Feb 2015 citizenship applicants

pelipeli2

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
superfellow said:
Did anyone above make a COLOUR copy of passports ? Not sure if or not a Colour copy is required.
pretty sure regular photocopies are fine , but all my photocopies are in color just because I want to. ;D

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Homemaker applicants on the forum,

Did anyone send additional documents to prove physical presence? (CIC certainly does not ask for any.)

Read on another thread that a homemaker was given an RQ, despite providing minor children's school (attendance) records.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Re: Feb 15 applicants

ScubaC said:
Hi I am sending mine Mid-Feb. I become eligible on the 7th :)

Would I need any buffer days since I never traveled the whole time?

Thanks!
Give yourself about 5 to 7 days of buffer, also following keypoints might help you in preparation of your application:

- Application Form - Make sure you include postal codes for all Canadian and foreign addresses where you lived
- Don't leave any column empty, for any non applicable column put “N/A”

- Online Residence Calculator (Don't Forget to Sign - a very common mistake applicants do)

- Copy of Landing paper

- Copy of PR Card (Copy of Both Sides)

- Copy of Driving License (Copy of Both Sides)

- Copy of Health Card (Copy of Both Sides)

- Copy of Canadian degree - this is in addition to the transcripts you will provide

- Copy of Bio-metric Pages of Passport (old & new - if applicable)

- Copy of Language proof Transcript for Canadian Degree/ diploma or IELTS score card (whichever is applicable)

- 2 recent Photos (Don't Forget to put your name at the back - a very common mistake applicants do, also make sure that photographer stamps it)
Get your photographs done as per the photograph instructions available on the CIC website

- Fee Receipt - you can Pay online for your application and it's preferred by CIC too
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

Make sure you keep a copy of full application package before mailing it. Send it via traceable mail or courier even if you have to pay extra.

Above points are based on my personal experience and the experiences shared by many other members of this web forum.

pelipeli2

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

gst8486 said:
Give yourself about 5 to 7 days of buffer, also following keypoints might help you in preparation of your application:

- Application Form - Make sure you include postal codes for all Canadian and foreign addresses where you lived
- Don't leave any column empty, for any non applicable column put “N/A”

- Online Residence Calculator (Don't Forget to Sign - a very common mistake applicants do)

- Copy of Landing paper

- Copy of PR Card (Copy of Both Sides)

- Copy of Driving License (Copy of Both Sides)

- Copy of Health Card (Copy of Both Sides)

- Copy of Canadian degree - this is in addition to the transcripts you will provide

- Copy of Bio-metric Pages of Passport (old & new - if applicable)

- Copy of Language proof Transcript for Canadian Degree/ diploma or IELTS score card (whichever is applicable)

- 2 recent Photos (Don't Forget to put your name at the back - a very common mistake applicants do, also make sure that photographer stamps it)
Get your photographs done as per the photograph instructions available on the CIC website

- Fee Receipt - you can Pay online for your application and it's preferred by CIC too
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

Make sure you keep a copy of full application package before mailing it. Send it via traceable mail or courier even if you have to pay extra.

Above points are based on my personal experience and the experiences shared by many other members of this web forum.
you forgot to include: Document checklist ;D

laomiao

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Just sent out my package yesterday. The preparation of the documents was a bit torturing and now I'm relieved that I don't need to look into this for a while. In addition to mandatory documents, I also sent NoAs, employment letters, property tax bills, lease agreements and hydro bills.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011

pelipeli2 said:
you forgot to include: Document checklist ;D
It's part of the FORM CIT 0002 includes the checklist, but thanks for reading the post and for providing the feedback. Plz check the below link for checking th CIT 0002
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0002E.pdf

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
laomiao said:
Just sent out my package yesterday. The preparation of the documents was a bit torturing and now I'm relieved that I don't need to look into this for a while. In addition to mandatory documents, I also sent NoAs, employment letters, property tax bills, lease agreements and hydro bills.

I don't think they asked for that in their checklist, hoping that won't be a problem because you provided them extra not less than what was required.....Good Luck !

pelipeli2

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

gst8486 said:
It's part of the FORM CIT 0002 includes the checklist, but thanks for reading the post and for providing the feedback. Plz check the below link for checking th CIT 0002
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0002E.pdf
You're totally right, but it's important to also remind people this, since some people may fail to see that it is indeed a part of the form, because an application form normally ends with the signature page..

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

gst8486 said:

1- Copy of Canadian degree - this is in addition to the transcripts you will provide

2- Copy of Language proof Transcript for Canadian Degree/ diploma or IELTS score card (whichever is applicable)

I understand that in 2 you to provide a copy of your degree/diploma as a language proof, but why in 1?
If 1 is to show that you studied in Canada, wouldn't the transcript suffice?

Thanks,

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gst8486 said:

I don't think they asked for that in their checklist, hoping that won't be a problem because you provided them extra not less than what was required.....Good Luck !
Do you think adding more documents than requested would be a problem? Have you heard of any such incidents?

There are contradicting viewpoints on this issue on this forum.

I sent only what was requested but considering I'm a homemaker with no work or education history in my '4 years', I'm beginning to wonder if that was a right decision. (Too late to do anything about it anyway :)). Reading about a homemaker applicant who was issued an RQ on another thread just went on strengthen my doubts.

I guess luck plays a major role in determining the outcome of your application.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
News Release Article from Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Record number of new citizens welcomed in 2014
More than 260,000 people became new Canadians; Backlog elimination on track
December 23, 2014 — Scarborough (Toronto), Ontario — Canada welcomed more than 260,000 new citizens this year, thanks to the government's improvements to the citizenship program as well as recent reforms to the Citizenship Act, Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander announced today. This is more new Canadians than in any year in Canada's history and more than double the number from last year.

Through recent changes to the Citizenship Act, the government has made strides over the past year to improve the citizenship application process, and applicants are already seeing results.

A new citizenship decision-making process, which came into force August 1, has streamlined the process from three steps to one. Since implementing the new process, more than 115,000 people have become Canadian citizens – a 90 percent increase from the same time period last year.
Canada's citizenship application backlog has been reduced by 17 percent since June 2014, and is at its lowest level in almost three years.
The government is on track to eliminate the citizenship application backlog and reduce processing times to less than one year sometime in the next fiscal year.
To have applicant fees more closely reflect the costs associated with processing citizenship applications, citizenship processing fees will increase from $300 to $530 for applicants whose complete applications are received after Jan. 1, 2015. These applicants will benefit from the processing improvements outlined above, and this is in keeping with user-pay principles and a move toward full cost recovery in the citizenship program.

Applications for a grant and resumptions of citizenship to a minor are exempt from this change. The $100 Right of Citizenship fee for successful applicants remains the same. Other fees for services, such as for citizenship proofs, are not changing.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The post above is a news release from Dec 2014 - to those who had missed it.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011

ejamal said:
I understand that in 2 you to provide a copy of your degree/diploma as a language proof, but why in 1?
If 1 is to show that you studied in Canada, wouldn't the transcript suffice?

Thanks,
I had the same question in my mind when one of my friend told me to do so, he had submitted his application only with transcript and after few months he was asked to submit copy of his degree.......it's one of those WTH situations you can avoid by sending just one extra piece of info

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Aspat said:
News Release Article from Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Record number of new citizens welcomed in 2014
More than 260,000 people became new Canadians; Backlog elimination on track
December 23, 2014 — Scarborough (Toronto), Ontario — Canada welcomed more than 260,000 new citizens this year, thanks to the government's improvements to the citizenship program as well as recent reforms to the Citizenship Act, Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander announced today. This is more new Canadians than in any year in Canada's history and more than double the number from last year.

Through recent changes to the Citizenship Act, the government has made strides over the past year to improve the citizenship application process, and applicants are already seeing results.

A new citizenship decision-making process, which came into force August 1, has streamlined the process from three steps to one. Since implementing the new process, more than 115,000 people have become Canadian citizens – a 90 percent increase from the same time period last year.
Canada's citizenship application backlog has been reduced by 17 percent since June 2014, and is at its lowest level in almost three years.
The government is on track to eliminate the citizenship application backlog and reduce processing times to less than one year sometime in the next fiscal year.
To have applicant fees more closely reflect the costs associated with processing citizenship applications, citizenship processing fees will increase from $300 to $530 for applicants whose complete applications are received after Jan. 1, 2015. These applicants will benefit from the processing improvements outlined above, and this is in keeping with user-pay principles and a move toward full cost recovery in the citizenship program.

Applications for a grant and resumptions of citizenship to a minor are exempt from this change. The $100 Right of Citizenship fee for successful applicants remains the same. Other fees for services, such as for citizenship proofs, are not changing.
Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat ! ! thanks for sharing the news ! !

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

gst8486 said:
I had the same question in my mind when one of my friend told me to do so, he had submitted his application only with transcript and after few months he was asked to submit copy of his degree.......it's one of those WTH situations you can avoid by sending just one extra piece of info
Thanks for the info.