+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2015 citizenship applicants

wilpham

May 19, 2015
Just a quick update. File transferred to Mississauga, then again transferred to Scarborough office.Test at Scarborough and Oath at Seneca College-Markham Campus.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 13, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 21, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 6, 2015.
We sent you a notice on July 17, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 13, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on October 8, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 27, 2015 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
You became a Canadian citizen on October 27, 2015.

Journey completed. Good luck my friends.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
wilpham said:
Just a quick update. File transferred to Mississauga, then again transferred to Scarborough office.Test at Scarborough and Oath at Seneca College-Markham Campus.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 13, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 21, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 6, 2015.
We sent you a notice on July 17, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 13, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on October 8, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 27, 2015 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
You became a Canadian citizen on October 27, 2015.

Journey completed. Good luck my friends.
Congrats. I got my OATH letter today to take OATH on 13th Nov at Scarborough. Best of luck to all others.

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
Hi guys,

I just received my ATIP report.

Seniors, please tell me what should I be looking out for? Don't quite understand the report.

Many thanks in advance.

Asif_786

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone knows, if we cannot meet the test date what is the process to request a different date?

Thanks,
Asif

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Androse said:
Hi guys,

Seniors, please tell me what should I be looking out for? Don't quite understand the report.

Many thanks in advance.
What was it that you wanted to know with your ATIP? Check the latest dates for the updates.
You will be lucky if you had any triage values since they are all whited out...

Also depends on the stage of processing of your application. None of the security details
will be on it if they are still in the process of screening, if FP is requested or not, you could
get from the ATIP, transferred to local office is pretty clear... so yes, a long report filled with
acronyms that need to be decoded and yet mostly you don't get much if ordered early and
processing is normal...

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Asif_786 said:
Does anyone knows, if we cannot meet the test date what is the process to request a different date?

Thanks,
Asif
You will need to call the CIC call center and inform them that you cannot attend the given test date. It needs to be a valid reason as to why you cannot attend the current date and they will place you back in to wait for another date.

ROMA_1

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
cprak0 said:
What was it that you wanted to know with your ATIP? Check the latest dates for the updates.
You will be lucky if you had any triage values since they are all whited out...

Also depends on the stage of processing of your application. None of the security details
will be on it if they are still in the process of screening, if FP is requested or not, you could
get from the ATIP, transferred to local office is pretty clear... so yes, a long report filled with
acronyms that need to be decoded and yet mostly you don't get much if ordered early and
processing is normal...
What is meant by triage values ?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Androse said:
Hi guys,

Many thanks in advance.
What exactly are you confused about in the report?

Asif_786

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samreentariq said:
You will need to call the CIC call center and inform them that you cannot attend the given test date. It needs to be a valid reason as to why you cannot attend the current date and they will place you back in to wait for another date.
Thank you Samreen. Any idea how far the next date could be?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Asif_786 said:
Thank you Samreen. Any idea how far the next date could be?
No one can say the file will go back to the Rescheduled pile and it depends on the office how big that pile is.

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
Hello cprak0 and Samreen,

Thank you for replying.

These assessments have not started. I can see that the file has been transferred on the 27 of August (Location:Registry). That means it is the local office that will start these processes? How long does it usually take?

ASSESSMENTS
Knowledge: Not Started
Residence: Not Started
Language: Not Started
Prohibition: Not Started

What does it mean by Prohibition?

Criminality clearance, security clearance, RCMP screening, CSIS screening. Is security clearance and CSIS screening the same? Can't see any info under CSIS screening.

What is Triage? I only see a zero.

Is there anything else vital that I should look out for?

Thank you so much in advance.

jumanjix

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Had our Oath Taking yesterday!!! :D :D :D

For those who are still waiting, don't lose hope!

Although I don't see any schedule for Oath taking from my city anymore. Maybe December or Next year!

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Androse said:
Hello cprak0 and Samreen,

Thank you for replying.

These assessments have not started. I can see that the file has been transferred on the 27 of August (Location:Registry). That means it is the local office that will start these processes? How long does it usually take?

ASSESSMENTS
Knowledge: Not Started
Residence: Not Started
Language: Not Started
Prohibition: Not Started

What does it mean by Prohibition?

Criminality clearance, security clearance, RCMP screening, CSIS screening. Is security clearance and CSIS screening the same? Can't see any info under CSIS screening.

What is Triage? I only see a zero.

Is there anything else vital that I should look out for?

Thank you so much in advance.

Hi Androse,

Before the file is transferred from Sydney , NS to your local office the Sydney office initiates your Criminality check. This consists of two checks the RCMP check where RCMP runs your name and information against CPIC (RCMP database) to check your history, the second is a request to CSIS who I am guessing check for records on an international level. Due to the sensitivity of the CSIS information they are whited out, you will not see any updates for the CSIS section under article S21 or S22, if there are issues you will contacted for details.

While the Criminality Check is in progress your physical file is transferred to Local Office closest to you, In Registry means your local office has received your file and they are waiting for the Criminality check to complete. Once complete it will be assigned to a Citizenship Officer's queue who will set a time to invite you for test. Once you successfully complete the test and pass, your Knowledge section is considered Passed, Your interview next with the Officer will determine Residence, Language and Prohibition.

The Officer checks your passport stamps against your declared absences if no issues you pass Residence, Officer will ask you a few basic questions to see if you can converse and understand English which will mark you as Pass for Language and when you go for the Test you give you a new form called 'Prohibitions List' which you will need to fill out and sign declaring that you have no existing issues with the law, once you sign and hand that in it is a Pass for Prohibitions (This means a list of things which excludes you from being eligible for Citizenship).

Then they do a last check and if they have no reservations you are in another pile awaiting to be scheduled for Oath.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
has anyone ever travelled beween applying for citizenship to test/interview day? Do you have to translate the stamps if not in english for those travel dates even though they were not a part of the citizenship application? i have my test on Nov 13th, and i just realisefd i have travlled and i possiblity need the stamps translated.