+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2015 citizenship applicants

kimba409

Aug 25, 2015
Asif_786 said:
Hi,

I got a status change today -- following has been added to the status:

We sent you a notice on October 2, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

In the eve, I checked the mail and got the test invitation letter for 17th-OCT-2015. Meaning no time for test prep and havent received the book either :eek:

I have read comments related to test prep and are really helpful. However, I have question related to kids, my application was for myself and dependent kids. Is there anything related to kids that needs to be done? like do I need to carry them for test/interview?

BTW, m e-case status never showed statue like "transferred to local office ..."

Thanks,
Asif

Hi Asif, you do infact have plenty of time, just make sure to read the book thoroughly! there are also apps you could download on your phone to practice while in bed. i would suggest to download as many as possible. but the book is the ultimate resource. read more than twice would be my advice. its really not very long, and seems even shorter as the pdf version.

as for e-cas, lots of peoples doesnt update. so its not a big deal at all. but do make sure that you have your test date correct.

best of luck!

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
Hello Asif,
you can order the book on CIC website but I think it is too late. Try to attend a test preparation session at Immigrant Services Centre 7th Ave SW Calgary, if you are from Calgary. search for their upcoming sessions on their website. Read book many times and even the photos etc you never know what comes from which corner. there are youtube videos on citizenship preparation chapter1-10 and these are helpful too. Try to get on to online practice tests which will help you prepare properly.

Seweify

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TomTony said:
Any February GTA applicant still waiting for Test?
As far as I know, many GTA applicants are on hold...some of those who went in process in may/june are getting their tests in October....

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Looks fine to me.

Asif_786

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kimba409 said:
Hi Asif, you do infact have plenty of time, just make sure to read the book thoroughly! there are also apps you could download on your phone to practice while in bed. i would suggest to download as many as possible. but the book is the ultimate resource. read more than twice would be my advice. its really not very long, and seems even shorter as the pdf version.

as for e-cas, lots of peoples doesnt update. so its not a big deal at all. but do make sure that you have your test date correct.

best of luck!
Thanks for guidance. I have downloaded the PDF and couple of mobile apps to start with. Will be going through the book few times. Will update the forum soon...

Asif_786

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mehwish9 said:
Hello Asif,
you can order the book on CIC website but I think it is too late. Try to attend a test preparation session at Immigrant Services Centre 7th Ave SW Calgary, if you are from Calgary. search for their upcoming sessions on their website. Read book many times and even the photos etc you never know what comes from which corner. there are youtube videos on citizenship preparation chapter1-10 and these are helpful too. Try to get on to online practice tests which will help you prepare properly.
thank you for the tips. Have started working for it...

Asif_786

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cprak0 said:
2 weeks is standard. No time? 1 week is plenty. Booklet is not sent. Just download it. There's an audio version as well. Try several online tests as well. But make sure to read every line in the booklet, including rather especially the figure legends... Tests are not for kids. Don't have to any documents related to kids or kids with you.
thanks a lot for the help. have started preparing for the test.

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
Re: Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

« Reply #2876 on: October 08, 2015, 01:46:31 pm »

Quote Modify Remove

Hi,
good news today, e case changed to Decision made.

Just noticed a change on E case" Decision Made" today.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 9, 2015.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 11, 2015.

We started processing your application on April 27, 2015.We sent you a notice on September 2, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 17, 2015
Decion Made
E case changed today Oct 8, no letter yet, just written "decision mde"

hope to get invitation soon.

LOVECANADALOVE

Jun 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

me and my family going to apply for the citizenship.

CIC said for the minor, 2 pieces of ID, one of them should have photo on it.

my son is 13 years old.
he has PR card
health card (OHIP, no picture)
Passport.
will that work for him.??

someone please suggest

thank you very much

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
LOVECANADALOVE said:
Hello everyone,

me and my family going to apply for the citizenship.

CIC said for the minor, 2 pieces of ID, one of them should have photo on it.

my son is 13 years old.
he has PR card
health card (OHIP, no picture)
Passport.
will that work for him.??

someone please suggest

thank you very much
for my son I sent the PR card, the Health card and the school ID card