+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

ankushskapoor

Jan 17, 2017
Hi Guys,

I called up the FBI on +1-304-625-5590, and asked them about my query on address.

As per the person on the phone - it is acceptable that I give the mail to address of a relative in the US.

Also that address will come printed on the report since they use a window envelope and that's where they will send a mail to.

He also confirmed that the address on the report does not matter.

And I am sure he thought I was stupid to ask this question.

Regards,
Ankush

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ankushskapoor said:
Hi Guys,

I called up the FBI on +1-304-625-5590, and asked them about my query on address.

As per the person on the phone - it is acceptable that I give the mail to address of a relative in the US.

Also that address will come printed on the report since they use a window envelope and that's where they will send a mail to.

He also confirmed that the address on the report does not matter.

And I am sure he thought I was stupid to ask this question.

Regards,
Ankush
Hey thanks for posting about it. Did you also ask about processing and delivery times both local and international?

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dell2 said:
Received 7th July/2016
CC charged 29th Aug/2016
Date on PCC Sep 9/2016
Mailed on Sep 13/2016 (USPS First Class Mail)
Received Sep 23/2016

Location North India

;)
Wow that was quick. You received it in only 10 days after they sent it to India.

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Hopefully i should also be receiving it in a week or so.

My credit card was charged 11 Jan and would be delivered to Ontario, Canada. Hoping for the best.

21Goose said:
Sent: Nov 23, 2016
CC Charged: Jan 5, 2017
Received: Jan 17, 2017

I'm in the US

binga777

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
I need to do a FBI PCC for my wife. But in the FBI form it asks for SSN(Social Security Number) ..*Last Four Digits of Social Security Number:.. Seems like this field in mandatory..How to tackle this??

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
binga777 said:
I need to do a FBI PCC for my wife. But in the FBI form it asks for SSN(Social Security Number) ..*Last Four Digits of Social Security Number:.. Seems like this field in mandatory..How to tackle this??
SSN is not mandatory.

dream2017

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
My package arrived at FBI on Dec 17th, but my credit card has not been charged. I think these days it will happen.

Any updates from other people with the similar timeline?

ankushskapoor

Jan 17, 2017
Hello,

This is for the people mainly in Mumbai.

I got my fingerprinting done from -

Fingerprint Bureau
European Bunglow 2nd Floor, Opp. Mata Ramabai Ambedkar Marg Police Station, Crawford Market, Near Haj House, Mumbai - 400 001.
Hours: 10 a.m to 6 p.m. Phone: (022) 2262-0348
Monday through Friday*. *The office is closed on 2nd and 4th Saturday’s of each month and other National holidays.

They are the only government agency who does fingerprinting in Mumbai. They are also listed in the approved list of the US Embassy.

They are located in a small very old looking building next to the police station.

Cost is Rs. 500/- for 1 copy of prints. But if you tell them that sometimes prints are rejected, they will give you 2 sets in the same cost. I spoke to the office person and got 4 sets done and said I will pay 500 twice. But when the senior officer came he said they will not give 4, since they give only 1 (or max 2) for one country/purpose. So I asked them to give me the best 2.

I went there at 10:00 am sharp. The whole process took me 3 hours. Actually I could have saved 1 hour, but they had some inspection going on the same day and most of them were busy with that. Actually I got lucky that they took my case that day, since they were discussing not taking anyone because of the inspection.

Documents to be carried -
FD-258 - I took 5 copies. They will take 3 sets of prints - 2 they will give you and 1 they will keep for their records. I suggest carry 5 in case there is any mistake.
Black Pen - they insisted that I fill the FD-258 form with black pen. I did not have one and I borrowed from them.
2 Blank Papers - you have to write a brief application letter. They might give you a blank sheet. I took 2. I suggest you take them too.
At Least 4 Address/Identity Proofs (plus Passport) - I had taken Aadhar card (take the full big one since it has an extra number which the new smart cards don't - I got lucky that I had both), Pan card, Driving License, Ration Card and Passport. You can also take Electricity bill, gas bill, etc. You need to take one copy of each and all originals.
1 passport photo - I took 2, but you need only one.

Process -
Meet one officer who takes your case.
Fill the application letter and list the documents you will be submitting.
Give self-attested photocopies of all document and show originals.
Wait to be taken to the back of the office where they will take you prints.
Ink based fingerprinting done. They actually take pride that they do a good job, and they say ink based is better that digital.
Wait for fingerprints to be verified.
Show all originals to one more senior official.
Show all originals to the main officer. Pay the fees, sign the receipt and the register.
Done

Later I took the 2 sets of prints they gave me and went to get them scanned.
Documents Scanned -
Filled Application Information Form - I did not scan the CC form.
2 sets of fingerprints
Receipt from the government office.

From there ran straight to the FedEx center and send the documents (Application form, 2 sets of fingerprints and CC form) to the FBI via international priority (cost was Rs. 3650/-).

This all was done on 18-Jan-2017. FedEx told me it should reach by 20-Jan-2017.

Charldr

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I'm applying for FBI PCC from South Africa for my wife who lived in the US for approximately 1 year. We are submitting it on our own and not going through any agency or anything.

Please would someone assist me with a few questions I have.

• What address do we put on the application form? Her address in the US when she was there, the address in South Africa we lived at during the before and after the period she lived there, or our current address in South Africa?
  • When my wife lived in the US, we weren't married yet. She has now taken my surname. Which name should we put on the application form? Or should we use her current name and put nee maiden name in brackets?
  • What is to be filled out in "Employer and Address" on the fingerprint card if she is self employed? This is what is given on the information sheet "2. IDENTITY OF PRIVATE CONTRACTORS SHOULD BE SHOWN IN SPACE “EMPLOYER AND ADDRESS”. THE CONTRIBUTOR IS THE NAME OF THE AGENCY SUBMITTING THE FINGERPRINT CARD TO THE FBI.
  • Our postal system in South Africa is quite unreliable and I would prefer not to use a postal address as the return mail address and rather use my residential address. I saw somewhere that the FBI sends the completed forms with UPS. Does this mean that it will only be with UPS until it arrives on South African shores where it will then be given to the South African postal service, or does it mean that it will be with UPS until my door step similar to if someone had to courier something to me?

Your assistance in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
vishal_t said:
FBI site clearly says processing time of 12-14 weeks + mail delivery time.

Also the only way for Non US ciitizens or Green card holders; the only way is send finger prints on paper to FBI. Online (digital) fingerprints is only for US citizens/Green card holders

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

You're right about that. I sent my application on Jan 13, got the signature confirmation on the package by Jan 17. Now the gruesome waiting time begins. I believe this is the only thing that takes almost full 3 months in the PR application. Otherwise, most other documents are easily obtained and uploaded.

vishal_t

Aug 12, 2015
grapehair said:
vishal_t said:
FBI site clearly says processing time of 12-14 weeks + mail delivery time.

Also the only way for Non US ciitizens or Green card holders; the only way is send finger prints on paper to FBI. Online (digital) fingerprints is only for US citizens/Green card holders

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

You're right about that. I sent my application on Jan 13, got the signature confirmation on the package by Jan 17. Now the gruesome waiting time begins. I believe this is the only thing that takes almost full 3 months in the PR application. Otherwise, most other documents are easily obtained and uploaded.
Based on the current timelines posted by others; seems like FBI takes 40 days from package receipt to charge credit card. After that it takes approx 2 more weeks to recieve the certificate.