+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2015 citizenship applicants

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Aspat said:
Do you think adding more documents than requested would be a problem? Have you heard of any such incidents?

There are contradicting viewpoints on this issue on this forum.

I sent only what was requested but considering I'm a homemaker with no work or education history in my '4 years', I'm beginning to wonder if that was a right decision. (Too late to do anything about it anyway :)). Reading about a homemaker applicant who was issued an RQ on another thread just went on strengthen my doubts.

I guess luck plays a major role in determining the outcome of your application.
I would say don't worry much, but make sure whatever utility bills you provided with your application, keep them handy, so that if in the worst case even if you get a RQ you could provide them the the same documents+any additional docs required to support RQ.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gst8486 said:
I would say don't worry much, but make sure whatever utility bills you provided with your application, keep them handy, so that if in the worst case even if you get a RQ you could provide them the the same documents+any additional docs required to support RQ.
Thanks gst. I didn't provide additional documents. Just sent what was asked. But I think it's better to make a head-start by collecting documents that maybe required if slapped with an RQ.

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How did you guys send copies of degrees? They aren't the usual size. I am thinking of photocopying them and shrinking them to fit 8x11

Is this acceptable??

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ScubaC said:
How did you guys send copies of degrees? They aren't the usual size. I am thinking of photocopying them and shrinking them to fit 8x11

Is this acceptable??
I think that should be fine. My kids' birth certificates were bigger than A4 size but I got them copied on A4 sheets. I used them for renewing their PR cards as well.

Christine32

Star Member
Sep 3, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2009
Doc's Request.
14-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
IELTS Request
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2011
LANDED..........
19-May-2011
Aspat said:
Sent in my application package for 1 adult and 2 minors today through Canada Post's Express Post. Thanks to advice from forum members, I hope to have put together a complete application package. Documents restricted to just what's been asked, though.

Special attention to signatures, matching dates and ALL passports used in the previous 4 years. Not to mention name on the back of the photographs. Common factors easily forgotten.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth sail.

Anybody else joining the list today?
Hi,

We are currently working on our citizenship application and there is one thing we need some help with. We are applying for citizenship for 2 adults and one child. One of the requirements is that we need to attach 2 pieces of identification one f which has to have a photo on it. Now for our child we only have his PR card with his picture on it however that will be attached anyways as it is another requirement. So I wonder how I can get another iD for our son that has a picture on it. He can't get an ID card yet in Alberta since he is 8 years old (he must be 12 or older to get an ID card here). I asked his school if they have a school record of him with a picture on it but they said they don't have anything like that. The other identification document will be his Health Care card but what about the other one that requires to have a photo on it? Or would his PR card plus his Health Care card enough for CIC?
If you have any idea, please share it with me.

Thanks a lot!

Christine

cleo

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-11-2011
Application sent off for my husband February 4, 2015. Hopefully it will go as smoothly as the permanent residence. Three years has gone by quickly! We only sent off the documents they asked for. I don't understand why people are sending all that extra stuff like T4's and bills. Personally I think it's better just to give them exactly what they ask for. Well, good luck to all. The waiting begins again. ;)

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Christine32 said:
Hi,

We are currently working on our citizenship application and there is one thing we need some help with. We are applying for citizenship for 2 adults and one child. One of the requirements is that we need to attach 2 pieces of identification one f which has to have a photo on it. Now for our child we only have his PR card with his picture on it however that will be attached anyways as it is another requirement. So I wonder how I can get another iD for our son that has a picture on it. He can't get an ID card yet in Alberta since he is 8 years old (he must be 12 or older to get an ID card here). I asked his school if they have a school record of him with a picture on it but they said they don't have anything like that. The other identification document will be his Health Care card but what about the other one that requires to have a photo on it? Or would his PR card plus his Health Care card enough for CIC?

Thanks a lot!

Christine
Hi Christine,

I live in Ontario and the health card for minors don't carry a photo. The school does not provide any photo ID either.

For my kids' ID I provided the health card and an extra copy of the PR card. I did the same for their PR card renewal and it came through without a glitch.

I would suggest you do the same. I don't foresee a problem.

Good luck with your application.

Christine32

Star Member
Sep 3, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2009
Doc's Request.
14-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
IELTS Request
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2011
LANDED..........
19-May-2011
Aspat said:
Hi Christine,

I live in Ontario and the health card for minors don't carry a photo. The school does not provide any photo ID either.

For my kids' ID I provided the health card and an extra copy of the PR card. I did the same for their PR card renewal and it came through without a glitch.

I would suggest you do the same. I don't foresee a problem.

Good luck with your application.
Thank you, Aspat, we will then do the same way you did. I appreciate your help!
All the best,
Christine

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
In BC they are phasing out the separate health card, now combined with the driver's license. So for my husband's application we included 2 copies of the PR card. One for that requirement and another for the "2 pieces of ID" with his drivers license. He didn't have anything else that included his birthday.

His language proof was a copy of this Transcript from college in California showing he was granted a degree on May 1, 1995. Poor guy was looking at his grades and started getting sad (he got some A's but also an F and D). I really hope they don't want a copy of an actual "degree" paper as well. Was a pain to get the transcript copy as it was.

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
Hello Everyone
I mailed my set of applications on Saturday 07-Feb and it will be delivered on 10-Feb-15.

Documents I sent -
- Application Form
- Online Residence Calculator (Don't Forget to Sign - a very common mistake applicants do)
- Checklist
- Landing paper
- PR Card (Copy of Both Sides)
- Driving License - Copy of front
- Health Card - Copy of Front
- Passport copies - Both Old & new - Biographical pages only.
- IELTS Result
- Fee Receipt

Keeping my fingers crossed now. Any idea how much will it take to complete the process of getting citizenship.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WaitingForPR_09 said:
Hello Everyone
I mailed my set of applications on Saturday 07-Feb and it will be delivered on 10-Feb-15.

Documents I sent -
- Application Form
- Online Residence Calculator (Don't Forget to Sign - a very common mistake applicants do)
- Checklist
- Landing paper
- PR Card (Copy of Both Sides)
- Driving License - Copy of front
- Health Card - Copy of Front
- Passport copies - Both Old & new - Biographical pages only.
- IELTS Result
- Fee Receipt

Keeping my fingers crossed now. Any idea how much will it take to complete the process of getting citizenship.
Good luck.

I sent both sides of health card and D.L. Not sure if it's required though.

Where are you located?

russ007

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can also use bio page of your child's passport (if they have one) as one of the photo IDs

Christine32 said:
Hi,

Thanks a lot!

Christine

kodiaksa

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JUST sent my application in the mail, should be there Friday 13th.
I sent all documents on the list, nothing more. I am a single applicant.

I've been in Canada for over 11 years now. Just haven't submitted, so am interested to know is there is anyone with a similar experience. Do you think it would speed up the application given that residency is a non-issue, or perhaps slow it down since I took so long to apply?