Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
WindsorFeb15Aspirant said:
Congrats Samreen! Good luck!
Thanks Windsor and Best of luck for your test on 3rd.

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i was trying and then there was a question under privacy act or govenrment something like that, wasnt sure which one to choose... privacy act was free and other one is $5, which one did you choose?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
akheya said:
i was trying and then there was a question under privacy act or govenrment something like that, wasnt sure which one to choose... privacy act was free and other one is $5, which one did you choose?
Privacy Act the Free one.

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think i messed up, i sent up license photocopy as a part of my application, which had my old address, i was checking thru all documents and saw that licenses scanned cope. i dont know if that gonna cause an issue :S

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Sent app in mid Feb. AOR in mid March. Transferred to local ofc end of May. Still haven't received any test invite. I'm from GTA/Mississauga. I'm starting to worry because I see Feb applicants getting test and oath notices already. Not sure what to do now. Should I order ATIP? FOIA? Please advise. Thanks.

kimba409

Aug 25, 2015
ok i dont know how to work this thing so ill direct the questions to akheya and johanna125

hi guys can i know where your office location would be?

ive been trying to keep uptodate with different peoples timelines,
but alot of people have already received their test dates even though my file has been in process longer
so i'm really worried.

it doesn't say where my office location is, but my mailing address is Toronto

my file went into processed June 1st and transferred June 5th

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated as i am super worried at this point.

Thanks!

kimba409

Aug 25, 2015
congrats samreen tariq! our timelines are just a week apart. very happy for you. and everyone else whose moving fwd. i hope it works out for the rest of us as well

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kimba409,

There are 3offices in GTA, stclairs,Scarborough and Mississauga. If your mailing address is Toronto chances are ur local office is St Claire. However mine technically is suupose to Mississauga but there are applicants here whose test and oath where in Scarborough even though it should be Mississauga ( I guess backlog).

My file is in process since June 3rd and nothing changed since, I am worried as well but trying to not rip my hair off.

For ATIP I put in my mailing address, since I have diff mailing n residential address as well.

Goodluck, we will be getting our test soon too.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
kimba409 said:
ok i dont know how to work this thing so ill direct the questions to akheya and johanna125

hi guys can i know where your office location would be?

ive been trying to keep uptodate with different peoples timelines,
but alot of people have already received their test dates even though my file has been in process longer
so i'm really worried.

it doesn't say where my office location is, but my mailing address is Toronto

my file went into processed June 1st and transferred June 5th

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated as i am super worried at this point.

Thanks!
Hi Kimba409,

As Akheya mentions GTA itself has 3 Local Offices and depending on where you actually stay the closest office is designated as your Local office, if you stay close to the downtown core your office would be St Clair. If you live west end it is Mississauga and East End is the Scarborough Office. Though depending on backlogs in either office files can be passed on between the 3 for processing so if you live downtown core you could have Test and Oath in Scarborough if the Scarb office is moving fast enough and clearing backlogs.

Now to your second part do not worry too much, CIC processes and works at its own pace and do not use the FIFO (First In First Out system). If I applied on Jan 28th and let's say you applied Jan 20th, CIC receive your file on Jan 23rd and My file on Feb 2nd there is roughly a week gap between us but it could be possible for me to go to In Process and your file might wait a bit depending on various circumstances no one here unless you are a CIC staff would know. So don't worry too much and let the process happen, if CIC needs things they will communicate with you. Enjoy what summer is left and be relaxed.

You can order ATIP like AKHEYA mentioned your address does not matter because if you choose the Electronic file option and provide an email address they will mail you your notes, so irrespective of what physical address you have it does not matter. ATIP processing is handled by a different department and there has been no corresponding evidence that ordering ATIP slows processing down on your file.

So Again relax let the process happen in 30 days when you get your ATIP you will have a better idea what stage your file is in.

kimba409

Aug 25, 2015
Okay i filled in an ATIP request as well.

Thank you SO much for your replies. It helped calm my nerves quite a bit.

Thank you again!

Akheya,yes i hope it works out for us all!

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
Finally my e-Cas was updated today - We sent you a notice on August 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 9, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Yay !!!!!! Finally.... Reading time begins from today.

Any tips for preparation?

WaitingForPR_09 said:
Checked my status today after a month and there is no change in the status... :( :( :(

Below is the line that I see in e-Cas which is same as a month ago. Today I have submitted the request for ATIP. The status does not tell me which local office my file is being transferred to. Is this normal? Anyone else has same line in their status?

"Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 23, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you."

I did go out of Canada for 3 weeks vacation in Jun and did not inform them about the visit. Could this be a reason for delay?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
WaitingForPR_09 said:
Finally my e-Cas was updated today - We sent you a notice on August 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 9, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Yay !!!!!! Finally.... Reading time begins from today.

Any tips for preparation?
Congrats we are writing the exam on the same day it seems. My approach is this :

1) Start by reading the Citizenship book at least once( I will read it twice) - Make sure to read everything even the picture messages.

2) Watch the citizenship video posted here which summarizes sections of the book you will learn :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA_kBhBkaMXLFteh-MC_Gaw

You want to read the Canadian Citizenship Exam Lecture series from chapter 1 - 10.

3) Following this you can take the practice tests located at :

a) http://citizenshipcounts.ca/ and
b) http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

4) Once you have come that far you should be more than comfortable with all the material you can read the book once more 2 days before the test.