+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

rj16

Star Member
May 19, 2015
New Jersey, USA
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
I thought I'd share my experience with EDO:

Submitted / paid for eDO online - Feb 23rd 2018.
Fingerprints obtained and mailed from Hong Kong (so sent from Asia to the US) - Feb 23rd 2018.
Emailed FBI to notify them about the tracking number on FedEx - Feb 24th 2018.
FBI Received prints via FedEx - Feb 26th 2018.
Email received to say prints received and 3 minutes later another email to confirm completion of process with PDF file available online - Feb 27th 2018.

I haven't received the hardcopy of the report yet, but altogether, it took me a couple of days for the entire process.
I just got an e-mail today saying that they have received the prints for both of us. Their clock for 3 minutes start now :)

Chillovski

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
ON, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Hi guys, is anyone still having DOB issues with their FBI PCC? I had got my electronic PCC last week, never bothered checking the details. Then today as I happened to gaze over it, saw that the date of birth was off by a day.

I did write to FBI a few hours ago, no response so far.

kotvir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Australia)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
Doc's Request.
22-07-2019
Nomination.....
28-11-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2018
File Transfer...
12-03-2019
Med's Request
12-07-2019
Med's Done....
20-08-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2019
No I didn't. I wasn't aware that you could or should reply to them in any way. I received my pdf and later on my paper copy while my status remained as "Response Waiting".
Thanks for the update

Reactions: robinhood_1984

tryngcanada

Aug 8, 2017
Guys,

Can i put my finger prints on form-fd-258 on my own or do i need to visit a law enforcement office? I am in the US. The instruction mentions :

If possible, have your fingerprints taken by a fingerprinting technician. This service may be available at a law enforcement agency.

So far, what I understand is that I can take multiple prints of FD-258 and put my fingerprint at home using black ink pad. Can you please confirm?

ljchan66

Feb 21, 2018
Guys,

Can i put my finger prints on form-fd-258 on my own or do i need to visit a law enforcement office? I am in the US. The instruction mentions :

So far, what I understand is that I can take multiple prints of FD-258 and put my fingerprint at home using black ink pad. Can you please confirm?
I would go to a local police office to have them do the fingerprint, rather than you doing it at home. The likelihood for you to get it properly done is probably very low. You would want this process to be as smooth as possible.

Reactions: tryngcanada

Chasing

Feb 28, 2018
Got my FBI PCC today through snail mail method (old method).
Delivery to FBI: 6th Nov
FBI Date: 15th Feb ( Date on letter)
Delivery in US: 27th Feb

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Guys,

It is better if you get it done by a professional, but not required. Check with your local police department, many do it for free for their residents. Also check local UPS stores, but they will charge you for it.

saherkar

Oct 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Me too!
I had sent DD with my paper application which was converted to eDO later & I had paid eDO fees as well by credit card.
But neither I got refund on my credit card nor the DD I had sent with paper application.
I got my DD back by mail today; so they charged me only once :)

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Guys,

yes you can but dont use regular ink pad. use the inkless pad which is a bit more expensive. me and my wife took the prints ourselves and got the reports in three days.

JaiCanada

Feb 9, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Med's Done....
12-06-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2018
LANDED..........
02-11-2018
Got my FBI PCC.

My fingerprint cards were delivered to the Clarksburg WV address around first week of December 2017 . Based on the current processing times, I was expecting mine to arrive by mid or end of March 2018. But I just thought of trying the eDO process, and I'm glad I tried! Got my PCC in less than 48 hrs!

Here's detailed info about how the process was for me:

27 Feb, ~11:30 am
I paid the eDO fees here https://www.edo.cjis.gov and forwarded the payment confirmation email as per instructions here [at this point the status was 'Insufficient Documentation']​

28 Feb, ~8:30 am
I got a response from FBI that they have forwarded my info to the processing center [status was 'Insufficient Documentation']​

28 Feb, ~2:00 pm
Got email: "Your fingerprint card has been received for your Identity History Summary Request and will be processed in the date order in which it was received." [status changed to IN PROGRESS]​

28 Feb, ~5:00 pm
Electronic version available. Downloaded it. [status changed to RESPONSE WAITING]​

Expecting mailed copy to arrive in a few days.

If anyone needs a format for forwarding the email, here's the content of email I forwarded:

Dear Officer:

I'm forwarding the eDO confirmation email and details of original request that was delivered to FBI on <date it was delivered>

Mailing address: <I added my Home Address Here>
Telephone number: <Your Phone number here>
Name of carrier service: <Carrier through which you sent your fingerprint cards, mine was USPS>
Carrier tracking number for original request: <Package Tracking Number>

Please let me know if any other information is required to process the request.

Thanks,
<My Name>
I'm not a resident or a citizen on the US. Mailed documents from US. Residing in the US.

You check the status, by clicking the link that you received in the email when you started the eDO process. It helps to bookmark the link in the browser, to check it often.

The off by 1 date of birth bug seems to be fixed, and I had no issues in data entry (as noted in earlier discussions in this thread).

Note:
There are some threads mentioning
"fingerprint rejected".

If you are fingerprinting on the card yourself, it helps to send multiple fingerprint cards.

I got mine done at a professional fingerprinting center at NYC, and first set of prints weren't perfect, so the associate told me to get an another one, and send both cards, so that if one fails, FBI will check with the other one. (She also got to charge me $10 extra for that).

If you think first set of fingerprints may not be perfect, just send an another one in the same packet that you are mailing to the FBI.

Hope all this info helps anyone looking to go through the eDO process, either with a new application or to convert applications sent after November 1, 2017.

Many thanks to all those who provided info in this thread. Helped me a lot!

Last edited:

tryngcanada

Aug 8, 2017
yes you can but dont use regular ink pad. use the inkless pad which is a bit more expensive. me and my wife took the prints ourselves and got the reports in three days.
How many copies of the FD-528 did you send in mail? Just one or multiples in case one doesn't work? I don't mean exact copies but FD-528 with fresh prints on each copy.

rj16

Star Member
May 19, 2015
New Jersey, USA
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
My wife has got her fingerprints denied 3 times in last 2 years. I can't understand what is wrong with her fingerprints. I called FBI and asked if I can do LiveScan. They said that we can, but we will need a hardcopy which are printed on FD-258. So after doing some research, I found this company Identogo, which provides live scanning printed on FD-258. It's only available in few states, but I thought let me share it anyways. We got her fingerprints through there yesterday, and they look good. But let's see if FBI is able to process them this time.

https://www.identogo.com/services/fingerprint-card

Reactions: bibinpanicker

munif162

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Hello Seniors,

In my eDO, I can see my report from "view output". This has been 2 weeks now.

But the status is showing "RESPONSE WAITING".

I have not got the paper report yet even though I opted for that while applying.

Anybody is this situation?
How long it takes to get the paper report?
And moreover, is the PDF applicable to produce to IRCC as a proof?

Need your help guys.