 22, 2019
Yes, its different than requesting for IRCC notes. In GCMS, security field will always remain blank so you won't know if CSIS is done with your case or not. However, a request to CSIS via ATIP will get you a letter directly from them stating the status of your security screening case.

I ordered both GCMS and CSIS notes recently. After 13+ months of waiting for my test, CSIS still said that my security screening is on going.

I am losing all the hopes for avaerage processing. I think I might end up at FC.
What does FC means? I have never known this security clearance thing. Let me order one today and now it will take another 30 days to know what’s the status. Never experienced such delays with my PR. Losing it all now..