+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2015 citizenship applicants

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
Heartiest congratulations Samreentariq !

uote author=samreentariq link=topic=268298.msg4780475#msg4780475 date=1447686305]
Well Friends,

On Friday 13th November I took the Oath and finally became a citizen. It was an emotional moment for me personally it concluded a 10 year journey, I came to this great country when I was 19 as a student, over the course of a decade my high points kept changing from Graduation to landing my first job to struggles of a sluggish economy, but keeping focused on my goal I finally became a PR and now I have completed the entire journey I was quiet emotional.

The ceremony started a little after 11:00, at the counter they checked my COPR took my PR card and Prohibitions form. After being seated the CJ entered and delivered a speech, he added in some good spots on weather and how this was an amazing journey for all of us, we then said the OATH, lined up to get our citizenship certificate and finally sang the national anthem as new and proud Canadians. The whole ceremony lasted just a little over an hour after which we were told to wait 2 business days before applying for Passport which will be coming Wednesday for me.

I have to thank esteemed members for all the support and helpful suggestions I learned a lot about the process and to all who are waiting best of luck the process has improved significantly compared to past years so have some patience and I pray for all to enjoy the emotional moment of when you take the OATH and take your Canadian Citizenship Certificate and reminisce your journey whether easy or hard it will be complete.
[/quote]

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats samreentariq

quote author=samreentariq link=topic=268298.msg4780475#msg4780475 date=1447686305]
Well Friends,

On Friday 13th November I took the Oath and finally became a citizen. It was an emotional moment for me personally it concluded a 10 year journey, I came to this great country when I was 19 as a student, over the course of a decade my high points kept changing from Graduation to landing my first job to struggles of a sluggish economy, but keeping focused on my goal I finally became a PR and now I have completed the entire journey I was quiet emotional.

The ceremony started a little after 11:00, at the counter they checked my COPR took my PR card and Prohibitions form. After being seated the CJ entered and delivered a speech, he added in some good spots on weather and how this was an amazing journey for all of us, we then said the OATH, lined up to get our citizenship certificate and finally sang the national anthem as new and proud Canadians. The whole ceremony lasted just a little over an hour after which we were told to wait 2 business days before applying for Passport which will be coming Wednesday for me.

I have to thank esteemed members for all the support and helpful suggestions I learned a lot about the process and to all who are waiting best of luck the process has improved significantly compared to past years so have some patience and I pray for all to enjoy the emotional moment of when you take the OATH and take your Canadian Citizenship Certificate and reminisce your journey whether easy or hard it will be complete.
[/quote]

YG

Mar 5, 2015
cedarjet said:
We sent you a notice on November 14, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 2, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

After almost 4 months and a half of DM, this show on ECAS this morning. Finally. I received Test Invitation online. but not oath invitation.
Yey! Mabrouk mabrouk!!!!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
samreentariq said:
Well Friends,

First of all, congratulations.

I came to Canada at the same age but didn't feel a thing while taking oath (perhaps it's a guy thing). No racism here!!! I was just happy to finally get over with all sort of CIC applications (visa, visa extension, study permit extension, co-op work permits, PGWP, PNP, PR, Citizenship etc.). Wait! I still don't have the Canadian passport. All 3 of us (my 8 month old daughter, my wife and I) applied yesterday. I think I cannot ever be done with CIC as I applied for PGP for my mom this year.

MelaviaC

Oct 20, 2015
Took my oath today and finally finished this journey.

I received lots of great advises and info from this thread, although I never post here before. I thought it would be appropriate to share my experience.

Single Applicant, Mississauga Office (Downtown Toronto)
Feb 9, 15 - Application sent
Mar 10, 15 - Received Acknowledgement letter
May 14, 15 - Start Processing
June 09, 15 - File transferred to local office
Sept 29, 15 - Received Test invitation for October 20, 2015
Nov 03, 15 - Oath Invitation for November 17, 2015

I requested a case report back in August and received it about a month later (mid September). My report showed the local office is Mississauga and that my file had been sitting on the "to be tested" pile since July 24, 2015. For whatever reason, it took me over 4 months to do the test since my file was transferred to the local office.

I originally had my vacation planned from Oct 16 to Nov 1. But I had to reschedule my flight because of the test. I read a similar case here on this thread and am very glad that I found such valuable info.

Surprisingly, the oath invitation barely took 2 weeks. When I went through the interview, the officer said it would take a couple of months. I really don't understand how the Mississauga office operates but overall, the process went quite smoothly. Up until yesterday, e-Cas still hasn't update my file about the oath but the status was changed to Decision Made a few days after my test.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
MelaviaC said:
Took my oath today and finally finished this journey.

I received lots of great advises and info from this thread, although I never post here before. I thought it would be appropriate to share my experience.

Single Applicant, Mississauga Office (Downtown Toronto)
Feb 9, 15 - Application sent
Mar 10, 15 - Received Acknowledgement letter
May 14, 15 - Start Processing
June 09, 15 - File transferred to local office
Sept 29, 15 - Received Test invitation for October 20, 2015
Nov 03, 15 - Oath Invitation for November 17, 2015

I requested a case report back in August and received it about a month later (mid September). My report showed the local office is Mississauga and that my file had been sitting on the "to be tested" pile since July 24, 2015. For whatever reason, it took me over 4 months to do the test since my file was transferred to the local office.

I originally had my vacation planned from Oct 16 to Nov 1. But I had to reschedule my flight because of the test. I read a similar case here on this thread and am very glad that I found such valuable info.

Surprisingly, the oath invitation barely took 2 weeks. When I went through the interview, the officer said it would take a couple of months. I really don't understand how the Mississauga office operates but overall, the process went quite smoothly. Up until yesterday, e-Cas still hasn't update my file about the oath but the status was changed to Decision Made a few days after my test.
Congratulations!

Ecas will eventually be updated to 'complete' but hey you don't need to worry about it, you got the certificate in hands! ;D

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
cprak0 said:
Just checked our eCAS and surprised to find DM and oath invite for Nov 26 10:30 am... Happy!!
So eCAS may not update to DM right away yet you may still get the oath invite within 2 months as
told at the interview...
Hi cprak0,

Many Congratulations.

Christine32

Star Member
Sep 3, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2009
Doc's Request.
14-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
IELTS Request
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2011
LANDED..........
19-May-2011
Hi Everyone,

My ecas has finally changed to Decision made this morning and it is now updated with the invite to the oath ceremony to be held on December 10th 8am. Paper notice was mailed to us on November 16th (haven't received it yet).
My son' s ecas shows still "in process" but his ecas was updated with the invite too. And of course my hubby's ecas shows the same.
It is encouraging for people who had to go through the fingerprint process that it does not delay the overall process too much.

Thank you for all the good advices and kindness, you guys rock!!

Good luck to all of you!!!
Christine

vic.aj

Star Member
Sep 16, 2011
Congrats Christine32!

To my own utter surprise, I have this morning received the online invitation for my own oath ceremony to be held on the 2nd December!

Montreal office(Test taken in Quebec city)
Application rcvd 19th Feb
Processing started 7th May
Test 31st August
Oath will be 2nd December