+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2011 applicants here!!

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Yeah Beetle and BankokCanuck.

We got a letter requesting more information. Not as good as PPR but better than nothing I guess.

L

lala2010

MY HUSBAND GOT HIS PPR!!!!!!!!!

I didn't expect it this soon but OMG I'm soooo happy!

Good luck to everyone!

L

lala2010

I just checked our ECAS and it has now changed to "in process". It says they started processing it on July 29. Since we received our PPR on August 1st a two day turn around (excluding the weekend) is great! I guess it just goes to show all of the time spent organizing the application before sending it in really helped!

Good luck everyone!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Congratulations, lala2010, good timing by Moscow!

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
I hope every member of the February Crew is having a great weekend because it is getting down right depressing right now what with the waiting for CAIPS and having to get extra docs.

And our lawyer tells us our IO is known for being a hardass on gay couples. Just great.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts... We will all get to Canada eventually.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
GetUsHome said:
I hope every member of the February Crew is having a great weekend because it is getting down right depressing right now what with the waiting for CAIPS and having to get extra docs.

And our lawyer tells us our IO is known for being a hardass on gay couples. Just great.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts... We will all get to Canada eventually.
I find it hard to believe that your lawyer would have any facts to back up such a claim and if he/she did I am curious why formal complaints have not been filed. Regardless of where one stands on the whole gay marriage issue if legally and technically it is not supposed to having any bearing on the application then I would hope to hell that you or someone else would follow up get on confirmation of that claim to have it dealt with by the powers that be.

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Why wouldn't he know? We the immigrants and sponsors are the only ones operating in a vacuum. The guys that make their living off the immigration industry are all known to each other just like in any other industry.

He called a co-worker to ask about IO and other lawyer had had multiple dealings with IO on same issue all happily resolved of course.

Not saying IO is bad guy just a hard ass on his particular bête noire. Luck of the draw for us.

Bangkokcanuck said:
I find it hard to believe that your lawyer would have any facts to back up such a claim and if he/she did I am curious why formal complaints have not been filed. Regardless of where one stands on the whole gay marriage issue if legally and technically it is not supposed to having any bearing on the application then I would hope to hell that you or someone else would follow up get on confirmation of that claim to have it dealt with by the powers that be.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
GetUsHome said:
Why wouldn't he know? We the immigrants and sponsors are the only ones operating in a vacuum. The guys that make their living off the immigration industry are all known to each other just like in any other industry.

He called a co-worker to ask about IO and other lawyer had had multiple dealings with IO on same issue all happily resolved of course.

Not saying IO is bad guy just a hard ass on his particular bête noire. Luck of the draw for us.
Ok then so a friend of your lawyer knows the guy and knows a few cases.. hardly what I would call a large sampling nor would I call that proven stats.. but that's just me and your response is "luck of the draw" wow.... ok then... good luck to ya...

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
It was a fellow lawyer at the firm.

It is just simple math. If for example you have a 5 lawyer team doing 10 cases each a month to an VO that has 50 IOs it doesn't take long for those 5 lawyers to accumulate a combined knowledge base about their professional adversaries the IOs.

They know IO Smith is anal about phone records, IO Jones is good for a second medical, IO Rogers is retiring in September, etc.

Surely, it is the same in your industry? You know your professional adversaries, your customer base, the tricks of the trade, etc?

Bangkokcanuck said:
Ok then so a friend of your lawyer knows the guy and knows a few cases.. hardly what I would call a large sampling nor would I call that proven stats.. but that's just me and your response is "luck of the draw" wow.... ok then... good luck to ya...

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
deepiv said:
OMG IM SOO HAPPY I CHECKED ECAS TODAY AND IT SAID

We received your application to sponsor YOUR JAN on January 27, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 23, 2011.

We returned your application with a letter on February 23, 2011. You may re-apply or resubmit your application when the information requested is provided. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
\

We received the application that you resubmitted on March 29, 2011.

We sent you a letter on April 4, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

DOES THIS MEAN THEY SENT IT TO NEW DELHII>?????????

IM SOO HAPPPY
hey deepiv i know i dont belong in this tread but since you faced an interview what did the vo asked you i mean what kind of question he/she asked..can u share that with me pls cause my hubby have to face an interview as well just want to get an idea so that he can be prepaird for the interview thanks god bless good luck

hgg

Aug 31, 2010
Any Applicant whose Visa Office is ABU DHABI?Lets us share timeline here

Hello!

Any applicant whose visa office is in Abu Dhabi?i submitted my application last December 23,2011 at ABU DHABI.Those who applied thru ABU DHABI office please us make a forum here..

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
GetUsHome said:
It was a fellow lawyer at the firm.

It is just simple math. If for example you have a 5 lawyer team doing 10 cases each a month to an VO that has 50 IOs it doesn't take long for those 5 lawyers to accumulate a combined knowledge base about their professional adversaries the IOs.

They know IO Smith is anal about phone records, IO Jones is good for a second medical, IO Rogers is retiring in September, etc.

Surely, it is the same in your industry? You know your professional adversaries, your customer base, the tricks of the trade, etc?
Like I originally said I think you are missing the point... if your group of lawyers believe that a particular IO is harder on Gay couples that is a problem as it goes against everything Canada stands for. I am not sure how you can compare a guy wanting to make sure all the phone records are accounted for, or that another lawyer likes to drag his/her feet and you end up needing a second medical to a guy make gay couples jump through extra or overly tight hoops... just doesn't still well with me.. if you are ok with it, its your case and life so as I said good luck to you I hope it works out.. I would not just accept it as you have... but hey that's me... you know when I last lived in Canada my next door neighbours were a male gay couple and they were the two biggest "insert your own insulting word here" on the planet, but I sure would never assume all gay couples are like those two were. Simply meaning I don't think them being gay had anything to do with what a pair of morons they were.. so I don't think being gay should have any bearing on a PR application, I guess I need to join the real world a little more.

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Truly this is not some great international incident it is just business. Like I said this OI's quirk. You work with it, around it, through it, whatever.

We have a complicated case and we didn't get the best IO suited for our needs. It happens. So we work a little harder.

From the lawyers' perspective there is no reason to want to get rid of the IO. Why would a lawyer want to get rid of a known entity if they knew how to manage it as a resource to get their end results? Better the devil you know than the one you don't.

As a sponsor and immigrant we are only doing this once so the IO will not piss us off enough to do anything about it even if we felt we were wronged. Which we don't.

I thank you for your concern but this is just an inconvenience for us and nothing more. We are very lucky to be together so if we are in the US a few more months so be it.

Bangkokcanuck said:
Like I originally said I think you are missing the point... if your group of lawyers believe that a particular IO is harder on Gay couples that is a problem as it goes against everything Canada stands for. I am not sure how you can compare a guy wanting to make sure all the phone records are accounted for, or that another lawyer likes to drag his/her feet and you end up needing a second medical to a guy make gay couples jump through extra or overly tight hoops... just doesn't still well with me.. if you are ok with it, its your case and life so as I said good luck to you I hope it works out.. I would not just accept it as you have... but hey that's me... you know when I last lived in Canada my next door neighbours were a male gay couple and they were the two biggest "insert your own insulting word here" on the planet, but I sure would never assume all gay couples are like those two were. Simply meaning I don't think them being gay had anything to do with what a pair of morons they were.. so I don't think being gay should have any bearing on a PR application, I guess I need to join the real world a little more.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
GetUsHome said:
Truly this is not some great international incident it is just business. Like I said this OI's quirk. You work with it, around it, through it, whatever.

We have a complicated case and we didn't get the best IO suited for our needs. It happens. So we work a little harder.

From the lawyers' perspective there is no reason to want to get rid of the IO. Why would a lawyer want to get rid of a known entity if they knew how to manage it as a resource to get their end results? Better the devil you know than the one you don't.

As a sponsor and immigrant we are only doing this once so the IO will not piss us off enough to do anything about it even if we felt we were wronged. Which we don't.

I thank you for your concern but this is just an inconvenience for us and nothing more. We are very lucky to be together so if we are in the US a few more months so be it.
Whatever works for you is great, like I said hope it all works out and good luck... hope you get to the Great White North sooner rather than later.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Ive been In the Buffalo forum thaught I would stop by here.I havent heard one word yet except they didnt have my medical exams.So after emailing them and telling them when they were sent by the doctor they replied and said they have been located.I havent seen one ecas update or any kind of contact from Buffalo.