+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

dsan_01

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Ayaan, xls sheet is not showing updated details.

Please update our status
DM 2Oct2018 ( as stated above my child status is still shown as IP)
Test 20/20 for both of us. Still waiting for Oath intimation

Kamran79

Feb 4, 2018
How long does it takes to get the oath email after decision made, I saw some applicants takes less than a week after the deciision made, mine is already 2 weeks no email yet, do I need to phone CIC ?
We gave test on July 19 and still no oath invite. Decision made since july.

rastamanforvere

Apr 27, 2016
congratz! did they notify you for oath invite 1 day before the ceremony only?
yes, that was an exception .

I asked for an urgent processing after test was done and decision made (request sent Oct 9th).
An IRCC agent called me one day before they sent the invitation to ask me if I was able to travel for my oath ceremony.

My oath ceremony was held montreal and not in Quebec city.

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
yes, that was an exception .

I asked for an urgent processing after test was done and decision made (request sent Oct 9th).
An IRCC agent called me one day before they sent the invitation to ask me if I was able to travel for my oath ceremony.

My oath ceremony was held montreal and not in Quebec city.
thanks for replying and explaining. congratulations once again :)

rastamanforvere

Apr 27, 2016
Fot those wondering when they are going to have their test or oath cermeony, I just found 2 interesting links on IRCC website.

Maybe someone else has already shared the links, still.

1 : Find a citizenship ceremony :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx

2: And more intresting : Find temprary offices
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-temporary-offices.html

The last page is updated monthly. If you re living small city without IRCC office, most likely test and oath dates are listed there as IRC is organizing temporary and itinerant offices for citizenship test and Oath ceremony.

For big cities with IRCC office, it is more complicated to know when the test invite will be sent. But in small city all around, if for example you already took the test, you can guess from the second link when the next (and more likey your) oath ceremony will be held in your area.