IELTS Request
Exampted
Med's Request
07-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
November 2011
LANDED..........
Jan 2012
Why the applications are not moving on to IP? When we look at the time line that show it takes few days.

John_Dorry

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have called CIC today in order to check if they received complementary documents I had to send.

When the agent checked my file, she told me that she's not able to see that the documents were received..

But she told me : don't worry, I can see that your application is IN PROCESS... I double checked with her if it is Received or In process, and she repeted : in process.

My Ecas still shows "received".

So, I think that all Ecas are not showing the exact information.

And for information, on CIC website there is still this message :

note that some citizenship applicants are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our e-Client Application Status online tool. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may refer to the processing times web page for an estimate of how long it may take to process your application. Thank you for your patience.

John_Dorry

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passion2015 said:
What is the contact # of Cic to contact as I want to contact them as I have no Aor yet which wax received on feb 20
(888) 242-2100

For Citizenship, press 4, then 1, and finally 0 to talk with an agent

Rehmanpk

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Nomination.....
17-11-2010
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
IELTS Request
Exampted
Med's Request
07-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
November 2011
LANDED..........
Jan 2012
John Dorry, thanks for sharing your experience and your prompt response.

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
John_Dorry said:
Hi all,

I have called CIC today in order to check if they received complementary documents I had to send.

When the agent checked my file, she told me that she's not able to see that the documents were received..

But she told me : don't worry, I can see that your application is IN PROCESS... I double checked with her if it is Received or In process, and she repeted : in process.

My Ecas still shows "received".

So, I think that all Ecas are not showing the exact information.

And for information, on CIC website there is still this message :

note that some citizenship applicants are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our e-Client Application Status online tool. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may refer to the processing times web page for an estimate of how long it may take to process your application. Thank you for your patience.

Did they tell you the date that your application went in process?

Ali

jbcanada

Feb 11, 2015
Hi Guys,

New to the forum here.My time line for citizenship application are as follows.
>Application (Family) sent on 21st Feb 2015 by Canada post (from Toronto )
>Application received on 26th Feb 2015.
>AOR received by email on 25th March 2015.

Best of luck to all!!

Thanks

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
John_Dorry said:
No, they did not. Maybe I should call them back and ask them... What do you think ?
It would be a good idea since i applied from montreal as well and during the same time period as you. ( just to get an idea how fast it is for montreal).

I called them today and they said nothing changed yet so I'm still in Received

Ali

amissa

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
John_Dorry said:
No, they did not. Maybe I should call them back and ask them... What do you think ?
Hope that your application is In process, but CIC agents are well known for giving contradictory information. I always call to confirm any info giving by call center. In case after the second call I get a different story, I call again.

paul911

Jun 1, 2011
my wife's ecas is now working:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 26, 2015.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 20, 2015.

I don't think we have an entry made yet on the spreadsheet. Please create one :)

John_Dorry

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amissa said:
Hope that your application is In process, but CIC agents are well known for giving contradictory information. I always call to confirm any info giving by call center. In case after the second call I get a different story, I call again.
I will call tomorrow and will let you know.

Maverick2k4

May 28, 2008
Maverick2k4 said:
Hi All,

I sent my application through Canada Post on Feb 09.

Canada Post tracking system shows that my application was delivered on Feb 11. By mistake I didn't ask for signature on delivery :(

I've not received any response (AOR email or returned application) from CIC.

Can anyone please tell me if there is anything I can do except waiting?

Thanks!
So I called the CIC today and they said they can't find the application in their system.

Agent asked me to wait 3 weeks before calling to see if application was returned back to me for missing any information...

My question is:
If application is returned to me for missing any information...does it still show up in CIC system?

And how long it take takes to get application back if its indeed returned?

Thanks!

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverick2k4 said:
So I called the CIC today and they said they can't find the application in their system.

Agent asked me to wait 3 weeks before calling to see if application was returned back to me for missing any information...

My question is:
If application is returned to me for missing any information...does it still show up in CIC system?

And how long it take takes to get application back if its indeed returned?

Thanks!
No, returned applications do not show in their system. They enter your application in the system only if it is complete, and they send you an AOR by email (or by mail if you didn't provide an email address in your application form).
Usually application returns happen pretty fast (less than 3 weeks, 1 month maximum). I see that you applied on Feb. 9th. Therefore if your application was incomplete it would have been returned to you long time ago (beginning of March). Unless it got lost by Post Canada (regular mail) on its way back to you, which is possible but very very unlikely. I can only advise you to wait for your AOR. Do not worry. My theory is that they check all applications for completeness at first. Then they return the incomplete ones right away, and they put the complete ones on a queue and start sending out the AORs of those and entering them in the system. If you don't receive your application back after a month, then you can assume it is complete and just waiting for its turn to be entered in the system and AORed. Don't you worry. It took me 88 days to receive my AOR and the "absolute maximum" seems to be 120 days (4 months). Therefore if you don't get anything after 120 days then start thinking of submitting a 2nd application with a cover letter explaining that you already submitted a first one etc. You can also check your eCAS from time to time with your UCI number. I have seen an instance where eCAS got activated without AOR received...