+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 CEC Applicants

Adityakumaran

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Dear Senior Members,

Can you please advise me regarding the below.

I am working for an MNC and they have offices in Canada as well. They are planning to send me to Canada on a temporary work permit maybe for a year or two with most likely extension

My question is as below .
1) Would my work there count as Canadian experience and will I be able to apply under CEC.
2) If the above answer is yes then how many years (i.e 1 or 2) I might have to work to get enough points to get ITA.

NOTE: I am band 8 in English and having 4 yrs Bachelor(CS & E) but due to my age(39 years) the points are only coming to be 328 and not getting ITA through the FSW class under which I have currently submitted my profile.So wondering if I can get ITA through CEC.

Could you kindly please do advise me on this as this is very important for me to know.

Kind regards
Prashanth
Hi,

1. Yes until or unless you work physically at Canada and under Canadian Payroll you considered as CEC.
2. You need minimum 12 months of Canadian experience with 35hrs per week.

After 1yr reassess your score and apply through Express entry. Rest with God.

prshanthk

Apr 13, 2017
Hi,

1. Yes until or unless you work physically at Canada and under Canadian Payroll you considered as CEC.
2. You need minimum 12 months of Canadian experience with 35hrs per week.

After 1yr reassess your score and apply through Express entry. Rest with God.
Thank you very much for your kind reply.

alldrops

Apr 11, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
31-07-2018
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
17-10-2018
Hey everyone, before asking my question, here are the full details of my profile/application:

- Worked 7 months on a Working Holiday visa on a NOC A job
- Went to college for 2 years as a full time student
- Got a 3 year PGWP
- Within a few months, completed my 1 year of Canadian Work Experience (in addition to the 7 months from the previous work visa)

I'm applying to inland CEC with my partner.
Our timeline is:

ITA - Nov 8
Submitted application - Feb 5
AoR - Feb 6
Medicals passed - Feb 20
Additional Docs Requested - Mar 6
Additional Docs Submitted - Mar 7

IP2 - Mar 27 (that I know of - haven't checked before that)

My question is:
Since the day I've submitted the additional document (which was only one document - a confirmation of common law), they're still reviewing it.
Is it normal that they're taking that long to review it?
Also, with that, they're reviewing my eligibility and processing my background check - which are just usual steps for IP2.
The reason I'm a bit concerned is that I see a lot of people here that have either received their AoR in February or even March, and already have their CoPR.

Anyone else in a similar situation? Is there any reason for me to freak out a little bit? haha

And btw, I've tried calling them directly, but everytime I get that same message "We're experiencing a high volume of calls and are unable to transfer you to an agent" blah blah blah

So yeah, any insight would be deeply appreciated :)

Nvnsuri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Hey everyone, before asking my question, here are the full details of my profile/application:

- Got a 3 year PGWP
- Within a few months, completed my 1 year of Canadian Work Experience (in addition to the 7 months from the previous work visa)

Our timeline is:

ITA - Nov 8
AoR - Feb 6
Medicals passed - Feb 20

My question is:
Since the day I've submitted the additional document (which was only one document - a confirmation of common law), they're still reviewing it.
Also, with that, they're reviewing my eligibility and processing my background check - which are just usual steps for IP2.
The reason I'm a bit concerned is that I see a lot of people here that have either received their AoR in February or even March, and already have their CoPR.

Anyone else in a similar situation? Is there any reason for me to freak out a little bit? haha

And btw, I've tried calling them directly, but everytime I get that same message "We're experiencing a high volume of calls and are unable to transfer you to an agent" blah blah blah

Mine was similar to yours
ITA feb 6
Aor 21
Medicals march 6
ADR 5406 family info
Till now no update still reviewing my additional documents and eligibility...

Heen

May 10, 2018
Hi, im in similar situation.
Aor- feb 27.
Medical passed mar.7
Submitted my additional document on mar.7
Havent had update since then.

When i called the immigration department, they said to wait and whole process will finish in 6 months. :S

Have you got in touch with them? What did they say??

Thanks

- Got a 3 year PGWP

Our timeline is:

ITA - Nov 8
AoR - Feb 6
Medicals passed - Feb 20

My question is:

Nvnsuri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Aor- feb 27.
Medical passed mar.7

When i called the immigration department, they said to wait and whole process will finish in 6 months. :S

Thanks

Lolz i called twice a week. Finally agent said don't call again for the process just wait for it. Lolz

Reactions: Arpatel91 and Heen

nsuri

Mar 20, 2018
Aor- feb 27.
Medical passed mar.7

Thanks
May be your case processing center is same as mine.. Nova scotia... lets hope for the best All the best

wasabi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
what is the best way to get hold of CIC agent? I tried so many times but after I enter my application number, its runs the same update as in my online account, and then the phone is disconnected, never had any option to talk to agent?

alldrops

Apr 11, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
31-07-2018
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
17-10-2018
any movement lately?

alldrops

Apr 11, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
31-07-2018
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
17-10-2018
Just a quick update: managed to call them today and they said they're still processing my background check, reviewing my eligibility and that my application is currently in the Ottawa Visa Office

Reactions: ennytoolz