+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Citizenship Applicantions

tlroh

May 8, 2014
Hi everybody

I am new in this forum. My situation is peculiar. 1st I sent them my application in Dec 2012 after completing the mandatory residency requirements. After 3 months they returned the application stating that I have to include the proof of language proficiency even though this requirement was not there when I applied. I had only 6 months to go for completing my under-grad from University of Toronto. I waited for 6 months and again in July 2013 I submitted a fresh application where I included the transcripts from the University. I kept on checking whether the status was appearing in the eCAS and in January 2014 I went to the CIC office in Toronto since I couldn't get through to them in the call centre. They told me that there was a possibility that my application is misplaced since there that was a huge backlog. They suggested that in case I did not receive any acknowledgement even after 6 months I should prepare a fresh application package and send it. Accordingly I prepared a fresh package is on February 2, 2014 and the application reached Sydney on February 7 2014. In the meantime there was also an increase in the fee and I included the increased fee along with the application.

In the meantime, I had applied for my renewal of PR card which I have received and the only thing that is appearing in the eCAS are information about PR card renewal and there is nothing about my citizenship application. Other than trying to get through to the call centre what do you guys suggest I should do.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
My application was received in 12 Feb 2014. So far received line not disappeared. Also under in process when I click I see only 2 line. application received and AOR send. What about line 3? its not appearing..

is this normal as some of our friends already ahead and having received line disappeared and in process line 3 appearing..

Please give me your suggestion and experience

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
tlroh said:
Hi everybody

I am new in this forum. My situation is peculiar. 1st I sent them my application in Dec 2012 after completing the mandatory residency requirements. After 3 months they returned the application stating that I have to include the proof of language proficiency even though this requirement was not there when I applied. I had only 6 months to go for completing my under-grad from University of Toronto. I waited for 6 months and again in July 2013 I submitted a fresh application where I included the transcripts from the University. I kept on checking whether the status was appearing in the eCAS and in January 2014 I went to the CIC office in Toronto since I couldn't get through to them in the call centre. They told me that there was a possibility that my application is misplaced since there that was a huge backlog. They suggested that in case I did not receive any acknowledgement even after 6 months I should prepare a fresh application package and send it. Accordingly I prepared a fresh package is on February 2, 2014 and the application reached Sydney on February 7 2014. In the meantime there was also an increase in the fee and I included the increased fee along with the application.

In the meantime, I had applied for my renewal of PR card which I have received and the only thing that is appearing in the eCAS are information about PR card renewal and there is nothing about my citizenship application. Other than trying to get through to the call centre what do you guys suggest I should do.
Hi there,

I'm afraid there is not much else to do in my humble opinion! If it was received by that date, then your eCas info should have been updated by end of March.

It's really unacceptable that the application was lost (once, not even twice) especially if you have the Canada Post tracking details!

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
blueshirt said:
My application was received in 12 Feb 2014. So far received line not disappeared. Also under in process when I click I see only 2 line. application received and AOR send. What about line 3? its not appearing..

is this normal as some of our friends already ahead and having received line disappeared and in process line 3 appearing..

Please give me your suggestion and experience
There are various speculations as to where the received line disappears. Some say it's because the file is being "processed" by an agent, or because it has been updated internally. Some others say that it's because the file has been moved to the local office for "local" processing.... Some others simply think it's a timer: After some time the old line tends to "disappear".

What's certain is that that receiving line is not disappearing at the same time for everyone, judging by the information provided by various folks. I'm personally more incline to think that the first or second reasons are more likely, simply because I've been scanning the various spreadsheets and it appears that the NS/Halifax-based folks or the ON/Mississauga-based folks have been reporting it disappeared for them before anyone else.

Again, these are all speculations! I haven't seen any official confirmation on the CIC website nor when people spoke with immigration agents.

Hope that helps!

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As of today we havent received a book with AOR I decided to call CIC and asked them why it is taking such a long time to get those things. Got a simple reply - even if you wont get it , it is not a problem, we can send you a book by email or you can download it from the website & print it and AOR you don't need, you can printout screenshot from website as a prove that your application is in process and we WONT send you a new copy of AOR and book. All I could say - thank you very much and have a good day. :)

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Hi friends,
Please keep this thread alive..i see very few replies...

I applied Feb 12, 2014. Got my AOR on April 7, 2014.

As of today I see below only on my ECASE

Application received
- You have submitted one or more application fees and its been received by CIC

Application in-process
- Received application on Feb 12, 2014
- AOR send on Feb 12, 2014

No line 3 which most people get that your application has been started in-process so and so date...

Is anyone in same boat as me?? no line 3(in process commence date)

my local office should be Mississauga as I live in Mississauga.. I heard Mississauga office are champions in processing and they don't do unnecessary delays and keep application on shelf collecting dust... what you say? why things seems to slow down and freeze these days? is it vacation time and officer shortage at work?

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
blueshirt said:
Hi friends,

Application received

Application in-process

No line 3 which most people get that your application has been started in-process so and so date...

my local office should be Mississauga as I live in Mississauga.. I heard Mississauga office are champions in processing and they don't do unnecessary delays and keep application on shelf collecting dust... what you say? why things seems to slow down and freeze these days? is it vacation time and officer shortage at work?
I guess the reason why this forum has been quite lately because most of us are still waiting for good news and updates from our local offices. My local office is Edmonton and I heard that is one of the slowest offices (sigh) so no update yet.

itsmytrack

Jan 31, 2014
blueshirt said:
Hi friends,

Application received

Application in-process

I am in same boat as you; just line 2, and I live in Mississauga too.
Hope everything goes smooth.
Good luck everyone!!

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
I have checked the Google Sheet maintained by kelshaer, some people have reported that famous "received line" disappearing although I'm not sure if that means anything.

Also, noticing that the December and January folks have not had any tests/oaths yet, I guess not much will happen to anyone before 6 months, so targeting August at best... But that's my personal estimation. :)

Have a great evening, everyone.

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Received line disappeared, this week.,

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
question No1.

Hi I submitted my application on Feb 11, 2014, I got my in process date on Ecase as 13-May-2014. The received line disappeared today morning around mid night..

the gap between in process date and receive line disappear is 3 days. what does that mean? has my file being transferred to local office. Or has my background check been completed?

Please shed some lights especially oct/nov/dec/jan applicants as they might have better idea.

I have another question lets say question No2.

question No2.
I have renewed my PR card and received in Aug 2013. My file was originally send to Missisauga, due to work load there transferred to Hamilton and there also due to work load it got transferred to Kitchener.

My question is does the Citizenship application get assigned to same officer who last did the PR renewal to make the process straightened and fast as he might have all history of me. in my PR renewal I submitted RQ. so what are my chances that my Citizenship app goes to same office same officer or will it go to Mississauga this time.

opps I got question 3 as well while writing question 2

question3: My friend is from Mississauga and he got his test at St clair office whey he got transferred there why not missississauga... in my case will I be transferred to Mississauga or Kitchener where I had my last PR renewal?

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Just wanted to participate in this thread.

They received my application on Feb 28 2014
Started processing it on April 8, 2014
and received the study guide on May 16. Not sure why it took so long to arrive. I thought it had been lost and they had sent me one through email, but I finally got it in the mail yesterday :)

Oh and I am in Vancouver.

Will call on Tuesday and see if they have transferred my file yet or not.

Ferry313

Feb 13, 2014
Hi everyone
Application recieved February 13
In process march 24
Acknowledge letter April 7
Recieved line disappeared May 17
Good luck to everyone