25-1-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 17-03-2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
mega_option101 said:
In my opinion, the case workers are being reassigned to handle the Family class. I believe this is what is speeding up the process for us as they have already handled all the Syrian Refugees. I hope that it remains this way. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
I hope you are right. this year the quota for family reunions seems to have increased if i am not mistaken, and the total number for immigrants also increases. The government under the new leadership of the liberal party seems to be more welcoming to new immigrants.

mega_option101

Feb 5, 2016
Gatineau, Québec, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
Nomination.....
CSQ: 22-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-06-2016
Jameslong said:
I hope you are right. this year the quota for family reunions seems to have increased if i am not mistaken, and the total number for immigrants also increases. The government under the new leadership of the liberal party seems to be more welcoming to new immigrants.
It is expected to increase by 18% :)

From 68,000 to 80,000.

AG317

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
Doc's Request.
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
File Transfer...
29-03-2016
Med's Request
21-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-12-2015 Re-Done 23-03-2017
Passport Req..
31-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2017
LANDED..........
20-04-017
Hey guys, ok so I'm a little confused. I've been reading up on all of the 2015 Outland forums and I've stumbled upon a few cases where the sponsor was Permanent Resident and got SA but then ended up getting a letter from CIC denying the application because they left the country.
I understand that PRs have to be living in Canada to sponsor. But how does CIC 1) find out they left. I thought they don't check exits, just entries 2) even if you left, maybe you're just out for a 2 week vacation?

Canadianinbrazil

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA 15-04-2016 AOR2 22-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2015
Passport Req..
17-10-16
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-16
LANDED..........
15-11-16
Jaytheo40 said:
Hi there - well I'm a canadian citizen sponsoring my wife who lives in São Paulo. I'm actually visiting her in Brazil now for the next 2 weeks. We submitted our application feb 9 2016 so we should be hearing from this week for AOR. We will be processing thru the São Paulo office and I've heard it's one of the quickest VO processing times. Let you know how we are doing and you should be very close behind us in processing times. Wish you all the best.

John
Toronto Canada
Thank you John! Have a wonderful time and I hope the weather is good to you (it has been quite rainy lately). Keep me updated and I will do the same!

NLman83

Jan 5, 2016
this is for AG317; CIC states the following:

Situation 1. Accompanying a Canadian citizen outside Canada

You may count each day that you accompanied a Canadian citizen outside Canada provided that the person you accompanied is your spouse, common-law partner or parent (if you are a child under 19 years of age).

Evidence required

You must provide supporting documents to prove that:

The person you are accompanying is a Canadian citizen; and
You are the spouse, common-law partner or child of that person.

So, if your sponsor is a permanent resident outside of canada, and the sponosored person aswell; then it is correct, you loose the PR; if you are a Canadian Citizen living with your partner, who has PR, it's like living in Canada, as is my (i being the Canadian Citizen) and my partner being the PR holder; no issues here.

Shantaveli

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
AG317 said:
Hey guys, ok so I'm a little confused. I've been reading up on all of the 2015 Outland forums and I've stumbled upon a few cases where the sponsor was Permanent Resident and got SA but then ended up getting a letter from CIC denying the application because they left the country.
I understand that PRs have to be living in Canada to sponsor. But how does CIC 1) find out they left. I thought they don't check exits, just entries 2) even if you left, maybe you're just out for a 2 week vacation?
My lawyer says it's not a problem to go on vacation. But I personally think CIC has other definition of time spent out of the country. So what's considered vacation and leaving the country? 2 weeks, 2 months or as the law requires to live in Canada at least 6 months each year to keep the PR.

Ema2000

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016 send
Doc's Request.
17-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 upfront
LANDED..........
11-06-2016 flagpole
Why is it better to send the Application over a courier service?

and which is the best Courier service or is it doesn't matter?

FedEx?

and another question:
It is outland Common Law Application - how do they know it is outland?
I had not not write anywhere outland? do they know because the Forms IMM are different?
OR DO I HAVE TO WRITE IT SOMEWHERE OUTLAND - maybe on a front letter???

thanks
:)

okay one more question: on the sponsor and the applicant checklist are sometimes the same forms - what did you do did you told them you can find them in the Applicant envelop with all the forms? or did you put a copy there?
I know I ask this before somewhere but I am still not sure how I do that!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Courier service so that you can track it and know exactly when it was received. There has been some horror stories about Canada Express post, so if you want a peace of mind use Purolator, DHL, Loomis etc. And for th price of posting, it's best if you call them or to their offices or check online. And by all means write on the envelop Outland Spousal Sponsorship.

Emma your second questions was answered on another thread you created...you DON'T need to duplicate. Are arrange your sponsor forms and supporting documents as per the sponsor checklist and same for the applicant forms and checklist. They will figure it out themselves. Remember you are posting it as one package. The proof of relationship can be third bundle/envelope.

*Mandie*

Ema2000

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016 send
Doc's Request.
17-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 upfront
LANDED..........
11-06-2016 flagpole
thanks mandie you are right ..sorry!
I am just nearly done but still so unsure :)

okay I have to trust them ..they are smart at the immigration ;)

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
mandiebraxton said:
Courier service so that you can track it and know exactly when it was received. There has been some horror stories about Canada Express post, so if you want a peace of mind use Purolator, DHL, Loomis etc. And for th price of posting, it's best if you call them or to their offices or check online. And by all means write on the envelop Outland Spousal Sponsorship.

Emma your second questions was answered on another thread you created...you DON'T need to duplicate. Are arrange your sponsor forms and supporting documents as per the sponsor checklist and same for the applicant forms and checklist. They will figure it out themselves. Remember you are posting it as one package. The proof of relationship can be third bundle/envelope.

*Mandie*
Ohh crap! My husband never wrote outland spousal sponsorship on the envelope, because there's an address for outland and one for inland. :( :eek: ??? :'( :-\ :-X
My level of anxiety increases every time I find a new mistake on our application.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
JJ628 said:
Ohh crap! My husband never wrote outland spousal sponsorship on the envelope, because there's an address for outland and one for inland. :( :eek: ??? :'( :-\ :-X
My level of anxiety increases every time I find a new mistake on our application.
Please don't lose sleep over this... You will be just fine. They have people in the mail room to sort applications out.
*Mandie*

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
NLman83 said:
this is for AG317; CIC states the following:

Situation 1. Accompanying a Canadian citizen outside Canada

You may count each day that you accompanied a Canadian citizen outside Canada provided that the person you accompanied is your spouse, common-law partner or parent (if you are a child under 19 years of age).

Evidence required

You must provide supporting documents to prove that:

The person you are accompanying is a Canadian citizen; and
You are the spouse, common-law partner or child of that person.

So, if your sponsor is a permanent resident outside of canada, and the sponosored person aswell; then it is correct, you loose the PR; if you are a Canadian Citizen living with your partner, who has PR, it's like living in Canada, as is my (i being the Canadian Citizen) and my partner being the PR holder; no issues here.
This is great , I thought I need to wait for 2years before I can visit my home country(Philippine) after landed as PR in GOd's will. My husband a Canadian (sponsor).so that's mean we can travel together outside Canada?

Charno

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/02/2016
Doc's Request.
27/09/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2016
File Transfer...
SA: 31/03/2016 AOR2: 08/04/2016
Med's Done....
14/01/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 24/10/2016
AOR received by email today (March 15th)!
(Application was received by CPC-Mississauga on February 3rd.)

Hoping that all of you who are waiting get some news soon! ;)

msblithe

Jan 21, 2016
Hi guys... Glad to find this post. I'm March applicant. My husband will be submitting our spousal visa application this week.
Just like to ask if anyone knows about my concern. I used my maiden name in the application. Im planning to update my passport with my husband's last name ASAP and send the update to vis office.

Do u think doing so can delay our application?
By the way, my husband is a canadian citizen. Thank u

Love my Hubby

Mar 3, 2016
Officer said:
WELCOME TO FEBRUARY 2016 SPOUSAL APPLICANTS FORUM:

All the applicants and sponsors can start this forum with understanding of outland spousal process;

1. SPONSOR expectation during the first step:

a. AOR1 or Application package will be sent back for lack of important document
b. request for missing document or updated document - based on your spousal application
c. Medical, CIC payment, required application forms and Police report check
d. SA = Sponsor Approval email or letter

2. SPONSORED APPLICANT expectation during the second step:

e. AOR2 - from Visa Office
f. missing or updated document request - based on case to case
g. eligibility and criminality check
h. Interview - based on case to case
i. passport request for visa