samreentariq said:
Thank you!!!
We are sooooo excited!! ;D

godisgreat

Jun 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

How can I join September 2015 timeline post for Canadian Citizenship application .

Congratulations to all of you in advance.

Thank you

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
godisgreat said:
Hello

How can I join September 2015 timeline post for Canadian Citizenship application .

Congratulations to all of you in advance.

Thank you
you can join by entering your info in this group
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/september-2015-applicants-for-citizenship-t350623.0.html

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my ATIP today, does not make sense to me....there is soooo much details on it, from look of it seems like my file is in transit.

kimba409

Aug 25, 2015
akheya said:
Got my ATIP today, does not make sense to me....there is soooo much details on it, from look of it seems like my file is in transit.

Hi Akheya,
I got my ATIP today as well, and honestly all the information on it is really old because its based on the day that i applied (or atleast near to it). i had my test yesterday and the ATIP i received only has one triage (i think - as samreentariq explained) fulfilled - the security section.

i really think you'll have your test soon. i know people who've applied in april (much later than i did) and have their oath taking by october - it seems there is no set system for how this works.

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
kimba409 said:
Hi Akheya,
I got my ATIP today as well, and honestly all the information on it is really old because its based on the day that i applied (or atleast near to it). i had my test yesterday and the ATIP i received only has one triage (i think - as samreentariq explained) fulfilled - the security section.

i really think you'll have your test soon. i know people who've applied in april (much later than i did) and have their oath taking by october - it seems there is no set system for how this works.
Hi could u plz explain what is meant by: ATIP i received only has one triage (i think - as samreentariq explained) fulfilled - the security section.

kimba409

Aug 25, 2015
Hi NOBODYLIKEME,
here i am quoting samreentariqs msg from earlier regarding ATIP and criterias (i meant criteria not triage, sorry)
hope this helps

samreentariq said:
So I finally received my ATIP report today and at least I am able to trace how each section takes to a degree.

So as one can see as per my timeline I received my AoR on 11th March 2015 and my file was marked as In Process on 16th June 2015.

As per my recent ATIP report :

On 16th June 2015 CPC Sydney marked my paper file as 'In Transit' at 12:12:09 so my paper file was in the process of transferring close to my local office.
On 30th June 2015 Scarborough Citizenship Operations marked my paper file as 'In Registry' at 07:15:03.

The only note CPC-Sydney included in my file was C1 - Exception , a little bit of research mentioned the following as Triage Criteria or Risk Indicators :

Quote TRIAGE CRITERIA / RISK INDICATORS
- Applicant Characteristics:
A1 - Use of a suspect residential address.
A2 - NCB in FOSS, Warning or Note(s) in GCMS indicating a concern.
A3 - Previous citizenship applications which were not approved, withdrawn, abandoned, renounced or revoked.
A4 - Discrepancy in absences between citizenship application and CIC information during the relevant 4 years period.
A5 - Self-identified as a consultant, self-employed or unemployed, with any travel during the relevant 4 year period.
A6 - Absences to home country to sell land/property or to take care of ill family member during the relevant 4 year period.
A7 - Applicant has self declared having less than 1095 days of physical presence.

- Family Characteristics:
B1 - Child born outside Canada during the relevant 4 year period.
B2 - A child has made a non-concurrent minor application.

- Documents:
C1 - ID (provided in support of application) has been issued within 3 months of date of application.
C2 - Inconsistency between address on ID and address on application form.
C3 - Photograph and/or signature on the application do not resemble photograph and/or signature on identity document.
C4 - NPR time (non permanent resident time) has been used in the calculation of basic residence and the original entry data used does not appear on the IMM 1000, the Confirmation of Permanent Residence or in CIC records.

My Driver's License had took longer to be renewed a new one was issues on Jan 11th 2015, I application was received by CIC on Feb 2nd so the C1 indicator of one of the provided ID's being issued within 3 months of date of application is true, though I am not sure if it means deeper scrutiny to be done or just a point for the next officer to check more on.

Of all the criterias only Criminality has been marked as Passed

I see based on activity entry the the two types of Criminality clearances are CIT RCMP Screening and CIT CSIS Clearance both batches were sent out on 11th June 2015, so I believe CPC Sydney initiates these as my file was still in Sydney at this stage and they updated my status to In Process on 16th June.

The Criminality Section was marked as Passed on 17th July 2015.

The only extra point to note is that they added St. Clair CIC as my Secondary Office on 30th June 2015.

So here is where the time on my file was spent in Summary so far :

File Transfer from Sydney to Scarborough 16th June till 30th June - 14 Days
Criminality Check - Started by Sydney Office before File Transfer (Initiated on 11th June - Marked as passed on 17th July) - 37 days

So Criminal checks is the section that so far looks to be the most time and can vary from 1 to 2 months alone, before other sections are looked at least for my file. I guess it will be another month before the others are looked at so hopefully a test invite late Sep or early Oct.

kimba409

Aug 25, 2015
something i would like to mention to anyone taking the test soon -

PLEASE take the time to read the book atleast twice, thoroughly.
although the test is very easy - its only so if you've read the book.

its really the easiest way to ensure you'd pass, ofcourse practice apps are great but the book - a must!

i passed the test, but i focused more on practice questions rather than the actual book - theres so much material that even after attempting maybe 5000 questions there was so much material left over.

its not even about memorizing, if you've read it, then the test is simple enough for you to spot the answer solely based on the fact that you've read it atleast once before.

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kimba409 said:
something i would like to mention to anyone taking the test soon -

PLEASE take the time to read the book atleast twice, thoroughly.
although the test is very easy - its only so if you've read the book.

its really the easiest way to ensure you'd pass, ofcourse practice apps are great but the book - a must!

i passed the test, but i focused more on practice questions rather than the actual book - theres so much material that even after attempting maybe 5000 questions there was so much material left over.

its not even about memorizing, if you've read it, then the test is simple enough for you to spot the answer solely based on the fact that you've read it atleast once before.

hi kimba,
Thanks for the tips. My test is a week from now. I've been reading the book, listening to audio and doing the practice tests. Different combinations of ways to do it. I find the audio version of the book very slow. Takes an hour for a chapter if i run the audio, vs only 30 minutes if i read it directly.

What do u think is the best way?

kimba409

Aug 25, 2015
Hi Johanna125

samreentariq mentioned these youtube video lectures (that i found really helpful)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89QpJ_y7jlA

lectures 1 through 10 cover the book i believe.

i also think reading it will prove better when doing multiple choice questions

lastly i googled EVERY possible practice website and did questions - 100 at a time even.
theres also phone apps. the thing about diversifying your practice websites/apps is that you get a huge database as opposed to using only one and having questions repeated

whatever you do, just read the book well. dont skim over it, take the time to read it thoroughly. don't get me wrong, i certainly dont mean to scare you, the test isnt hard at all. just requires reading the book (like they've asked) on our part.
i wish you the very best.

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Father and younger brother received oath letter today. They applied one week after me and did the exam more than a month after me. ( check my timeline). I've been waiting more than 3 months since test and decision made almost 3 months.

Rehmanpk

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Nomination.....
17-11-2010
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
IELTS Request
Exampted
Med's Request
07-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
November 2011
LANDED..........
Jan 2012
Hi Guys,

I have received a letter from CIC requested some additional documents. There are no. of different additional requirements are mentioned in the letter besides a small square amongst those only two squares have checked mark. I have a little confusion, that I required to send only those which has checked mark or all of them that are mentioned.

Thanks

federiko

Jul 17, 2015
cedarjet said:
My Father and younger brother received oath letter today. They applied one week after me and did the exam more than a month after me. ( check my timeline). I've been waiting more than 3 months since test and decision made almost 3 months.
I dont know what is happening in Montreal office i' ve been waiting for more than 4 months after the test and no news yet...

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
federiko said:
I dont know what is happening in Montreal office i' ve been waiting for more than 4 months after the test and no news yet...
what is ur timeline? i guess it depends on the officer